Week 1 - Other NFL Games

Nice come-from-behind win for the 'Ders.

Wentz nearly blew the game with 2x INT's after getting a decent lead, but ended with over 300 yards passing, and 4 passing TD's.

I'll say it again, I can't wait till some Jets QB "sucks" the same way all the QB's Jets Fans say sucks do, lol.

Their version of Wilson, Dotson, had a good day.  That unit seems to have alot of descent weapons, so might actually be a fun year for the 'Ders fans. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Warfish said:

Wentz nearly blew the game with 2x INT's after getting a decent lead, but ended with over 300 yards passing, and 4 passing TD's.

I'll say it again, I can't wait till some Jets QB "sucks" the same way all the QB's Jets Fans say sucks do, lol.

Their version of Wilson, Dotson, had a good day.  That unit seems to have alot of descent weapons, so might actually be a fun year for the 'Ders fans. 

Boy do i agree with this the way our fan base kills Qbs like cousins who are 100 times better than anything we ever trot out is funny.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Fields looked good by the end of the game.

Fields was not great.  Neither was Lance.  But they were playinig in a driving rainstorm on an awful  field.  And Fields made just enough plays to win.  The big play was a busted coverage on a scramble drill where nobody was within 20 yards of the receiver. 

Hard to draw any conclusions about Fields or Lance in this one.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I really think, at times, that as Jet fans we have lost the ability to recognize good QB play.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Fields was not great.  Neither was Lance.  But they were playinig in a driving rainstorm on an awful  field.  And Fields made just enough plays to win.  The big play was a busted coverage on a scramble drill where nobody was within 20 yards of the receiver. 

Hard to draw any conclusions about Fields or Lance in this one.

I was following play by play as I was at the Jets game. It read as if Fields was terrible in the first half but good in the second half. I’m sure rain affected both teams, but I’ll give Fields credit for the win over a 49ers team that was supposed to be a lot better than the Bears.

• Upvote 2

Just now, maury77 said:

I was following play by play as I was at the Jets game. It read as if Fields was terrible in the first half but good in the second half. I’m sure rain affected both teams, but I’ll give Fields credit for the win over a 49ers team that was supposed to be a lot better than the Bears.

So, I am guessing Covid may have been less painful than sitting through that Jet game.  I may have had he better of the deal.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

I really think, at times, that as Jet fans we have lost the ability to recognize good QB play.

It's a self-defense mechanism for some fans, I truly believe.

They have to believe that we're aiming for something great with whatever joke kid QB who're currently destroying.  So to keep that fantasy alive, the "merely mediocre" like a Kirk Cousins or a Carson Wentz or any of those in-between must "suck".  That way we can keep dreaming our draft pick will be "truly" great, and that we just wouldn't settle for acceptable or average.

It's the same mindset that will have some of our fans rooting for us to lose starting next week.  Since we're not winning a Super Bowl this year, losing out is "what's best" for us, according to them.  Another self-defense mechanism, they can pretend losing is good, and hence, not be destroyed when we lose constantly.

• Upvote 2