Snyder selling the Commanders

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Hey, I'm sure the next bored billionaire to buy the team won't be a classless sh*theel.

Literally everyone here thinks/wants/dreams about it being Jeff Bezos.

More money than God could lead to a pretty killer DC-based Stadium, at least.

And perhaps a better management system, both purely operationally, and of course, no abusing and/or discriminating against half the employees.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And perhaps a better management system, both purely operationally, and of course, no abusing and/or discriminating against half the employees.

And football players already pee themselves on the field, so they'd adjust pretty well to working for Jeff Bezos.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Would never build in DC. Going to be the first place Moscow nukes (if there is a god) (and no offense, hope you're away on vacation that day).

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Would never build in DC. Going to be the first place Moscow nukes (if there is a god) (and no offense, hope you're away on vacation that day).

I'll miss our friendship after I'm vaporized.

On the bright side, I won't be playing "Fallout 5, the Home Game", like some folks, lol

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You should probably visit an Amazon warehouse. lmao

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

You should probably visit an Amazon warehouse. lmao

Why?  Are they poorly and/or ineffectually run, from an operations standpoint?

I'm not going to debate how Amazon treats it's employees, that's a topic for another time, place and forum, as it inherently devolves into economic policy, and that then devolves into politics.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Fanbase is disenfranchised. Stadium sucks. Rebrand was a fail, no one is calling them the commanders outside of the media.  Team sucks. Prime locale for an expansion team and start over. Leave the Redskins in the past and start fresh.

I was against changing the name in the first place ….but I thought the “ Washington Football Team “ thing was semi cool, like an old school thing that could have stuck ….should have stuck with that ….commanders ? Lol 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

Why?  Are they poorly and/or ineffectually run, from an operations standpoint?

I'm not going to debate how Amazon treats it's employees, that's a topic for another time, place and forum, as it inherently devolves into economic policy, and that then devolves into politics.

Yeah not interested in that kind of a debate but I don't think I would champion any billionaire as a champion of the people....but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah not interested in that kind of a debate but I don't think I would champion any billionaire as a champion of the people....but that's just me.

Not going to disagree per se, but pretty much only billionaires own NFL teams.  So we don't really get much choice.

If we're stuck with one of them, I would just want one who might make for a good, effective owner.  Same as I would say for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jolot said:

I was against changing the name in the first place ….but I thought the “ Washington Football Team “ thing was semi cool, like an old school thing that could have stuck ….should have stuck with that ….commanders ? Lol 

Rudderless franchise that turned its back on the fanbase. No one supports the new name.

• Upvote 1