Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

42 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Would like to see another decent or better day from Zack. But more importantly I want to see the Oline give him some time to throw. I know the Becton injury has been talked to death, but the performance of the OLine without him proves that he hasn't been the JAG that he's been made out to be.

Fingers crossed.

Agree, but the Oline looked terrible in camp last year and turned it around in the regular season...albeit a little too late in the season.

Hopefully these guys can settle in faster then last year. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, PorP said:

Bounce back?  He was 7 / 11 yesterday even despite the DE's/IDL in the back field. 

8 Sacks haha 19 drop backs so... He was sacked on over a 1/3rd of the passing plays and went 3 and out numerous times... sure 7/11 looks good... but thats not the real story.

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 3

4 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

8 Sacks haha 19 drop backs so... He was sacked on over a 1/3rd of the passing plays and went 3 and out numerous times... sure 7/11 looks good... but thats not the real story.

There was a silly little nuance in my original post where I called out DE/IDL

So thanks for the update? 

He was only called once for holding the ball too long.  

So now oline play is the QBs fault... lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

There was a silly little nuance in my original post where I called out DE/IDL

So thanks for the update? 

He was only called once for holding the ball too long.  

So now iline play is the QBs fault... lol

Yeah you said they were in the backfield... ZW was not good yesterday... read through every beat writer... 8 sacks no matter how much the DE is in the backfield is unacceptable...  Yes, sacks are the fault of the QB unless they are in his face in less then 2 seconds... which I doubt happened on 8 plays. come on man...

Stats obviously didn't tell the whole story yesterday.

• Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Interesting numbers since we're on the topic of Zach Wilson vs. the pressure he's getting in camp.

Okay Zach was terrible last year, how many times you guys want to beat that dead horse with these same tired stats 

it’s corny and old now ?

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Yeah you said they were in the backfield... ZW was not good yesterday... read through every beat writer... 8 sacks no matter how much the DE is in the backfield is unacceptable...  Yes, sacks are the fault of the QB unless they are in his face in less then 2 seconds... which I doubt happened on 8 plays. come on man...

Stats obviously didn't tell the whole story yesterday.

By ALL accounts this was the OL looking pitiful yesterday.  

Sacks became primarily the fault of QB's last year for some reason.  Strange occurrence.

If Zach was holding the ball too long we would know about it - it drives clicks more than anything else on these twitter accounts.  Zach did everything he could yesterday - and is showing immense progress.  You can live your world of trying to find ways Zach played poorly.

I'll never understand this - but I guess good for you if this makes you happy.

• Upvote 3