Bears Commanders TNF

Rhg1084

Ill be the first to admit I wanted the Jets to draft Fields over Wilson. I really thought that he threw the ball well enough to let his running carry hi early in his career until he developed more as a passer. So far, its been a disaster. I think the entire offense and playcalling does not help him at all, but he has been quite bad himself as well

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

Feel bad for Fields to be honest, and yes, I wanted him and still dont think I would do anything different if Im being honest.  The Bears have failed him so miserably, I dont think I've ever seen a worse example of how organization fail QB's more than QB's fail.  JMHO.  Dude has to do everything and be absolutely perfect and it still isnt enough, impossible to judge.  The silliness that he doesnt belong is just stupid reactionary nonsense.  I read this about Geno.  I remember that moron Sar saying that Geno would be sent to Canada and never play in the NFL again after the Jets, he wasnt alone, yeah, how bout that?  Situations matter, big time.  

Really though what I wanted to point out was, this was yet another game in the NFL, decided in the 4th quarter and came down to the last possession.  The NFL is a 4th quarter league and the Jets are really really good in the 4th quarter.  You know who isnt?  The Packers. 

Jets failed darnold big time.  But when you draft someone like fields you need to build the o around him like the ravens understood with lamar.  Then you have a gm who drafts 2 cbs in the first 2 rounds like mccagnan.  You can make a case that every year your first pick should be on offense the way the league is.  

• Upvote 2

never paid too much attention to fields but did watch last night. I will give him the fact that he is pretty tough and takes a beating back there.

What I noticed and i am far from an expert or QB guru in he does not seem to see the field as the play develops. That is most likely because he knows he is going to get pounded and is simply trying to make his first read, but he does not seem to look off his primary.

He did miss several open receivers and I am not even talking about an overthrow or bad pass. He had at least 2 or 3 opportunities including 3rd and goal at the end of the game where Montgomery is open to his left in the end zone but he never even looked that way.

He is young and hopefully with proper coaching and talent, he puts it together.

8 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Feel bad for Fields to be honest, and yes, I wanted him and still dont think I would do anything different if Im being honest.  The Bears have failed him so miserably, I dont think I've ever seen a worse example of how organization fail QB's more than QB's fail.  JMHO.  Dude has to do everything and be absolutely perfect and it still isnt enough, impossible to judge.  The silliness that he doesnt belong is just stupid reactionary nonsense.  I read this about Geno.  I remember that moron Sar saying that Geno would be sent to Canada and never play in the NFL again after the Jets, he wasnt alone, yeah, how bout that?  Situations matter, big time.  

Really though what I wanted to point out was, this was yet another game in the NFL, decided in the 4th quarter and came down to the last possession.  The NFL is a 4th quarter league and the Jets are really really good in the 4th quarter.  You know who isnt?  The Packers. 

i dont know how you can watch the game yesterday and not think that he isnt an nfl passer. unless your point is that he is already broken and his play by play isnt indicative of his overall talent? that pass where he overthrew griffin...you could have made.

36 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Ill be the first to admit I wanted the Jets to draft Fields over Wilson. I really thought that he threw the ball well enough to let his running carry hi early in his career until he developed more as a passer. So far, its been a disaster. I think the entire offense and playcalling does not help him at all, but he has been quite bad himself as well

I also wanted Fields over Wilson. I felt he was physically more gifted and played at a bigger program against stronger competition . I don't think we've seen the best of him yet , but like Wilson last year he's not getting helped at all by the team around him.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

Lol, I love how these are the reasons that your boy Fields isn’t playing well. But last year, Zach’s surrounding cast when he came back from injury -and played efficiently- was just an excuse. Zach would’ve loved Mooney and Kmet late last year. 

1. They both suck but the difference is that Fields’ teammates aren’t transparently struggling with major depression because of it.

2. Zach Wilson wasn’t “efficient” at the end of the season.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Fitzpatrick is just so wrong there. Not only is that a comment that should be directed to the Bears coaching staff, the only thing Fields has in common with Cam Newton is that they are both black, that's it.

-

For one thing, Fields is small compared to Newton, he's not going to run people over ever, and 2 Fields' throwing motion today is far more polished than Newton ever was.

