Mike White

choon328

7 hours ago, choon328 said:

27/44 268 yds

0 Ints

You Wilson d**k riders were counting on a 4 int day by White bc you kept pointing to this game.  Well against a top 10 defense Mike White  looked good,  much better than you thought he would. A terrible mistake by Moseley and a worse one by Carter cost the Jets dearly.  

Wilson was 18/25 154 yds against the Bills at home in good weather and you all acted like he was the next coming of Jesus.  Keep that same energy now. 

The next thing that needs to be put to bed is the arm strength thing. In Buffalo, 35 degrees, rain and snow,15 mph winds and White threw the ball really well in those conditions

White is the QB going forward and he's about to light up the next 4 defenses. 

This game that you all pointed to as the ultimate test for Mike White has come and gone, he passed. Take the L bitches. 

this is awesome holy ****

• Haha 2

Mike white train I was onboard as soon as cinn but like every one thought hey this Zach kid can put it together. Then this year happened.

Let me just say after today, you bench Mike white you might as well bench the whole damn team. Mike white did. Something very stupid playing through the pain but he won't over everybody.

They are going to be talking about this game as the one that started the Mike white experience.

Kid once again balled out. Save for some terrible drops and lack luster returns from the usual suspects we might have won this game (berrios).

Got to like what you see in Mike white. I hope he is healthy 

38 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Zach aint The answer. But Mike white limitations are very real. Im all in on bringing in vet in the offseason. That being said White is definitely the best option of the current group and should easily start the rest of the season.

Not that I disagree with this take but what vet are you bringing in that will be available that doesnt have the same or similar "limitations" as Mike White? 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

You said that not every team is getting to hit the QB. You are wrong

all teams try to hit/sack QB every play is true but there are ways to emphasize that and de-emphasize that. 

For example, say u are protecting a big lead there is couple seconds left on clock and opponent is pinned behind their own 20.  You rush 1 player and have 10 players fall back into a zone to protect from some hail mary.  In this case that 1 player job is to go hit/sack the QB right agreed.

Now say you are playing with a small lead again and the opponent is a passing team that is trying to keep up.  Its 3rd and long so you want to prevent them from passing you may send everyone after the QB 5,6,or 7 man blitz.  You taking the risk QB may throw over your head because his play makers have single coverage but you take that risk and try like hell to hit/sack the QB

those are 2 extreme examples of going after QB.  Now in a 3 hour game there is a lot of variance here between the extremes of what you are trying to do as defense so yes you always trying to get to QB but with varying degree of how much you expose yourself to single coverage on back end.

With a QB like Josh Allen, he is built like a LB/RB, he is like a big kid playing with other big kids.  Doing pressure packages against him and he will make you pay for it.  You hit him with a back or LB he will just shrug it off and pick you apart.  That's why it best to play a 4 man rush with him and maybe keep a LB/S to spy to contain his runs.  Your 4 man rush is still trying like hell to hit him and sack him but the main reason here is to stall drives and blanket his play makers.

With a QB like Mike White, he is built like a MLB pitcher, he doesn't have much mobility and if you hit him enough it is going to impact his game or even take him out of game. (Rex and others have has success with this approach against Brady)  So you may concede a few long passes and even TDs to him as long as you keep getting home and hitting him (you do not even need to sack).  So in his case he would be getting a lot more single coverage because you rushing 5,6,7 more often and he may hurt you now and then but in the war of a 3 hour game the hits will catch up to him.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

Not that I disagree with this take but what vet are you bringing in that will be available that doesnt have the same or similar "limitations" as Mike White? 

In the offseason Jimmy G, Carr, Brady, Daniel Jones and a bunch of other guys will be available 

White had a great game facing the bears and 2 games he played fairly well facing maybe the 2 best teams in football in their own buildings.  We need more time to find out if he’s real but even if we don’t there are absolutely options in the offseason 

But Zach is not the answer.

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

Thanks for deleting the part of my post where I implied we don’t know yet and that’s why White needs to continue to play 

First and foremost, I dont appreciate your snark.  Secondly, the question you answered, was not asked to you.  Thirdly, I didnt ask an opinion of Mike White, I asked how those suggested players are different and you failed to answer the question.

Should I thank you? 

Just now, JiFields said:

First and foremost, I dont appreciate your snark.  Secondly, the question you answered, was not asked to you.  Thirdly, I didnt ask an opinion of Mike White, I asked how those suggested players are different and you failed to answer the question.

Should I thank you? 

If white is not the answer we have plenty of options this offseason. I’m the furthest thing from a White-hater/Zach Cuck as a person can get.

That said if you don’t think Tom Brady isn’t a possible upgrade I have some FTX crypto coins to sell you

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

If white is not the answer we have plenty of options this offseason. I’m the furthest thing from a White-hater/Zach Cuck as a person can get.

That said if you don’t think Tom Brady isn’t a possible upgrade I have some FTX crypto coins to sell you

Ummmm, yeah, I want absolutely nothing and I mean, nothing, to do with Tom Brady.  Mainly because he's human piece of sh*t that I want nowhere near my favorite team but also because he sucks.  Have you watched him play Football this season?  He's 100% done. 

Did you hear the newest rumor of what he's doing in Tampa?  Such a ******* turd.   He's calling offensive player only meetings and tweaking the game plan before the game without telling the coaching staff and they literally, cant score. **** Tom Brady.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

Ummmm, yeah, I want absolutely nothing and I mean, nothing, to do with Tom Brady.  Mainly because he's human piece of sh*t that I want nowhere near my favorite team but also because he sucks.  Have you watched him play Football this season?  He's 100% done. 

