This is the most excited I have been in many years

I am excited thar we finally have a winning record in October but we have been very inconsistent and the qb play while better than last year just isn't good enough to sustain the winning. Yes, yes 3-0 but man this qb just isn't living up to the hype no matter how much people try to point out the glimpses.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Yup.  This is not spend big in free agency, get 10 wins, then crumble and suck and be in cap hell for year.

This is long term, sustainable success.  This is ravens, steelers, patriots type stuff.

The important thing us Joe D can never get impatient and trade those draft picks.  Keep building this through the draft.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

24 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m really optimistic but will not be all in until we get better quarterback play. 

Fine for us fans to be cautiously optimistic, but the team has to move ahead assuming he can get it done. Both for the players sake, and Wilson's development. We're good enough right now to not rely on QB entirely, which is a nice change. 

Next 2 weeks will tell us a lot. If we're as good as we think we are -- that's a 6-2 we're staring down. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Fine for us fans to be cautiously optimistic, but the team has to move ahead assuming he can get it done. Both for the players sake, and Wilson's development. We're good enough right now to not rely on QB entirely, which is a nice change. 

Next 2 weeks will tell us a lot. If we're as good as we think we are -- that's a 6-2 we're staring down. 

So cool that this is even a possibility. They have to get another road win in Denver.

The stadium will be amazing if the Jets are 5 and 2 with the Patriots coming in.  Beating the Pats at home will be awesome to watch.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I’m really optimistic but will not be all in until we get better quarterback play. 

I think Zach will be fine he just has to mature and mellow out. They want him to play within the system, yet also make off schedule plays. I'd say that's a stutter step and it's making him think too much. You know what I'm saying? Are you Brett Favre or are you Tom Brady?

I think he's a really intelligent kid with good character as you can tell by his interviews, but he's just still swimming, trying to find his way.

Obviously he has the physical tools and unfortunately the O-line is injured severely. But here's a little tidbit I've noticed. In the last few weeks whenever he gets hit or goes down the guys are immediately running to his aid and helping him up which is a sign of respect, and belief in his leadership.

Once he settles down we'll be fine.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I know BUF is on the horizon - but a home win vs NE to hit 6-2 (or even 5-3) would be enough for me to call it a success. Top to bottom. 

Yeah I am so optimistic but damn Buffalo is so good.  6 and 2 going into that game and all bets are off in my mind.

Maybe Sauce is the new Revis and the Jets take away Diggs.  :) Nice to dream.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I am excited thar we finally have a winning record in October but we have been very inconsistent and the qb play while better than last year just isn't good enough to sustain the winning. Yes, yes 3-0 but emoji38.png man this qb just isn't living up to the hype no matter how much people try to point out the glimpses.

He doesn’t have to chuck it all over the field like the end of the Pitt game when the running game, D, and special teams play the way they are playing. You just don’t have to take the risks at throwing that much when that is occurring.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  This is not spend big in free agency, get 10 wins, then crumble and suck and be in cap hell for year.

This is long term, sustainable success.  This is ravens, steelers, patriots type stuff.

The important thing us Joe D can never get impatient and trade those draft picks.  Keep building this through the draft.

So...no free agents either? Kind of unrealistic, don't you think?

8 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

He doesn’t have to chuck it all over the field like the end of the Pitt game when the running game, D, and special teams play the way they are playing. You just don’t have to take the risks at throwing that much when that is occurring.

i think your missing the point. its ok that he didnt have to throw it, its then when he does his throws are bad. i am sure someone will post all his throws video, take a good look at it. 

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

i think your missing the point. its ok that he didnt have to throw it, its then when he does his throws are bad. i am sure someone will post all his throws video, take a good look at it. 

It was a concerning game. Maybe his head wasn't in it. He threw quite a few passes very behind his receivers. Reminiscent of year one. To me, he looked much better last week. Stepping up in the pocket and firing on target throws. Guess at this point we chalk it all up to learning experience and hope he puts it all together. Dudes got skills, thats for. Thankfully hes got a team around him that can pick up the slack.

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

This team is playing winning football AND it is a young team with a bright future.  When we went 10-6 back in 2015 it was a win now one year type deal.  This is a team that has the potential to do this for many years.  

Joe Douglas has made some smart moves and the team is finally start to gel.  Zach Wilson hasn’t even played that great but the rest of the team has played outstanding. 

Actually most teams have about a 3 year window from this point to get to a championship. We most likely will not have any high picks next season and still have some holes. We still need better LB's and OL. Outside of the first round, JD has been very up and down in the draft. That has to change. 

6 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I am excited thar we finally have a winning record in October but we have been very inconsistent and the qb play while better than last year just isn't good enough to sustain the winning. Yes, yes 3-0 but emoji38.png man this qb just isn't living up to the hype no matter how much people try to point out the glimpses.

Yeaterday's game was one of the best gun to gun performances by a Jets team in years.  The Jets were not inconsistent.   That was complimentary football in all 3 phases of the game.  27-10 in this NFL is an outright blowout.  

The Jets physically beat up the Packers on both sides of the ball and ran away from them in the second half. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2022 at 4:38 AM, Biggs said:

Yeaterday's game was one of the best gun to gun performances by a Jets team in years.  The Jets were not inconsistent.   That was complimentary football in all 3 phases of the game.  27-10 in this NFL is an outright blowout.  

The Jets physically beat up the Packers on both sides of the ball and ran away from them in the second half. 