Fields has athleticism like Zach Wilson does and like Mark Sanchez did, but he's not an athlete playing QB like Cam Newton was or Kyler Murray is.

Fields is accurate in the short to intermediate game and can heat up when he gets in a rhythm, but struggles under pressure or making long reads. Yeah, he can take off on 3rd down if need be. He is more like Dak Prescott or David Carr. 

57 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Fields and the O coordinator need to have a sit down.

Run an offense more like what the Hawks ran for Russell Wilson his 1st 2 years.   Lots of RPO, move the pocket, run the ball.

?.

You see the skill set he showed in college. I wouldn't bet on him being a FQB. But in a Seattle Wilson type of offense, he’ll have a shot.  Run RPOs, heavy run focus and take some deep shots. Those are things he did really well in college and has shown he can do well in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You just can't have a growing QB in that kind of situation. There's no way out. They barely throw the ball. The OL is horrid. No weapons. Coach is trash.

He needs to sit and then come back on more structured team to have any chance of surviving and having a career. 

The David Carr excuse train being rolled out for Justin Fields already?

Fields is trash. One read guy throwing to NFL WRs at Ohio state who consistently had their defenders beat by 5-10 Ft separation.  For a “running qb” he isn’t even particularly good at even that.  He’s not particularly quick or elusive and his game speed is not as good as his 40.

He’s the only qb Chris Simms was right about last year and really he wasn’t even right about Fields.  He had fields rated ahead of Davis Mills who is better and Trey Lance probably will also end up being way better.  Bust.

4 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Fitzpatrick is just so wrong there. Not only is that a comment that should be directed to the Bears coaching staff, the only thing Fields has in common with Cam Newton is that they are both black, that's it.

-

For one thing, Fields is small compared to Newton, he's not going to run people over ever, and 2 Fields' throwing motion today is far more polished than Newton ever was.

Fields has athleticism like Zach Wilson does and like Mark Sanchez did, but he's not an athlete playing QB like Cam Newton was or Kyler Murray is.

Fields is accurate in the short to intermediate game and can heat up when he gets in a rhythm, but struggles under pressure or making long reads. Yeah, he can take off on 3rd down if need be. He is more like Dak Prescott or David Carr. 

What? Im always talking up Zach’s athleticism. He is very twitchy. But Fields athleticism is on a different level than Zach. And Darnold is not near the athlete Zach is.

Feel like I see a completely different QB than you. Fields has good deep ball accuracy.

Just now, GreenFish said:

What? Im always talking up Zach’s athleticism. He is very twitchy. But Fields athleticism is on a different level than Zach. And Darnold is not near the athlete Zach is.

Feel like I see a completely different QB than you. Fields has good deep ball accuracy.

I didn't mention Darnold once. Maybe you are confused

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I also wanted Fields over Wilson. I felt he was physically more gifted and played at a bigger program against stronger competition . I don't think we've seen the best of him yet , but like Wilson last year he's not getting helped at all by the team around him.  

Im old enough to remember when it took years for a QB to develop, and this is when they were coming from college systems that were a hell of a lot closer to the NFL than todays college systems are to the NFL. So in no way am I giving up on Fields. But the reality is by the end of year 2 teams have to start thinking about year 3 and if their highly drafted QB is the guy they want to hand the keys to in year 3. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Im old enough to remember when it took years for a QB to develop, and this is when they were coming from college systems that were a hell of a lot closer to the NFL than todays college systems are to the NFL. So in no way am I giving up on Fields. But the reality is by the end of year 2 teams have to start thinking about year 3 and if their highly drafted QB is the guy they want to hand the keys to in year 3. 

So how long until we get to tell the truth about fields?  He’s not accurate.  He can’t make reads.  Like I said earlier even his rushing ability is way overrated.  When do we get to criticize fields? 2049?

9 minutes ago, Dwight Englewood said:

So how long until we get to tell the truth about fields?  He’s not accurate.  He can’t make reads.  Like I said earlier even his rushing ability is way overrated.  When do we get to criticize fields? 2049?

you can criticize him whenever you want, I said hes been bad.  Have at it, knock yourself out bud