Davante Adams pushed a cameraman down after the game.

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Adams to me has never come across as a jerk.  He made a mistake and apologized.  The guy he shoved should accept the apology and be a bigger man.

He should be fined by the league and the guy who got pushed should accept it and move on.

Good post.  Lets be real.  Adams act was indefensible but the camerman who got pushed invaded his personal space and was trying to get a money shot knowing full well Adams was frustrated.   Adams was wrong and the camerman was a complete dipsh*t.

If this happened in Jr. High school the camerman would have deserved to be hung up by his underwear in the hallway.  He didn't deserve to be pushed down he deserved a massive wedgy.  

• Thumb Down 2

16 hours ago, neckdemon said:

cameramen are there to do a job....there should be zero tolerance for violence against them. if he shoved a ref down what do you think the league would do?? anybody on that field doing a job should be worry free as far as being potentially assaulted by a professional athlete who is usually much bigger and stronger than they are 

Jumping in front of him isn't doing his job.  Two truths.  Adams was wrong to push him like that and the camerman was a douchebag.  

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

How many times have you walked down the street and someone walks right in front of you. 
Now how many times have you shoved that person to the ground? 

Any defense of Adams actions is comical. If this camera guy had shoved one of Adams family members to the ground the dude would be in jail and banned from ever attending another NFL Game. 

How many times have you just lost a game and were walking off the field and had a camerman jump in front of you?

Adams was wrong.  Your analogy is ridiculous.  The camerman was a complete douche bag.  Didn't deserve to get hurt but an absolute douche bag.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Good post.  Lets be real.  Adams act was indefensible but the camerman who got pushed invaded his personal space and was trying to get a money shot knowing full well Adams was frustrated.   Adams was wrong and the camerman was a complete dipsh*t.

If this happened in Jr. High school the camerman would have deserved to be hung up by his underwear in the hallway.  He didn't deserve to be pushed down he deserved a massive wedgy.  

let's get real.  the cameraman wasn't even set up to take a photo.  he was just walking by.

your comment on him deserving to get a wedgy is pretty stupid.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How many times have you just lost a game and were walking off the field and had a camerman jump in front of you?

Adams was wrong.  Your analogy is ridiculous.  The camerman was a complete douche bag.  Didn't deserve to get hurt but an absolute douche bag.  

did you watch the clip?

the cameraman was just walking by, please correct me if i am wrong.

i don't think i would like you in junior high.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Pressing two instead of one on a keypad is a mistake. Assaulting a cameraman because you are frustrated about being on a losing team is not a mistake. I'm tired of bullies. Bullies need to feel the pain that they cause other people. 

this seems to be frustration not "bullying".

from what i see in school from my kids, it might seem like the world has gone overboard on bullies.  My daughter was accused of being a bully because she looked at someone in class wrong.  mind you this was when everyone was wearing masks in class.   My son on the other hand thought he had a bully but it seemed to me just normal teasing and once he stood up it was all good.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

did you watch the clip?

the cameraman was just walking by, please correct me if i am wrong.

i don't think i would like you in junior high.

Seriously - no idea where the "jumped in front of him" narrative has come from.

Both were walking and a collision was imminent.  This is solved millions of times per day by both parties stopping, saying "excuse me," and then someone goes first.

I wonder that some people have so little to lose in life that they would risk getting into fights and all the potential consequences of that over absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

from what i see in school from my kids, it might seem like the world has gone overboard on bullies.  My daughter was accused of being a bully because she looked at someone in class wrong.  mind you this was when everyone was wearing masks in class.   My son on the other hand thought he had a bully but it seemed to me just normal teasing and once he stood up it was all good.

It was 100% frustration. He's not out there targeting random people to shove lol.

But still, frustrated or not, it's called manners. You stop, or just move to the side. It's not difficult. You don't stop and shove the person down. It was total dick move. 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Jumping in front of him isn't doing his job.  Two truths.  Adams was wrong to push him like that and the camerman was a douchebag.  

