Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

14 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

That's where we agree to disagree.  While I understand the cameraman has the "right" to press charges, I don't think that's the next rational step in the process, and therefore feel the cameraman is showing even less "humanity" than Adams did when he shoved him.

Now Adams is the victim? 

5 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Idk man...I think I'm coming around to your thinking. I'm pissed right now because of things happening in my life currently....think I'll go out and shove a few people to the ground. Hope I find some kids and old ladies to take my frustrations out on!!! I think lightly kicking them should also be fair game....shouldn't hurt too bad, I'll wear soft sneaker. maybe even slap a couple of them....slaps are pretty harmless so no biggie right?

I just gave him a tiny shove... It wasn't illegal.  That there was a running woodchipper right behind him, well, I can't be responsible for that.  It was the heat of the moment!

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

At the risk of derailing this thread which honestly might not be a bad thing at this point, do they still make ring dings?

don’t think I have had one in over 20 years and I kind of remember them being kind of stale but with that thick chocolate covering, I really didn’t care

Between eating bags full of penny candy (literally were a penny a piece) and various Drake's and Hostess treats (Okay @#27TheDominator I admit to enjoying Hostess products, too.  lol), my teeth were rotting out of my mouth.   What an era.  I recall getting a 25 cent allowanace and running to my candy store for candy and comic books.

No idea if those Drake's or Hostess items still exist as single servings we'd buy.  

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

You're telling me reality, and I'm not arguing.  But does that mean I'm not entitled to be less than thrilled with that reality?  I'm not disputing the guy has the legal right to press charges against someone for an isolated "wrong place, wrong time" incident, it just bothers me that this is such an accepted fact (strongly proven by many posters here) and I'm shocked that so many can't relate to line of thought.

Did I lose sleep over it?  No.  But does it scare me where the world is heading next?  Let's just say I don't see things getting better any time soon . . .

What if I told you that the world is a better place if you can't shove people to the ground with impunity?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

What about Crosby?  Does he get arrested, fined, suspended too?

Side note:  I love how Raiders fans in this twitter thread are so up in arms over the Chiefs fans behavior.  Like really?  Raiders fans trying to claim the high road on, of all things, fan behavior?

Come on....

Arrested, no.  But, I bet he catches a fine for this video.

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Between eating bags full of penny candy (literally were a penny a piece) and various Drake's and Hostess treats (Okay @#27TheDominator I admit to enjoying Hostess products, too.  lol), my teeth were rotting out of my mouth.   What an era.  I recall getting a 25 cent allowanace and running to my candy store for candy and comic books.

No idea if those Drake's or Hostess items still exist as single servings we'd buy.  

Remember quarter drinks?  Liquid sugar with food coloring.  As time went on they kept shrinking the plastic bottle.  They went from like a quart to a shot glass.  I think they used to be a dime.

• Sympathy 3

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

What other NFL player got charged with assault on a camera man this week? I mean we have 6 pages over far less spicy topics.

why do you car so much though? ?

We live in a country where violent criminals are given cashless bail and then subsequently murder their wife or someone else soon after release. 

Why give a fork and argue about about Davante Adams shoving someone?

Vapid story at best. I hope you enjoy it.

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Remember quarter drinks?  Liquid sugar with food coloring.  As time went on they kept shrinking the plastic bottle.  They went from like a quart to a shot glass.  I think they used to be a dime.

Getting this in before the lock I sense is coming happens.

Don't remember those but truly wish they would bring back Borden Frosted shakes in a can.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OCCH23 said:

But does it scare me where the world is heading next?  Let's just say I don't see things getting better any time soon . . .

I too, dont want to live in a world where it is unacceptable to shove who ever I want violently to the ground for no reason.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I just gave him a tiny shove... It wasn't illegal.  That there was a running woodchipper right behind him, well, I can't be responsible for that.  It was the heat of the moment!

You know what, now that I think about it, we could really do some solid population control if by our god given right, we're allowed to shove who ever we want in front of a subway car.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Right, hate the constant infringements made to our freedoms. 

I prefer, in my eutopia, to be just walking, talking and kicking it with the family and boom! my 80 year old mother goes flying to the ground because she was in someone's way, allegedly, and then me and her assailant high five in celebration because he sent her a solid 5 feet and the last dude that did this to her only flung her like 3 feet at best.

• Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yup.  I can even remember tiny bottle shaped "drinks" in wax.  You'd drink the small amount of liquid, then chew the wax.  

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, neckdemon said:

different if 2 people get to fighting. you fight it out and it should be over at that. the guy didn't even see it coming and was holding a boom and doing a job. he shouldn't be subjected to that. **** davante adams. i hope he has to pay the guy a lot of money

The guy is doing a job but needs to be be aware of his surroundings.  He should not be crossing in front of the tunnel when players are exiting the field. 