The fact that you can only reference one game as opposed to all 3 he has played proves my point about his inconsistency.

4 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

The fact that you can only reference one game as opposed to all 3 he has played proves my point about his inconsistency.

I don't have an issue with inconsistency it was the rest of your rhetoric which was pure nonsense that was the issue.   FYI nothing I say is a fact, it's my opinion.  People who use "the fact" on this board are starting out with a BS opinion.  

Just trying to help a fellow Jets fan.

On 10/17/2022 at 1:38 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Don't buy it.  If we draft really well like this year every one of our 3 great rookies and maybe a fourth will be looking to get paid and that's a year after Zach will get paid if he keeps on progressing.  

We have collected a lot of draft capital over the last two years.  If they all pan out to the point we have a championship team it will crumble quickly.  

The window is the next 2 years before we have to start paying Zach and the following year when we have to pay Wilson, Hall and Sauce. 

It's all good if we actually did hit.  Seattle had a nice 2 SB run before they had to pay everyone.

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

I don't have an issue with inconsistency it was the rest of your rhetoric which was pure nonsense that was the issue.   FYI nothing I say is a fact, it's my opinion.  People who use "the fact" on this board are starting out with a BS opinion.  

Just trying to help a fellow Jets fan.

Nothing I said was rhetoric, I spoke the facts. You referenced ONE game performance, I spoke about his play since he returned. There is no disputing those FACTS.

You and those like you can speak fondly of things you not yet in reality all you like. I speak about things that are currently happening. 

So I'll try again

I am excited that we finally have a winning record in October- FACT

we have been very inconsistent- FACT

the qb play while better than last year just isn't good enough to sustain the winning.- FACT

Yes, yes 3-0 but  man this qb just isn't living up to the hype no matter how much people try to point out the glimpses.- FACT

Where is the rhetoric? You need to help yourself to the truth. 

7 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Nothing I said was rhetoric, I spoke the facts. You referenced ONE game performance, I spoke about his play since he returned. There is no disputing those FACTS.

You and those like you can speak fondly of things you not yet in reality all you like. I speak about things that are currently happening. 

So I'll try again

I am excited that we finally have a winning record in October- FACT

we have been very inconsistent- FACT

the qb play while better than last year just isn't good enough to sustain the winning.- FACT

Yes, yes 3-0 but  man this qb just isn't living up to the hype no matter how much people try to point out the glimpses.- FACT

Where is the rhetoric? You need to help yourself to the truth. 

Facts. Carolina and Denver are very consistent NFL teams.   

• Haha 1

And what happens when Quinnen Williams is ready for a new contract, do we give it to him or do we replace him through the draft? Because you do know, we don't actually OWN these human beings once we draft them, right?

Actually most teams have about a 3 year window from this point to get to a championship. We most likely will not have any high picks next season and still have some holes. We still need better LB's and OL. Outside of the first round, JD has been very up and down in the draft. That has to change. 

michael carter/ michael carter2/breece hall/michael clemons/elijah moore - all after first round js

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Sympathy 1

I think Zach will be fine he just has to mature and mellow out. They want him to play within the system, yet also make off schedule plays. I'd say that's a stutter step and it's making him think too much. You know what I'm saying? Are you Brett Favre or are you Tom Brady?
I think he's a really intelligent kid with good character as you can tell by his interviews, but he's just still swimming, trying to find his way.
Obviously he has the physical tools and unfortunately the O-line is injured severely. But here's a little tidbit I've noticed. In the last few weeks whenever he gets hit or goes down the guys are immediately running to his aid and helping him up which is a sign of respect, and belief in his leadership.
Once he settles down we'll be fine.

I agree.. two weeks ago Zach had tremendous success from the pocket ... Scripting sloppy rollouts and throwing wide receiver screens on 3rd and long is not a good recipe for success.

Fortify the Line to provide a clean pocket and the pro bowl QB will emerge.

Not rocket science.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

And what happens when Quinnen Williams is ready for a new contract, do we give it to him or do we replace him through the draft? Because you do know, we don't actually OWN these human beings once we draft them, right?
Depends on the $$$

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

See Seattle.  They had 2 great draft classes in a row.  Got to two SB when they were all on first contrats and then had to pay everyone at once.   They rode Wilson to several playoffs but never really got back to the dance.

We can pay Williams.  The problem will arise if we have to pay Zach and AVT followed by Sauce, Hall and Wilson.   JD will have to duplicate the same kind of drafts with less draft capital and different draft position in the early rounds. 

This is exactly the approach I've always wanted the Jets to take.  No shortcuts.  Draft well and invest in the future.

49 minutes ago, ncjetman said:

michael carter/ michael carter2/breece hall/michael clemons/elijah moore - all after first round js

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Michael Carter RB and Moore I would say are they only true hits. Hall was a very early pick in round 2. We aren't  going to pick there unless we trade out of the first round, Clemons has played OK. I think most of us were expecting more than being a ST contributor granted he is doing well there. DB Carter is ok but he is nothing special IMO. When he had to guard players like Diggs last season, he was toast. 

**** NEWSFLASH ***

After the first six games of the season we are NOT in the conversation, looking at strength of remaining schedule to see which team has dibs on drafting the top QB in the draft next year.  We are NOT in that conversation at all and we are very unlikely to be in it for many years.  That is a highly unexpected bonus this year.

When do we start to look at wild card scenarios?

The kids are alright.  Looks like JD may have had a draft for the ages last year.

not sure i take it that far but its the most promising true rebuild since walt michael era.