Crazy idea

6 minutes ago, Icer said:

I had more faith in Darnold than Zach at this point in their careers. And I'm pretty sure Darnold had like 7 INTs in 2 games right after post mono/cowboys

Maybe you have less faith in Zach because of Darnold, because it's looking more and more like they're on the same career path

45 minutes ago, genot said:

If Darnold was the QB Sunday. We win. Does that mean Darnold is good. No. He's better than Wilson. At least when he leaves the pocket early, he looks downfield, or runs, if he sees room to run. 

Darnold’s career against Belichick:  0 TDs, 9 INTs.

No, Darnold would not have won this game.  

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Those stats include his play in Carolina vs Belichick.  

Darnold sucks hard against Belichick.  Even worse than Wilson.  At least Wilson has the 2 TDs….

You wouldn't agree that Wilson had more talent around him. And a defense that got the ball back to the offense with turnovers and 3 and outs. Not so with Darnold.

9 minutes ago, genot said:

You wouldn't agree that Wilson had more talent around him. And a defense that got the ball back to the offense with turnovers and 3 and outs. Not so with Darnold.

How was his talent in Carolina?  He even had McCaffrey available against Belichick.  Didn’t matter.  24-6 final.  0 TDs, 3 INTs.

Belichick owns Darnold regardless of the circumstances, just like he owns Wilson.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How was his talent in Carolina?  He even had McCaffrey available against Belichick.  Didn’t matter.  24-6 final.  0 TDs, 3 INTs.

Belichick owns Darnold regardless of the circumstances, just like he owns Wilson.  

Yea. I guess my point was, that Darnold at least has the right approach under pressure.  Results aren't good. Compared to Wilson, he gives you a better chance at positive yards, compared to Wilson. A QB,who does everything wrong.

17 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. I guess my point was, that Darnold at least has the right approach under pressure.  Results aren't good. Compared to Wilson, he gives you a better chance at positive yards, compared to Wilson. A QB,who does everything wrong.

There are certain games Darnold would win that Wilson couldn’t I suppose, and vice versa. 

But in games against NE….suffice it to say I’d probably rather have Josh Rosen under center than either Darnold OR Wilson, lol.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There are certain games Darnold would win that Wilson couldn’t I suppose, and vice versa. 

But in games against NE….suffice it to say I’d probably rather have Josh Rosen under center than either Darnold OR Wilson, lol.  

Hey. Belichick has our number. Probably puts in overtime to gameplan for us. Who would you start after the bye. It wouldn't be Wilson, if it was up to me. I don't even like his non interaction with teammates on the sideline. Like a lone wolf.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, genot said:

Hey. Belichick has our number. Probably puts in overtime to gameplan for us. Who would you start after the bye. It wouldn't be Wilson, if it was up to me. I don't even like his non interaction with teammates on the sideline. Like a lone wolf.

the bellichicken knows how to exploit young teams.  the book on wilson is to bring pressure and flush him from the pocket.  then he makes bad throwing decisions and bad passes.  this has been the way it's been since he started.  it certainly doesn't help that the oline isn't holding their blocks or can't stop the good pass rushers but that's where wilson needs to have plays where he gets the ball out quickly.  the jets have them just like all teams.  maybe wilson is trying too hard to read the defense instead of just taking the first read and relying on the receiver to be where the play is supposed to go.  obviously the patsies have a lot to do with the bad play because they basically mug the receivers at the line and throw them off their routes.

it could be that la fleur thought the patsies were going to try and take away the run and allow the passing game to work since the patsies got chewed up by the bears.  okay fine but then they started to rely on the passing game in the second half instead of trying to run the ball.  so breece hall and avt aren't there.  the rest of the oline can run block.  the running would've protected the ball and maybe wilson doesn't throw so many ints.  and then there are screen passes, reverses,  and more use of the te on short routes.  move the chains. the patsies only got fgs off the ints.  the defense mainly kept the game within reach.

58 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the bellichicken knows how to exploit young teams.  the book on wilson is to bring pressure and flush him from the pocket.  then he makes bad throwing decisions and bad passes.  this has been the way it's been since he started.  it certainly doesn't help that the oline isn't holding their blocks or can't stop the good pass rushers but that's where wilson needs to have plays where he gets the ball out quickly.  the jets have them just like all teams.  maybe wilson is trying too hard to read the defense instead of just taking the first read and relying on the receiver to be where the play is supposed to go.  obviously the patsies have a lot to do with the bad play because they basically mug the receivers at the line and throw them off their routes.

it could be that la fleur thought the patsies were going to try and take away the run and allow the passing game to work since the patsies got chewed up by the bears.  okay fine but then they started to rely on the passing game in the second half instead of trying to run the ball.  so breece hall and avt aren't there.  the rest of the oline can run block.  the running would've protected the ball and maybe wilson doesn't throw so many ints.  and then there are screen passes, reverses,  and more use of the te on short routes.  move the chains. the patsies only got fgs off the ints.  the defense mainly kept the game within reach.

I've never seen a QB run backwards, not paying attention to the field of play the way Wilson does. It's really weird. Like he's playing a mini game with the guy chasing him.

5 hours ago, genot said:

I've never seen a QB run backwards, not paying attention to the field of play the way Wilson does. It's really weird. Like he's playing a mini game with the guy chasing him.

yep.  it's pretty interesting that it hasn't cost them a lot of yards , yet.  it shows that wilson is pretty darn fast and maybe they need to run pass option him.

• Upvote 1