Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

16 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He hasnt signed so to this point he hasnt made a cent.  If Mitchell looks great in Fridays game, that offer could be rescinded or decreased.

The deal he would’ve signed on Saturday is less valuable than the deal he’ll sign if he sign now because there is more need, that’s just how it works. Also if Max Mitchell does well against Philly nothing really changes except he’ll probably make McDermott or Edoga expendable.

2 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Lots of us did. Softball prediction. Love me some Sauce but Ickey was right there at #4.

And of course how would you know from your computer what Mitchell is or isn’t?  Maybe he can play meanwhile Ickey has struggled and has been pushed to G where we’re fine

22 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The deal he would’ve signed on Saturday is less valuable than the deal he’ll sign if he sign now because there is more need, that’s just how it works. Also if Max Mitchell does well against Philly nothing really changes except he’ll probably make McDermott or Edoga expendable.

Or you wait him out longer and perhaps he gets nervous and drops his price.  This is of course contingent on Mitchell or Edoga showing fairly well as a stop gap. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

My guess is that Brown knows he can wait a week and let teams start panicking about their OL situation, and then just pick the situation he wants.

And that could work or it could backfire if the team he prefers going to signs someone else.

1 hour ago, PorP said:

I read the same.  There was concern over strength based on a pretty pathetic bench press number (for an olineman)

where at his pro day?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/max-mitchell/32004d49-5453-1653-6099-c800c0271a83

not mentioned as weakness either

Weaknesses

Doesn't always play to his arm length.

Can improve at bringing feet with him through the run block.

Needs to keep feet moving and engaged at the top of the rush.

Inconsistent to cinch up and control attackers with his hands.

Glitchy redirection with his feet against an inside move.

Lacks consistent calm during mirror and scramble situations.

I have not seen him play either so we shall see in these pre-season games how he does

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is such a bullsh*t comment.

Tom Brady made a career out of "long hand off" short passes.

of course.  Especially in this offense.

Go look at Aaron Rodgers numbers - Throw the ball short and let your playmakers do the work.  Obviously you have to throw the ball downfield as part of it - but you are correct it is a bullsh*t comment.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is such a bullsh*t comment.

Tom Brady made a career out of "long hand off" short passes.

And this is one practice after he got sacked 100 times.  I said after that one that the offense has to adjust and help the qb with the pass rush.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

where at his pro day?

Weaknesses

I have not seen him play either so we shall see in these pre-season games how he does

I honestly don't recall where I read it or what it pertained to (pro day or if he was at combine?). 

I didn't know who  he was when we drafted him so I Googled. First thing that came up was his #1 pff CFB OT ranking. ... to which that plus 4th round seemed weird and I dug further. 

It basically said he was a later round pick based on the smaller school he went to and the black eye bench press number in an otherwise mediocre RAS for olineman.

2 minutes ago, PorP said:

I honestly don't recall where I read it or what it pertained to (pro day or if he was at combine?). 

I didn't know who  he was when we drafted him so I Googled. First thing that came up was his #1 pff CFB OT ranking. ... to which that plus 4th round seemed weird and I dug further. 

It basically said he was a later round pick based on the smaller school he went to and the black eye bench press number in an otherwise mediocre RAS for olineman.

well he did not do bench press at combine and pff sucks imo so we shall see.

9 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

where at his pro day?

Weaknesses

I forgot,  

The other knock they had on him was his inability to keep weight on during the season.