Lol. You say jumping in front as if the guy was waiting on the side for Adams to walk and then leaped in front of him. He was just moving across the field. He's not a douchebag at all, what a dumb statement. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ZachEY said:

Seriously - no idea where the "jumped in front of him" narrative has come from.

Both were walking and a collision was imminent.  This is solved millions of times per day by both parties stopping, saying "excuse me," and then someone goes first.

I wonder that some people have so little to lose in life that they would risk getting into fights and all the potential consequences of that over absolutely nothing.

it's very interesting to me that when you read about these stabbings on subways, smoke shops, and beatings/shootings - that often the victim escalated the argument (verbally).  now it's uncalled for and the folks need to be put away in jail - but the victim is still dead.    Maybe it's too hard for the victim to walk away but at the end of the day they are getting the short end of the stick.    And often these victims are not young kids - by your 30s you hopefully can learn to walk away (for your own sake).  

obviously the ideal solution is the crime doesn't occur.

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It was 100% frustration. He's not out there targeting random people to shove lol.

But still, frustrated or not, it's called manners. You stop, or just move to the side. It's not difficult. You don't stop and shove the person down. It was total dick move. 

Lol. You say jumping in front as if the guy was waiting on the side for Adams to walk and then leaped in front of him. He was just moving across the field. He's not a douchebag at all, what a dumb statement. 

total Dck move.   the other poster is blaming the cameraman.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

Bullies get frustrated. He was being a frustrated bully. He wasn't pushing Brock Lesnar over if he was standing there. He knew that he could push over a smaller guy who wasn't going to smash his teeth down the back of his throat. 

image.png.697bb44d19beaef6a8153cc89df2db97.png

21 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Bullies can also get frustrated. The reason why I feel that it was a bully move was because he doesn't shove a league official or a 400lb Twitch streamer who is getting $18.5 million to play a few snaps of football. He shoved a smaller dude who he knew wasn't going to do anything back to him. I don't think for a second that Adams was OUT to push someone, but he was absolutely a bully in his moment of frustration.

28 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Bullies get frustrated. He was being a frustrated bully. He wasn't pushing Brock Lesnar over if he was standing there. He knew that he could push over a smaller guy who wasn't going to smash his teeth down the back of his throat. 

People today are so quick to put labels on everything. Let's call it what it was. A heat of the moment bad decision by Adams. Do you seriously think Adams thought about hey here's this smaller dude I can knock down and "bully" - no he was frustrated and when the guy stepped/jumped/sashayed whatever in from of him he reacted poorly. 

Can we as a society collectively stop with the nonsense of labeling everyone a bully, racist, homophobic ........ at the first sign of conflict.  I get it those things exist in the world and attention needs to be brought them appropriately but labeling every single minor situation is the equivalent of crying wolf and in essence doing more harm than good. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Some of the defenses of Adam’s just frankly being an a$$hole is insanity. Like is this a joke? 

I mean that guy is 100% right. Security should clear the tunnel. And frankly, that camera man should be way more aware of his surroundings when crossing, with large equipment especially, when players are coming off the field.

I've worked in stadiums, just like this situation. If i'm crossing a tunnel where players come and go...im looking both ways like it's a high traffic street. And I step to the side if they're coming by. Both are in the wrong IMO. He should definitely be fined. Idk about suspension. And pressing charges is bit much from the camera guys standpoint. Unless he legit got hurt. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

People today are so quick to put labels on everything. Let's call it what it was. A heat of the moment bad decision by Adams. Do you seriously think Adams thought about hey here's this smaller dude I can knock down and "bully" - no he was frustrated and when the guy stepped/jumped/sashayed whatever in from of him he reacted poorly. 

Can we as a society collectively stop with the nonsense of labeling everyone a bully, racist, homophobic ........ at the first sign of conflict.  I get it those things exist in the world and attention needs to be brought them appropriately but labeling every single minor situation is the equivalent of crying wolf and in essence doing more harm than good. 

Nah. Let's call it what it was. Davante Adams was frustrated, and he took it out on someone who wouldn't punch him in the face, like a bully would do. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I mean that guy is 100% right. Security should clear the tunnel. And frankly, that camera man should be way more aware of his surroundings when crossing, with large equipment especially, when players are coming off the field.

