Why do they keep comparing these two?

Bronx

Leaving the QBs aside because I'm bored of the Wilson debate, as excited as I was to add Garrett Wilson, the Dolphins have a trio of Hill, Waddle and Gesicki that is significantly better than what the Jets are going to be trotting out next year. 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They’re compared b/c they’re in the same division.

Tua will throw for more b/c the jets are going to run a lot more than the phins.

The Dolphins are running a variant of the same offense from the 49ers. The 49ers rushed more than the Jets did last season. They brought in 3 new RBs. What leads you believe they will not be rushing in the same neighborhood as the Jets? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Wilson, Moore and our TE group are damn good. 

I hope Mr. Beater Hill busts. That's my well-wish for this POS!

Wilson is a very talented rookie who we have no idea whether he will pan out or not. Moore was a good rookie who missed games and had 538 yards. The TEs should be improved. Its a solid group. 

The Dolphins have arguably a top 5 trio in the NFL. Waddle went over 1k yards as a rookie. Hill is Hill. Gesicki had 78 catches for almost 8 hundred yards last year. 

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Wilson is a very talented rookie who we have no idea whether he will pan out or not. Moore was a good rookie who missed games and had 538 yards. The TEs should be improved. Its a solid group. 

The Dolphins have arguably a top 5 trio in the NFL. Waddle went over 1k yards as a rookie. Hill is Hill. Gesicki had 78 catches for almost 8 hundred yards last year. 

yeah just wait until their covered in sauce

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Tua will throw for more b/c the jets are going to run a lot more than the phins.

This is not exactly true. You only real run until behind and despite a massive secondary upgrade we are still very weak up the middle and at linebacker so we may be behind a lot.  Even more we will still run 11 like 60% of the time and pass more than we run. 

2 hours ago, maury77 said:

. The TEs should be improved. Its a solid group. 

Should? I get not counting on rookies and 2nd years but "should"? Our TE group is unbelievably improved. That is as much a lock as someone calling Zach short again. We went from like the 32nd TE group in the NFL to at least Top 15

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, maury77 said:

Yeah…. but this guy helps the Jets

Looking Miami Football GIF by Miami Dolphins

3 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

yeah just wait until their covered in sauce

People don’t realize our entire defense has been totally revamped. Sauce and Reed at CB. Whitehead and Joyner at safety, Carter at nickel. Then you have last years secondary who are a year more experienced: Hall, Guidry, Pinnock, Echols, Davis, Dunn

A DL rotation of (5 New DL - Lawson, JJ, Martin, Curry, Clemons), JFM, QW, Huff, Rankins, Shepherd, Thomas, Zuniga, Marshall. 

The only position that lacks depth seems to be LB with Mosley and QW holding fort. 

This defense is much deeper and should be much better this year. 

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah…. but this guy helps the Jets

Looking Miami Football GIF by Miami Dolphins

Tua has the two games against the Jets circled on his calendar.Accurate, intermediate quick passer with speedy YAC eating targets against a highly suspect LB core… Jets offense is gonna have to win those games.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, maury77 said:

Don't think I've ever seen this convention used before.

16 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I disagree. When you compare Zach and Tua's rookie season they both threw for 180 yards a game.

Tua threw for just over 200 yards a game in his second year.

Zach is taking a much bigger jump than that. It would be very disappointing if Zach throws for fewer yards than Tua this season.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Tua has the two games against the Jets circled on his calendar.Accurate, intermediate quick passer with speedy YAC eating targets against a highly suspect LB core… Jets offense is gonna have to win those games.

So if Tua was circling two games on his calendar it would be the Lions and the Texans.

Jermaine Johnson, Sauce Gardner, several defense free agent starters, Lawson coming back. These won't be easy games for Tua.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

So if Tua was circling two games on his calendar it would be the Lions and the Texans.

Jermaine Johnson, Sauce Gardner, several defense free agent starters, Lawson coming back. These won't be easy games for Tua.

