Saleh Not Naming Starting QB for Thursday Night

JetsFanatic

1 hour ago, DireJet said:

Also, there’s no way ZW isn’t starting this game.

You think a 3-game inactive streak was embarrassing? Imagine getting benched again w/the #1 pick of your draft class coming to town in the heat of a playoff race in PRIMETIME. That’s beyond painfully embarrassing. If the Jets don’t start Wilson vs TLaw, it would absolutely crush any shred of confidence left in ZW’s body and there might be no coming back from it. 

If they are going to do this trade the Guy and start from scratch with someone else cause this would be DUMB!!!

I wanted Justin Fields but I really believe that MLF has a system that he is not willing to modify for a player's strengths and perhaps he shouldn't, but then shame on the Jets for not realizing this BEFORE they drafted Wilson, since a ton of posters out here saw this before hand!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

If they are going to do this trade the Guy and start from scratch with someone else cause this would be DUMB!!!

I wanted Justin Fields but I really believe that MLF has a system that he is not willing to modify for a player's strengths and perhaps he shouldn't, but then shame on the Jets for not realizing this BEFORE they drafted Wilson, since a ton of posters out here saw this before hand!

I think they realized it but egotistically believed they could fit wilson into their system with no hiccups.  They need a real OC who is willing to modify the philosophy based on what they have.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yeah it’s gonna have to get sorted one way or another. Sad thing is we have a lot of the pieces in place but can’t be expected to make the playoffs (let alone a playoff run) w/the constant hysteria at the QB position. Jets need to make a decision and stick with it. It’s annoying as hell for the fans, I know that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I think we're stuck with Zach. JD won't give him away for a bag of donuts which is all he's going to be offered.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cmon dude. You’ve been around too long for this take. It was entirely on Zach Wilson. Players will make plays, and Zach Wilson didn’t make enough. 

Lion DBs were almost comical in their inability to locate the ball. That's a bad defense at the back end and Zach's misses weren't even close. Just tough to watch.

The only upside for me is that though I've disagreed with how the entire org has handled QB, it feels like benching Zach was actually a turning point in how they're treating him and they know what their system is supposed to look like.

Having said that, realistically, if Zach was going to turn things around, 3 weeks wasn't going to solve much. He's going to need to keep working fundamentals through the offseason to compete in camp next year. Just sucks that he's single-handedly torpedoed the Jets playoff aspirations between the 2 New England games and yesterday's outing. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Cmon dude. You’ve been around too long for this take. It was entirely on Zach Wilson. Players will make plays, and Zach Wilson didn’t make enough. 

This is weak, honestly. ZW is what he is, he sucks. It was his job to make better plays. Its also the coaches job to manage the clock and the situations, they didnt do their job. Both can be true, ZW not making enough plays and the coaches completely blowing the clock management and that 4th and 1

23 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Lion DBs were almost comical in their inability to locate the ball. That's a bad defense at the back end and Zach's misses weren't even close. Just tough to watch.

Exactly. I brought this up a few times in the IGT.

I’ve watched the nfl for over 50 years, and the play of their secondary yesterday was as bad as I’ve ever seen.

Zach looked a lot better than I expected, but the Lions back end tempered my enthusiasm a lot.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Zach Wilson DID NOT Lose the Jets the Game!

@Beerfish said it above in his own words... it is simply preposterous to lay this defeat on Wilson but won't name names on blow coverages that give up 50 Yard TDs right after Wilson played well enough to lead the Jets on a go-ahead TD with under 4 minutes to go!

Did he miss some easy throws, yea but that didn't cost them the game.... 

well enough to what get 17 points? it never should have been this close. who lost it the defense? so they cant make one mistake we lose the game but Zach can miss throws left and right and its everybody's fault? 

lets look at that last drive

1st play. sack -9 yds..... you never take a sack in the final 2:00 mins. 

2nd incomplete to Berrios.

3rd complete to GW 22 yds

4th incomplete to Berrios

5th complete to GW 10 yds

6th incomplete to Berrios.

7th sack -8 yds. thats 2 now with the game on the line.

8th incomplete to Moore.

