Zach and Sauce shined in Green & White scrimmage

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Given your propensity to neg rep roughly 50 posts a day, color me shocked that you “understand being critical”.

Just because I upvote and downvote to utilize good vs bad points doesn't mean I am not critical...  

You are just stuck with a small handful that relentlessly have to point out the negative in every situation no matter what... 

I don't know if you get off on arguing or just giving a I told you so at the end of the season but it's tiresome... 

Zach can have good parts to a practice and also have things he needs work on... 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Neg reps are intended to be used sparingly.  

Says who...  You can use them However you want there is no rules...  If you don't like it don't make every single post into Zach wilson was terrible because... 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Skeptable said:

Says who...  You can use them However you want there is no rules...  If you don't like it don't make every single post into Zach wilson was terrible because... 

I mean yeah if you want to be a d**k about it, then sure, no rules at all.  Carry on. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I mean yeah if you want to be a d**k about it, then sure, no rules at all.  Carry on. 

And there you go...  No reasonable response, you just have to personal attack because someone hurt your feelings with a downvote...  Grow up

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, GreenReaper said:

More ZW Green and White scrimmage highlights.  You see plays here showing his friend...is the TE.  Conklin in this game had great chemistry with Zach.

Good video. Thanks for posting it. As a guy reading thus forum with "muh readers", I appreciate whoever shot that video horizontally. Much easier to see than all the vertical shots.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

No doubt.  I have issues with our receivers, too and their drops the last two years. 

My comment was a general one on how the franchise, some fans and media are doing all they can to put a positive spin on everything Zach does.  (I'm still in a tizzy over his newly-hewn thighs.)  I don't give any of these scrimmages or pre-season games any importance.  No one knows if Zach will take a step forward until he faces live action defenses during the season.

So despite playing much better against our defense this year, which is substantially improved from last year doesn’t impact your opinion in the least?   Interesting.

But if you feel this scrimmage has no bearing on how he plays this year and you need to wait for the regular season to evaluate him, why are you here commenting?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even with some drops, a hair over 5 YPA plus an INT is not “shining”.  

To be fair, Connor Hughes reported 5 drops.

Even if you call it 4, 12 for 19 with 4 drops would be 16 for 19. Sounds like a good scrimmage to me. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

To be fair, Connor Hughes reported 5 drops.

Even if you call it 4, 12 for 19 with 4 drops would be 16 for 19. Sounds like a good scrimmage to me. 

Jets fans have been complaining about WR drops for decades, and it hasn’t made a lick of difference for the QBs when paired with much better weapons for other franchises.

Its high time we accept that drops happen across the league, and it’s still up to the QB to keep drives going even when there’s a drop in a series.  It’s not a crutch any QB can continue to lean on, and you can’t just credit the QB for a completion retroactively.

It’s 2022.  It’s easy to pile up yards and points in this league.  When there’s a drop that’s not on 3rd down, sack up and get the next one.  Or, sack up and get the next series. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

u expecting 300 yards and 4tds from a scrimmage? 

You mean in a practice where if you have a chance to take it to the house you cut it off? 
Counting yards per in a practice, yards in general is meaningless.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, BCJet said:

Totally agree, it was noted in his pre-draft report and seems to still be happening now so its definitely something he needs to focus on.  You dont want this to be some sort of narrative that winds up being almost a self-fulling thing where the refs start to look for it all the time.

There were referees on the field last night and at some of their practices

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans have been complaining about WR drops for decades, and it hasn’t made a lick of difference for the QBs when paired with much better weapons for other franchises.

Its high time we accept that drops happen across the league, and it’s still up to the QB to keep drives going even when there’s a drop in a series.  It’s not a crutch any QB can continue to lean on, and you can’t just credit the QB for a completion retroactively.

It’s 2022.  It’s easy to pile up yards and points in this league.  When there’s a drop that’s not on 3rd down, sack up and get the next one.  Or, sack up and get the next series. 

You clearly have your narrative set, so I don’t think there is much use in discussing this further. But FYI, the guy supposedly had 5 passes dropped in 19 throws, including on a downfield shot to Moore. That’s over a quarter of his passes. I don’t think people are crediting Wilson with completions retroactively, but I do think it sounds like he generally made good decisions and ran the offense effectively - and I think it’s ok to be happy about that. 

You talk about sacking it up and getting the next series, but didn’t he engineer two scoring drives despite roughly one quarter of his passes being dropped? I feel like you might want to take a step back here from these Wilson posts - you sound like you’re getting ready to jump that Great White, my man! 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That’s nice.  The thread title said he “shined” and that’s the part I was disputing.  He had a nice day.  That isn’t worthy of a thread title like this.  But as usual the Zach stans piled up the neg reps and strong reactions. 

It's a thread title, and a pretty benign one at that, ffs. Don't be so easily triggered at a mildly over-optimistic thread title that mentions Zach and Sauce Gardiner. It was a freakin' scrimmage, dude, lol. Let people have this one. Even God took a day off. Now calm down and go rub one out.

❤️ u

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

It's a thread title, and a pretty benign one at that, ffs. Don't be so easily triggered at a mildly over-optimistic thread title that mentions Zach and Sauce Gardiner. It was a freakin' scrimmage, dude, lol. Let people have this one. Even God took a day off. Now calm down and go rub one out.

❤️ u

No

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets had IIRC 4 drops over the mean last year. Even “giving” those to the QB, he was still the worst-rated in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets had IIRC 4 drops over the mean last year. Even “giving” those to the QB, he was still the worst-rated in the league.

Eh, the drop % over the number of passes thrown the Jets were far and away the NFL leaders.  Zach Wilson had 10% of passes "dropped"

You don't have to like Zach Wilson, that's fine - but it would be okay to concede to the reality that the WR's dropped a lot of balls and still hold on to your ZW sucks position

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Eh, the drop % over the number of passes thrown the Jets were far and away the NFL leaders.  Zach Wilson had 10% of passes "dropped"

You don't have to like Zach Wilson, that's fine - but it would be okay to concede to the reality that the WR's dropped a lot of balls and still hold on to your ZW sucks position

Sorry my friend not about emotion even granting those drops down to league mean (or do you expect zero drops from Jets players?) my statement is undeniably correct.

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sorry my friend not about emotion even granting those drops down to league mean (or do you expect zero drops from Jets players?) my statement is undeniably correct.

Your statement may be factually correct, while the data isn't here - I surely believe you.   I'm arguing that that data point doesn't paint an accurate picture of the drop problem.  Context here is important - and 10% of Zach Wilson's passes were dropped, which was highest in the league by far.  

It was a real problem last year - and continued into last nights scrimmage.  

Of course drops will happen, but when you have a young, learning and often struggling QB - WR's that can help him out is what you need - not lead the league in drop %

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Your statement may be factually correct, while the data isn't here - I surely believe you.   I'm arguing that that data point doesn't paint an accurate picture of the drop problem.  Context here is important - and 10% of Zach Wilson's passes were dropped, which was highest in the league by far.  

It was a real problem last year - and continued into last nights scrimmage.  

Of course drops will happen, but when you have a young, learning and often struggling QB - WR's that can help him out is what you need - not lead the league in drop %

If the Jets passers have zero drops this year and the QB is exactly the same player as he was last year otherwise, will it be a good season?