I've worked in stadiums, just like this situation. If i'm crossing a tunnel where players come and go...im looking both ways like it's a high traffic street. And I step to the side if they're coming by. Both are in the wrong IMO. He should definitely be fined. Idk about suspension. And pressing charges is bit much from the camera guys standpoint. Unless he legit got hurt. 

Help the guy up then. He had plenty of time to realize he messed up. Instead he stops stares and keeps walking. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

he was frustrated no doubt.  but a bully?  doubtful.  he apologized right away and it definitely wasn't a PR apology.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

A line of guys in front of Adams were walking straight on a runway into the stadium.  The guy holding a rack with a camera crosses right in front of him without looking.  Head down leading with a metal rack.  Watch the full tape.  The guy cut him off with no spacial awareness.   He did jump out because any normal human being would expect him to look and wait. 

When you cross in front of a tunnel with people walking in you look especially if your holding a camera on a rack which could hurt someone.  You don't keep walking with your head down in a crowd like that.   If it was a highway he would be dead.  He is not without fault.  Adams should have put his hands out and not pushed him. 

It doesn't mean Adams is without fault.  Making this into a criminal case and trying to monetize his personal lack of spacial awareness is total douchebaggery. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

A line of guys in front of Adams were walking straight on a runway into the stadium.  The guy holding a rack with a camera crosses right in front of him without looking.  Head down leading with a metal rack.  Watch the full tape.  The guy cut him off with no spacial awareness.   He did jump out because any normal human being would expect him to look and wait. 

When you cross in front of a tunnel with people walking in you look especially if your holding a camera on a rack which could hurt someone.  You don't keep walking with your head down in a crowd like that.   If it was a highway he would be dead.  He is not without fault.  Adams should have put his hands out and not pushed him. 

It doesn't mean Adams is without fault.  Making this into a criminal case and trying to monetize his personal lack of spacial awareness is total douchebaggery. 

Never said he wasn't at fault too. Should be looking where you're going. It's chaotic down there after a game. 

But I have never seen a player shove someone because they got in the way. It happens literally all the time. Grow up. 

Does he deserve the misdemeanor assault charge? Meh, idk if I would have gone that far. But hey, he has every right to do so. 

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

he was frustrated no doubt.  but a bully?  doubtful.  he apologized right away and it definitely wasn't a PR apology.   

Yes. A bully. He doesn't push a league official or someone who would have kicked his teeth in. You know, like a bully. 

"I want to apologize to the guy, there was some guy running off the field, and he ran, like jumped in front of me coming off the field and I bumped into him, kind of pushed him, and he ended up on the ground," Adams said at his locker. "So I wanted to say sorry to him for that because that was just frustration mixed with him literally just running in from of me. I shouldn't have responded that way, but that's how I initially responded. So, I want to apologize to him for that."

He didn't even remember that he blatantly pushed him down. There was no "kind of pushed" here. The guy didn't jump in front of him, and he certainly didn't bump into him.

He made sure to blame the guy while apologizing which negates the apology. A real apology is "I let my emotions get the better of me. I took out my frustrations on a cameraman, and that should have never happened."

Davante Adams apologizes the way my family apologizes. "I'm sorry that I slashed your tires. You made me so angry."

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Shoving someone to the ground because they had a momentary lack of awareness is unacceptable, and I FULLY support criminal action taken upon Adams. We have laws for a reason. We do not have a civilized society if we shove people to the ground because they walked in front of you. Laws don't cease to exist in a football stadium. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Never said he wasn't at fault too. Should be looking where you're going. It's chaotic down there after a game. 

But I have never seen a player shove someone because they got in the way. It happens literally all the time. Grow up. 

Does he deserve the misdemeanor assault charge? Meh, idk if I would have gone that far. But hey, he has every right to do so. 

And that's what's wrong with society.

I believe the league needs to suspend/fine Adams as a precedent against future altercations, but to potentially have a criminal record because you pushed someone during a moment of frustration?  And to have people say that's "perfectly within the victim's rights"?

And the scariest part is it will only get worse from here . . .