Why do they keep comparing these two?

Bronx

46 minutes ago, slats said:

No doubt they ran thru Gesicki and Waddle in TE slot last year, but they didn’t trade five picks (and give $120M) for Hill to have him be a part of that style offense. It’ll be interesting to see how they adapt. Jets added so much to the secondary that I wouldn’t be surprised to see a CB on the TE at times. Their running game isn’t that frightening, either. 

But that matchup is a long way away. 

Yep who knows what the teams will look like at that point although Hill's game is YAC. The long bombs make the highlight reels but he was #117 last year in the NFL for average depth of target.

Tua has thrown into tight windows at the 2nd highest rate in the NFL over the last two years while producing a 66% completion rate -- criminally underrated. And then Hill leads the NFL in yards of separation per route. They are a match made in heaven. No dramatic change needed.

21 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Tua has shown over his first two years to not be a FQB. If he somehow breaks out in year 3, it’ll be just as surprising as Josh Allen’s breakout. Even moreso.

If Zach cant outplay Tua, he also isnt a FQB.

Tua has started 21 NFL games. The first year he was coming back from a devastating knee injury. Nevertheless, taking his per game production and translating it into a 17 game season, Tua would be at:

3,616 yards

22 TDs

12 INTs

66% completion rate.

If our QB had numbers like that as a 1st/2nd year player, Jets fans everywhere (myself included) would be very optimistic for his future.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Wow.  Flacco and White are legends.

It says a lot that they both carry water for young Zachary.  

Joe Flacco had one of the greatest post season performances  ever on his way to winning a Super Bowl and Super Bowl MVP. Let’s hope whatever water Joe graciously gives to young Zach has a little of that in it! 

On 6/18/2022 at 5:15 AM, The Crusher said:

If I had to guess Id say Tua. Got guys who can make yards after catch and his short range accuracy is solid. Jets will likely struggle in the red zone until Flacco takes over. 

This is sarcastic. I wasn't sure till the flacco part. Well done.

On 6/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, maury77 said:

Leaving the QBs aside because I'm bored of the Wilson debate, as excited as I was to add Garrett Wilson, the Dolphins have a trio of Hill, Waddle and Gesicki that is significantly better than what the Jets are going to be trotting out next year. 

I actually think Jets finish 2nd in the division and might make a wild card this year. I like their you skilled players 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

The jets drafted a #1 rb, signed Tomlinson and signed 2 FA TEs who are good blockers and drafted ruckert.  I believe the jets are going to mix the short passing game with the run game to protect wilson early in the season while he gets more familiar with the offense and his new weapons.  I think the dolphins are going to air it out more.  

Yes, but Tua stinks lol.

Leaving the QBs aside because I'm bored of the Wilson debate, as excited as I was to add Garrett Wilson, the Dolphins have a trio of Hill, Waddle and Gesicki that is significantly better than what the Jets are going to be trotting out next year. 

hill, waddle and geseiki have put up some good number and are talented but you still have to wonder how much hill really has left and if waddle can be a real star.  i don't think any of them are as good as diggs so it's not like the doltfins have the best receiver in the east.  we'll see what happens.  the jets are finally going to be able to points on the board from anywhere on the field.

Maybe, but we have much more depth.  If geisiki or hill/waddle go down, there is a huge drop off.  If we lose corey davis or Uzomah, we have garret wilson and conklin to plug in.

That is a huge advantage jets!

23 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just when I thought Hess was out…

The typical Jet fan emotional roller coaster. Irrational exuberance after draft followed by abject despair during the season (punctuated by a week back to irrational exuberance after the Jets invariably win a game they have no business winning). Then disgust as we watch another Jets-less playoffs and then back to the draft and a surge of optimism.

6 hours ago, jgb said:

The typical Jet fan emotional roller coaster. Irrational exuberance after draft followed by abject despair during the season (punctuated by a week back to irrational exuberance after the Jets invariably win a game they have no business winning). Then disgust as we watch another Jets-less playoffs and then back to the draft and a surge of optimism.

I'm not saying the Jets have been a top reason for the existential despair I've experienced over the last couple years, but I'm not saying they're low on the list, either.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying the Jets have been a top reason for the existential despair I've experienced over the last couple years, but I'm not saying they're low on the list, either.

I've turned off emotional investment and now watch with bemused detachment until the team warrants more than that.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Maybe, but we have much more depth.  If geisiki or hill/waddle go down, there is a huge drop off.  If we lose corey davis or Uzomah, we have garret wilson and conklin to plug in.

That is a huge advantage jets!

This is like saying we have the advantage over the Chiefs because Joe Flacco > Chad Henne.

• Haha 2

At this point while I don't like Tua as a long term option as a potential elite QB, he is miles ahead of Zach as an NFL QB.   Tua has a winning record, has a good completion percentage, TD to INT ratio and QBR.   Zach has sucked with an elite arm.  

Hopefully this will change.