Zach missing a WIDE OPEN Mims

Rhg1084

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This was all game long.

People are like “but Mike LaFkeur”, but the receivers were there, open and ready… the plays were not made. 

Listen, we’ve seen this system produce most of our adult lives. It’s not a “but the play calls” problem when the QB isn’t recognizing opportunity, making throws, and/or making awful throws.

This game was all about execution.

Free Denzel! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Integrity28 said:

This was all game long.

People are like “but Mike LaFkeur”, but the receivers were there, open and ready… the plays were not made. 

Listen, we’ve seen this system produce most of our adult lives. It’s not a “but the play calls” problem when the QB isn’t recognizing opportunity, making throws, and/or making awful throws.

Agreed.  While MLF didn't call the best game, the plays were there and receivers were open.  I believe the speed of the game is too fast for him which is why he doesn't make quick decisions and holds the ball too long.  

I'm not sure this is correctable and we don't have the time for him to correct this when we are in the playoff hunt.

Mike White isn't the answer but has at least shown in his limited playing time that he will get the ball out fast and can throw an accurate short ball.  This is what we need at this very moment to win games.    

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Agreed.  While MLF didn't call the best game, the plays were there and receivers were open.  I believe the speed of the game is too fast for him which is why he doesn't make quick decisions and holds the ball too long.  
I'm not sure this is correctable and we don't have the time for him to correct this when we are in the playoff hunt.
Mike White isn't the answer but has at least shown in his limited playing time that he will get the ball out fast and can throw an accurate short ball.  This is what we need at this very moment to win games.    
I think I just threw up in my mouth after seeing that... seeing that play makes me think we need to see more before killing Lafleur... how many more plays did we not see on the regular broadcast?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

He was WIDE OPEN.  You have to throw that ball no matter what the CS tells you.  
Can't argue against that ... I just can't explain it other than QB castration by the staff. Something is ******* with Zachs head. Or he is literally the worst QB in the history of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This was all game long.

The execution wasn’t there. It was evident from 3 quarter in to the naked eye. Coaches had to see it before. Good coaches adjust. MLF had a bad day in that aspect. Let’s say his game plan would’ve worked with decent QB play (I believe it would’ve), he had to see early on that it just wasn’t gonna work with ZW. He also had to know he was stuck with ZW. He should’ve tried to attack it differently just to try something else 

Not passing the blame. Zach was terrible. I think MLF is a good coach. Today was not one of his better days when he had to make major adjustments do to things outside his control 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

It's egregious. 

It's not the OC's fault.

The only issue I would have with the coaching staff at this point is continuing to stick with him if it continues. If he struggles in the first half against the Bears, he needs to go to the bench. 

It is so lame to try to blame the OC.  It’s one thing to dunk on a clown like Brian Schottenheimer who has ruined multiple seasons of multiple qbs or Josh McDaniels who is a disaster in Vegas with Carr but Zach Wilson has show zero as a pro

• Upvote 1