Update: Zach Wilson Sucks.

No interceptions for 3 straight games!

No passing touchdowns for 3 straight games!

Can someone please mention the 2 passes where the “pass catcher” made incredible plays and runs after the catch but fell short of the end zone.  It certainly proves the QBs ability to throw touchdowns and I’ve certainly forgotten about those two passes.

Can someone also please mention the 4Q in Pittsburgh? That also certainly proves that Zach will be fine.

I agree that patience is needed (and being tested), and he is not yet a bust.  However, Zach’s production, or lack thereof is reasonable discussion.  So far his production has sucked.

Can someone also mention that he hasn’t had to do too much because we can consistently go three and out but our running game will eventually break a few big runs, and our D is playing well.

Physical talent alone is not a strong predictive factor, and that is the best thing Zach has going for himself at the moment.

24 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

He went on the road in one of the toughest stadiums to play in, lost his two top weapons and his best OL in the first half against one of the best defenses in the league. Didn’t turn the ball over and played situational football when it mattered most. Wilson did not look good at all but ugly games are a thing and he didn’t give the game away. Hard to be mad about 5-2 after the last 12 years right now.

And was running for his life all the time (usually successfully).

Broncos D allows 16.5 ppg.

Jets score 16 with ZW dealing with all of the above.

Serious question: What other Jets QB wins this game?

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

He played poorly but he had no protection 

the fact he didn’t turn it over was probably the difference. 

This is the difference between the legion of bad QBs this team has had in the past, they all turned it over and we would always lose these games

There’s no redeeming qualities there to work with. No flashes, nothing. The stats don’t do justice to how bad he was today. 
From the reactions to OP there’s still a fair bit of delusion but I think the fanbase will be done with him in a few weeks. Look at the schedule, 5 top pass defences in the next 6.
The kid makes even the most basic plays look challenging. They’ll eat him alive. 

Who’s they?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, Coffee Is Great said:

In four games this season he's thrown one TD pass and is throwing for 173 yards per game. We are winning in spite of him.

I have no idea who that QB was in the 4th quarter in Pittsburgh but Zach still looks lost and afraid on nearly every dropback. 

Yeah, we’ve been tearing teams a new assh0le in the running game during that span.

If Hall didn’t get hurt today, he probably cracks 150+ on the ground against one of the staunchest defenses in the league.

It’s like some people want the Jets to start slinging the ball all over the place just to justify Wilson’s draft position.

Even if it’s at the detriment of the team as a whole.

Breece is likely done for the year and Zach will naturally have to shoulder more of the burden. If he shows no real signs of progress moving forward, then sure, the increased criticism will be well warranted and the Jets should at the very least bring in legit competition for next season.

But this team as it stands is one game behind Buffalo for the #1 seed in the AFC after consistently sucking dirty taint for the last 12 years.

Can we have a moratorium on players sucking after this game...we most likely have our star RB out for the year, yet you guys just can't wait to smash Wilson or someone else that doesn't fit your agenda.  Bet you guys would bitch if we won the SB by a point.  Unreal.  We're 5-2!!!

Literally the only time he threw it downfield it was to Braxton Berrios is double coverage and went straight through the hands of a defender.

At a time where all he had to do to win was not do that. And we’re all just gonna pretend that didn’t happen lol. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Stanley Blinka said:

And was running for his life all the time (usually successfully).

Broncos D allows 16.5 ppg.

Jets score 16 with ZW dealing with all of the above.

Serious question: What other Jets QB wins this game?

So what parts of Zach's play today were you most pleased with?

• Upvote 3

He didn’t play well today.  I’m not going to deny that.  I had a little moment with @Jet Nut over text, so he can attest to my displeasure and feeling that this level of QB play is below expectations.  That being said, some of you need to take the advice given to me (from some of you) at the beginning of the year and enjoy winning.  When Flacco came in, I howled and whined to anyone in my perimeter about “meaningless wins”.  I was told by many here complaining in this very thread that there are no such things and this team has been bad for so long that we should be grateful for any type of wins.  Just be happy for now and hope for the best.

I think the coaches are losing patience with him. The team is 5-2 and has a chance to make the playoffs. 

Zach is not a credible QB right now. You could literally poach a practice squad player from any roster and get better QB play. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

So what parts of Zach's play today were you most pleased with?

You realize its not just pleased with Zachs play today or he is the worst QB to ever live right? There is some in between? Was he good? Of course not, did you honestly not see what he was up against? What QB's thrive and look good in that situation? Asking for a friend