9th complete to Moore 20 yds. lucky throw

last drive stats= 3-7 42% 52 yds 2 sacks. maybe if he completed a pass or 2 more we wouldnt have to kick a 58 yd FG. you know like 31 other QBs are this year at over 60% 

who fault is it the defense? they held a team who is 6th in points scored to a fluky TD. they made a bad mistake but they cant have one when Zach is the QB. 

so the scorecard is what? one bad mistake by the defense, one by the STs. ZACH? 10 maybe more? no matter how many flashy throws he makes 51% completions is pathetic and costed us the game. 

see your looking at the end and im looking at everything. you probably didnt think the NE game was his fault either cause it was tied 3-3 and the ST gave up the TD. 

we wouldnt have even needed a FG to tie if he didnt gift wrap 3 points with that lazy INT.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

This seems like a borderline delusional take to me, tbh

Entirely? Really?

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

This is weak, honestly. ZW is what he is, he sucks. It was his job to make better plays. Its also the coaches job to manage the clock and the situations, they didnt do their job. Both can be true, ZW not making enough plays and the coaches completely blowing the clock management and that 4th and 1

This your first season as fans? If the proverbial "you guys" want to live in a space where you chalk this one up to a couple of timeouts - knock yourself out. Meanwhile, i'll stay over here in the tempered universe of honesty. 

Yesterday loss wasn't because of botched time out, or a well played 4th and 1...the reason we lost was because our QB (repeatedly) took crippling sacks and missed WRs downfield. That's why we lost.

Game is decided over 4 quarters...you don't lose because of 1 play.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This your first season as fans? If the proverbial "you guys" want to live in a space where you chalk this one up to a couple of timeouts - knock yourself out. Meanwhile, i'll stay over here in the tempered universe of honesty. 

Yesterday loss wasn't because of botched time out, or a well played 4th and 1...the reason we lost was because our QB (repeatedly) took crippling sacks and missed WRs downfield. That's why we lost.

There are many ways to win and many ways to lose, you are focussing on the one area you chose to, and ignoring other areas

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Special teams: sh*tty punts, punt returned for a touchdown, and missed field goal.

• Upvote 2

The QB threw for over 300 yards, 2 tds and one int.  Put Mike Whites name on that and it was a great performance, I 100% guarantee that would be the narrative on here.

We all know this QB is not that great but the reason the team lost is because being up late and on 4th down Mosley decided to play hero ball and TOTALLY ignore a total jag te because he wanted to make the big run stop.

Also having a terrible punter serve up another kick return td.

The Jets have big QB issues but the QB play the last three weeks, though not terrific has been good enough to win games.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Meanwhile, i'll stay over here in the tempered universe of honesty. 

You do that, friend, because in no world was Zach Wilson the entire reason the Jets lost yesterday. That's just sublime silliness. You can certainly say that he contributed to the loss and you can certainly say that we need a new QB. I would agree with both statements, but when the QB hands the defense the lead with 4 minutes remaining, he isn't the only reason the team lost (which is what you wrote).  You should at least try to feign objectivity with some of these Wilson posts. 

1 minute ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

There are many ways to win and many ways to lose, you are focusing on the one area you chose to, and ignoring other areas

what other area? It never felt like we just needed to use a time out. And defenses sell out to stop the run on a 4th and 1 virtually every time. Hitting the TE on a flat route was ballsy and it worked. It's not like our approach to the play was a calamity. 

QB play is the reason the team was not able to take advantage of their porous defense. They stacked the box on Knight and forced us to pass. I highly doubt the lockerroom narrative wasn't "Jesus D! you really blew it on that 4th down..."  or -- "Cmon Rob!... use your head"

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The QB threw for over 300 yards, 2 tds and one int.  Put Mike Whites name on that and it was a great performance, I 100% guarantee that would be the narrative on here.

No.... not even close. Really? You really believe that he played well enough to be talked about like that? Is that why GW was so thrilled about being overthrown. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You do that, friend, because in no world was Zach Wilson the entire reason the Jets lost yesterday. That's just sublime silliness. You can certainly say that he contributed to the loss and you can certainly say that we need a new QB. I would agree with both statements, but when the QB hands the defense the lead with 4 minutes remaining, he isn't the only reason the team lost (which is what you wrote).  You should at least try to feign objectivity with some of these Wilson posts. 

take out the word entirely then. ZW is the reason we lost. Its the only one that matters. Getting burnt on a well designed 4th and 1 happened... but a foolish team would be the one to write off the L because of that play. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We all know this QB is not that great but the reason the team lost is because being up late and on 4th down Mosley decided to play hero ball and TOTALLY ignore a total jag te because he wanted to make the big run stop.