Jets look to be much improved just seems to these eyes the Jets are weakest in the perfect area (LB) for Tua‘s limited game (accurate intermediate throws in space). 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The Dolphins are running a variant of the same offense from the 49ers. The 49ers rushed more than the Jets did last season. They brought in 3 new RBs. What leads you believe they will not be rushing in the same neighborhood as the Jets? 

Because they traded away a pile assets on Hill, are paying him a pile of cash?  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, maury77 said:

Gisicki is incredibly overrated here.  The dolphins have a great duo for sure but Gisicki?  78 catches on 112 short targets?  780 yards, 2 TDS?  Ok, no one’s sweating his contribution, especially since Hill will take a lot of those targets 

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Jets look to be much improved just seems to these eyes the Jets are weakest in the perfect area (LB) for Tua‘s limited game (accurate intermediate throws in space). 

The concerns at LB are overblown, imo. Base defense in the NFL is the nickel, leaving two LBs on the field most of the time. They don’t rotate LBs the way they do DL, so Mosley was on the field for 92% of the snaps, and Quincy Williams was out there 74% of the time. Depth might be an issue, but that’s most of it. The young guys are converted safeties, so coverage should be the least of their concerns. The secondary has been upgraded at at least three starting spots, giving them plenty of depth for nickel & dime packages. 

Really, the concern with the LBs is gonna be with the rush defense, not the pass defense. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Gisicki is incredibly overrated here.  The dolphins have a great duo for sure but Gisicki?  78 catches on 112 short targets?  780 yards, 2 TDS?  Ok, no one’s sweating his contribution, especially since Hill will take a lot of those targets 

The TD's aren't  there 780 yards is excellent for a TE who isn't  the focus of the O. Also that is nearly a 70% catch percentage , same as Kelce. I wouldn't draft him on my fantasy team but I would love to see Conklin or Uzumah put up similar numbers with a couple of more TD's. 

• Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, slats said:

The concerns at LB are overblown, imo. Base defense in the NFL is the nickel, leaving two LBs on the field most of the time. They don’t rotate LBs the way they do DL, so Mosley was on the field for 92% of the snaps, and Quincy Williams was out there 74% of the time. Depth might be an issue, but that’s most of it. The young guys are converted safeties, so coverage should be the least of their concerns. The secondary has been upgraded at at least three starting spots, giving them plenty of depth for nickel & dime packages. 

Really, the concern with the LBs is gonna be with the rush defense, not the pass defense. 

Miami passing game is an extension of their running game. I predict they gut us in that intermediate range and pile on YAC. Oddly I think we have a better chance to beat BUF than MIA. Might have to break my rule of never betting on Jets games and bet hard on MIA there. Just got a feeling with that team and the world underrates Tua which will give me a couple extra points on the spread. Probably will be too juicy to pass up. But hey anything can happen that’s why they call it gambling.

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Miami passing game is an extension of their running game. I predict they gut us in that intermediate range and pile on YAC. Oddly I think we have a better chance to beat BUF than MIA. Might have to break my rule of never betting on Jets games and bet hard on MIA there. Just got a feeling with that team and the world underrates Tua which will give me a couple extra points on the spread. Probably will be too juicy to pass up. But hey anything can happen that’s why they call it gambling.

No doubt they ran thru Gesicki and Waddle in TE slot last year, but they didn’t trade five picks (and give $120M) for Hill to have him be a part of that style offense. It’ll be interesting to see how they adapt. Jets added so much to the secondary that I wouldn’t be surprised to see a CB on the TE at times. Their running game isn’t that frightening, either. 

But that matchup is a long way away. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I disagree. When you compare Zach and Tua's rookie season they both threw for 180 yards a game.

Tua threw for just over 200 yards a game in his second year.

Zach is taking a much bigger jump than that. It would be very disappointing if Zach throws for fewer yards than Tua this season.

The jets drafted a #1 rb, signed Tomlinson and signed 2 FA TEs who are good blockers and drafted ruckert.  I believe the jets are going to mix the short passing game with the run game to protect wilson early in the season while he gets more familiar with the offense and his new weapons.  I think the dolphins are going to air it out more.