Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

3 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

AVT played tackle at USC.

We also signed a guard from the Eagles in the offseason who I believe was a starter (or 6th) for them.

And USC moved him  back to G, we drafted him as a G.  Not saying he couldn’t fill in but think they don’t really want to move him from LG to RG to RT.

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And they moved him to G, we drafted him as a G.  Not saying he couldn’t fill in but think they don’t really want to move him from LG to RG to RT.

That's a different story. I agree that they probably don't want to...but he/they can. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Drums said:

I’ve been seeing this a lot but I don’t think it is going up if we’re the only ones interested.

There were several reports that we were not the only team interested and that predated the Becton injury.  Supposedly the Panthers were interested when the FA period started, but Brown was waiting for a "satisfactory" offer.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Doesn't bother me at all.  But maybe Cimini knows he'll get under people's skin and they'll talk about his tweets.  Ultimately his job is clicks.

Maybe, but for me a beat writer should provide facts about the team across both sides of the ball.

don’t focus on a few players you know will draw attention many times for the wrong reason and don’t make it personal.

fir the most part cimini fails at the above

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

A MESS?   All caps?  He took over a team that started Kelvin Beachum and Brandon Shell for years and before that Clady and Ijalana.  He replaced them with Becton and Fant.  Added Moses as depth and has kept tabs on veterans that are loose like Brown and Reiff.  Seems like sensible moves and an improvement.  He doesn't get any gold stars for the way this is working out, but it certainly seems an upgrade to me.  Do you guys really feel that Shell and Giacomini were so much better?  Those were guys we slated to start seasons with before any injuries.  Edoga and Benedict Cumberbunch or whoever have already started seasons and the team does not seem satisfied to roll with them at all.

I guess you are an even more ardent fan of Douglas than I am.

I don't see how Becton, as of right now is more of an improvement than the players you suggest.  All the talent and potential in the world does nothing if you can't stay on the field. 

Fant was injured last year at times, and he is in the last year of his contract.  So yeah....my comment still stands.  The Tackle positions on this team are a MESS.  Douglas has done an A+ job for this franchise.  But the tackle positions....well, my feelings are documented.  

9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, one of his starting T's went down for the season yesterday - with no viable back-up.

He better be on the phone all day today.

Everyone has injuries, especially on the OL.   This is just the start, what happens when the next guy goes down?    This is what happens when you literally can’t draft for a decade - no depth.  

• Upvote 4

Everyone has injuries, especially on the OL.   This is just the start, what happens when the next guy goes down?    This is what happens when you literally can’t draft for a decade - no depth.  
When that happens you get a second d phone.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Ekwonu last i heard hadn't been able to establish himself at OT and was taking reps at guard for now - which was a possibility for him (long term OG)

Sauce was always the right pick and you revisionists need to get over it. 

Ekwonu was my choice.  What with how he is performing in camp I'm  now wondering  if JD didn't have his very good reasons for NOT liking him at 4.  Just how the hell good is JD!        

• Upvote 3

Can JD nab a young tackle from another team's practice squad? Are those even set up yet?

I was thinking there may be a good young Tackle drafted last year and spent the season on some Practice Squad. There'd be his college film and training camp vids from last season, at least the 3 preseason games, plus and snaps he may have filled in last year, plus any word coming out of this year's TC.

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Can JD nab a young tackle from another team's practice squad? Are those even set up yet?

I was thinking there may be a good young Tackle drafted last year and spent the season on some Practice Squad. There'd be his college film and training camp vids from last season, at least the 3 preseason games, plus and snaps he may have filled in last year, plus any word coming out of this year's TC.

Practice squads aren't in place yet. They are only established after final roster cuts.

• Upvote 1

Would like to see another decent or better day from Zack. But more importantly I want to see the Oline give him some time to throw. I know the Becton injury has been talked to death, but the performance of the OLine without him proves that he hasn't been the JAG that he's been made out to be.

Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Would like to see another decent or better day from Zack. But more importantly I want to see the Oline give him some time to throw. I know the Becton injury has been talked to death, but the performance of the OLine without him proves that he hasn't been the JAG that he's been made out to be.

Fingers crossed.

Real test comes Friday against Philly.  Expect a lot or running the ball with the 1s, and quick passes given the uncertainty along the OL.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Lith said:

Real test comes Friday against Philly.  Expect a lot or running the ball with the 1s, and quick passes given the uncertainty along the OL.  

See I'd rather the opposite. Put them to the test to see what we actually have at RT. Eventually our QB is going to have to hold on to the ball, best time to test that out isn't in week 1 lol.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

2 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Can we please get RT updates as often as possible? Who, how long, how well, who else, etc.

Writers are bing awfully stingy with any udpates today.  We may just need to wait until Friday night to get an idea what the rotation looks like and how these guys are holding up.

• Sympathy 2