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I prefer, in my eutopia, to be just walking, talking and kicking it with the family and boom! my 80 year old mother goes flying to the ground because she was in someone's way, allegedly, and then me and her assailant high five in celebration because he sent her a solid 5 feet and the last dude that did this to her only flung her like 3 feet at best.

It becomes even more acceptable, expected even if that person had played a game and lost.  Even more reason to get out of his way.  What’s the matter with those who don’t.  They deserve to get the snot knocked out of them.  Selfish bastards, out of the F’n way.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yup.  I can even remember tiny bottle shaped "drinks" in wax.  You'd drink the small amount of liquid, then chew the wax.  

Don’t underestimate the nutritional value of sugar flavored water imbedded in wax.   We were so lucky back in our day

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

So if you push someone at your job you'll willingly surrender to the police, amirite?

Since it's such an hostile and terrorist act, amirite?

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with next . . . 

I get what you’re saying that a shove, in the greater scheme of things is a small thing. School yard fights, yadda yadda yadda, I get it. The country is far too litigious imo. but I don’t think you’re thinking this through. 

first off, if you shove someone at your work, 99% of the time you’re getting fired and probably sued. If you don’t “surrender to the police” for this act then you’re an idiot.  Whether you apologize or not. If you’re “man” enough to shove someone at work, then you should be “man” enough to stand up for it.

Secondly, in schoolyard type stuff, opponents are expecting some kind of contact or retaliation. A random dude doing his job is NOT expecting a professional athlete—who is paid to be stronger than the average dude— to shove him. 
Thirdly, the risk to the guy is raised because his hands are occupied. He doesn’t have the time to properly brace himself while deciding in a split second to drop a heavy piece of equipment. 

The very reason this is even a thing at all is because this type of bullsh*t is not allowed in our society. Should Adams get 5 years of hard time? No. Should he have to compensate the guy for attacking him for no reason? Yeah, probably. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

One of the downsides of making 30 million a year is that if you shove a 20 year old camera guy on national TV for basically no reason and not say sorry he'll end up wanting some money.

So what's the $  threshold . If it was a HS football player making no money than what, the camera guy gets up and walks away.  

9 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

My Grandmother was shoved down and robbed at least 10 times when she lived in NYC before she died.  At 85 she actually took off her heels and chased one of her assailants down and beat the sh*t out him with the heel of one of her shoes.  She wasn't charged with assault.  

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Eskimo Pie?

You are making me hungry. Might have to stop at the store now.

Funny Bones as well. Very underrated.

Eskimo Pie , is that even allowed anymore , I'm sure they'll change that name at some point to an Innuit Frozen Treat  . This world is doomed. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Don’t underestimate the nutritional value of sugar flavored water imbedded in wax.   We were so lucky back in our day

Only to add extra nutrients to an orange wax harmonica for Halloween.  Remember those?

My wife and I were just talking about the jelly apples you'd get at the candy store.  Bright red, rock hard coating which resulted in numerous dental visits.  And the mealiest apple inside.  Still, loved those friggin' things.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

We live in a country where violent criminals are given cashless bail and then subsequently murder their wife or someone else soon after release. 

Why give a fork and argue about about Davante Adams shoving someone?

Vapid story at best. I hope you enjoy it.

All so we don't hurt people's feelings and feel the need to make everyone equal. 

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

What if I told you that the world is a better place if you can't shove people to the ground with impunity?

The world is a better place if we let things go and don't take them to a level of stupidity because we somehow feel dissed. 

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

My Grandmother was shoved down and robbed at least 10 times when she lived in NYC before she died.  At 85 she actually took off her heels and chased one of her assailants down and beat the sh*t out him with the heel of one of her shoes.  She wasn't charged with assault.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Only to add extra nutrients to an orange wax harmonica for Halloween.  Remember those?

My wife and I were just talking about the jelly apples you'd get at the candy store.  Bright red, rock hard coating which resulted in numerous dental visits.  And the mealiest apple inside.  Still, loved those friggin' things.

Those orange harmonica things were gross , they rank up there with the candy buttons that were attached to paper, which you ended up eating half of the paper as well.  

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It becomes even more acceptable, expected even if that person had played a game and lost.  Even more reason to get out of his way.  What’s the matter with those who don’t.  They deserve to get the snot knocked out of them.  Selfish bastards, out of the F’n way.

No one is saying what Adams did is right. And for me this has nothing to do with him, he screwed up plain and simple. But the camera guy shares some of the blame. What happens if the next job he works is to cover a car race and he mindlessly walks across pit row when cars are exiting and he gets run over. Does he sue the driver, the guy needs to have some friggen awareness of where he's at - that's all , when your paid to do a job , you should know how to work responsibly in your surroundings. 

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

Good times!  
Imagine an un wrapped candy apple?  No way, call the food police.  
Loved those orange harmonicas.  Remember them well

• Sympathy 1