Did you hear the newest rumor of what he's doing in Tampa?  Such a ******* turd.   He's calling offensive player only meetings and tweaking the game plan before the game without telling the coaching staff and they literally, cant score. **** Tom Brady.

Whatever. I want to a jet super bowl win in my lifetime. Enough with the 2nd grade mentality 

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

Whatever. I want to a jet super bowl win in my lifetime. Enough with the 2nd grade mentality 

And how would we get there with a 47-year old who sucks and everyone hates?

We're a lot closer to a SB-caliber team with Mike White than any of the alternative options provided.  

We're a lot closer to a SB-caliber team with Mike White than any of the alternative options provided.  
Aaron Rogers would prolly be a massive upgrade.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're a lot closer to a SB-caliber team with Mike White 

So you prefer the 24 year old with a 43.2 QBR who sucks testicles dry and everyone on the jets roster and coaching staff despise? Can we make the playoffs with White first?

2 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

So you prefer the 24 year old with a 43.2 QBR who sucks testicles dry and everyone on the jets roster and coaching staff despise? Can we make the playoffs with White first?

Huh?  Why is this an either/or between Wilson and Brady? I want neither anywhere close to this team. 

On 12/11/2022 at 4:39 PM, Warfish said:

Berrios was dreadful today, outside of one nice mid-range sideline catch.  Murdered us in field position today, especially early.

Mosely mistake was horrible, he had to know the fake count was likely there.

Carter's fumble was the death-nail in the coffin today.

So was Flacco's one play and fumble too.

The spineless call to kick the FG with 4th and 1, also a killer.

And the Jets complete lack of ability to run the ball in short, hard yardage situations has been killing us all year and killed us again today.

And yes, Mike White didn't do enough.  He has got to lead scoring drives, not just accumulate yardage.  Was a gutsy day, comming back from those brutal near-unblocked leveling hits, no question, but he has got to move away from being checkdown Charlie, and find ways to make more yards downfield, especially in crunch time.  Right now, if we're down late, it's a given we lose with MW.  Till he proves otherwise.

A rather harsh assessment.  The quarterback should take the blame when they loose - are you listening Zach!!!!  However, loosing to the Vikings and Bills is not an indictment of any QB.  In case you missed it, they have 20 wins and are both in the top 5 in power rankings.

If you watched those two games, you know if Berrios holds onto that ball, we beat the Vikings.  If Mosely didn't screw up and Flacco and Carter didn't fumble, we beat the Bills.  If you expect to beat elite teams, you better win the turnover battle and play a clean game.  This team still loses games because a defensive player commits a monstrously stupid penalty that continues a critical drive that should have ended.

Just because the quarterback takes the blame, doesn't mean mistakes and lack of discipline by others wasn't the reason you lost.  If the others did their job as well as Mike White did, we would be 9-4 and the idea of bringing Zach back would be scoffed at.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:51 PM, choon328 said:

People forget that he's played in like 7 games. There are skills that he will develop over time as he plays more. It's unfair to assume that he won't get better over time. The people who dislike him think this is as good as he'll get. I think they're wrong.  He's 27, there's a lot of football left. 

The one thing you can't teach is standing in the pocket and delivering a strike knowing you're about to get crushed. That's not a skill, that all balls.  He has to get better at covering his body after he throws the ball in order to brace a little more. 

It's also naive to think the more he plays and the more he puts tendencies on tape his limitations will be expossed more.  It's a decidely a two way street. 

Sometimes balls that might help make a play can end your season.  Not necessarily the right play.  I suspect he will adjust as his balls are driven higher up into his scrotum.   It's part of the process and he seems like a smart guy.  

I really don't get it.  The guy would be on pace for 5000+ yards in a 17 game season.   Of the two picks he threw, one was off the hands of his receiver and the other was a desperation 4th and long heave.  We have explosive plays out of our WRs every game he is in there.  He makes quick reads and gets the ball out quickly and accurately.  He needs some work in the red zone but that should come.  If we make one more play against the Vikings we win at their place.  If we don't fumble away the game we have a good shot against the Bills in their place.  This is all part of a growing process, learning how to win these games.  I think we have our guy.  I'm not sure what else he would have to do to earn the confidence of this board but I am pretty sure if he was the #2 overall pick we would be totally stoked of how he was progressing, including his toughness and leadership, and there would be no mention whatsoever of having to find someone else next year.       

38 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

A rather harsh assessment.

A factual assessment.

The quarterback should take the blame when they loose - are you listening Zach!!!!  However, loosing to the Vikings and Bills is not an indictment of any QB.

A lack of scoring drives is a way to analyze a QB's production/performance.  No one is talking about indictment.

In case you missed it, they have 20 wins and are both in the top 5 in power rankings.

I didn't miss it.

If you watched those two games, you know if Berrios holds onto that ball, we beat the Vikings.

And if Mike White hits a wide open G. Wilson we also win.  Wins/losses are often determined by more than a single play.

If Mosely didn't screw up and Flacco and Carter didn't fumble, we beat the Bills.

And if Mike White connects on several makeable passes, our Offense produces more than the single rushing TD we did get.

Again, your post reads almost exactly the way Zach fanboi posts used to read here, except now it's ignoring Mike White's play and misses and responsibility instead of Zach's.

Just because the quarterback takes the blame, doesn't mean mistakes and lack of discipline by others wasn't the reason you lost.  If the others did their job as well as Mike White did, we would be 9-4 and the idea of bringing Zach back would be scoffed at.

You just sound like a Mike White version of Fidelio or Provo. 

If a rather tame comment of "Mike White needs to do more to finish scoring drives" when discussing two losses where he threw for a combined 0 passing TD's and a sub 58% completion rate offends you, you might just be something less than objective about things.