Also having a terrible punter serve up another kick return td.

The Jets have big QB issues but the QB play the last three weeks, though not terrific has been good enough to win games.

If Mike White had the 8th worst "off target" pass game in the league year for all QBs it would not be considered a great performance. Zach hit some cool downfield passed but sucked cock hitting the gimme passes while throwing around 50%. Not every 300 yard day is created the same.

Tremendous win for the Jags yesterday.

Cowboys jumped out to 14-0, then 21-7 leads.

Jags had to mentally bounce back at least a dozen times and hang in and keep punching.  Even in OT, Lawrence fumbled on a big scramble into plus territory.  The defense bailed the team out on the very next set of downs with a pick 6.

Lawrence threw 4 TDs.

Momentum shifted on a Lawrence bomb down the sideline mid 3rd Q with the team down 17.  Got the piddling crowd into the game and the D got a TO on the next series.

Jags scored 2 TDs within 2 mins to cut it to a 3 pt game.

This game is gonna be tough.

Just now, Paradis said:

take out the word entirely then. ZW is the reason we lost. Its the only one that matters. Getting burnt on a well designed 4th and 1 happened... but a foolish team would be the one to write off the L because of that play. 

It's the "only one that matters" to you because you have a giant hard on for the QB. But, to most Jets fans, I'm guessing giving up a game-winning 50 yard touchdown pass on 4th and inches "matters," lol. I'm also assuming most Jets fans who tuned in yesterday thought the punt return for a TD "mattered." Same goes for inexplicably wasting 30 seconds on the final drive of the game. That seemed to matter, as well. All of that stuff mattered. As did Zach Wilson missing a bunch of throws and throwing a horrible 3rd quarter pick. It all matters. 

Choosing to focus on only one thing is what is foolish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

what other area? It never felt like we just needed to use a time out. And defenses sell out to stop the run on a 4th and 1 virtually every time. Hitting the TE on a flat route was ballsy and it worked. It's not like our approach to the play was a calamity. 

QB play is the reason the team was not able to take advantage of their porous defense. They stacked the box on Knight and forced us to pass. I highly doubt the lockerroom narrative wasn't "Jesus D! you really blew it on that 4th down..."  or -- "Cmon Rob!... use your head"

This is silly, the terrible QB threw for over 300 yards and 2 TD's. He was awful for stretches of the game, but when your QB throws for 315 yards and 2 TD's to 1 Int, there are other reasons you lost the game in addition to him. Our running game was compeltely non existent, it was putrid. The time management at the end of the game was putrid. yes, Wilson was putrid for stretches of the game and did not do enough to win the game, and other parts of the team also did not do enough to win the game.  Its a silly premise. If Wilson threw 2 int's and had 1 TD and 135 yards passing and we lost, fine, he is solely to blame, this is not the case

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It's the "only one that matters" to you because you have a giant hard on for the QB. But, to most Jets fans, I'm guessing giving up a game-winning 50 yard touchdown pass on 4th and inches "matters," lol. I'm also assuming most Jets fans who tuned in yesterday thought the punt return for a TD "mattered." Same goes for inexplicably wasting 30 seconds on the final drive of the game. That seemed to matter, as well. All of that stuff mattered. As did Zach Wilson missing a bunch of throws and throwing a horrible 3rd quarter pick. It all matters. 

Choosing to focus on only one thing is what is foolish. 

I'm over that sh*t though... you're never gonna play a perfect game. KC just about lost to HOU yesterday. There's always going to be a couple of bad plays and busted coverages. Good teams limits those, but you'll never eliminate them. Of course there's a lot areas we could have played better, including [lack thereof] a pass rush. Better QB play is the only one to me that, if improved, i could say - "We win that game"

I take back what i said though, STs is also a reason. After reflecting on that, it's been a legit liability. 

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Mike White had the 8th worst "off target" pass game in the league year for all QBs it would not be considered a great performance. Zach hit some cool downfield passed but sucked cock hitting the gimme passes while throwing around 50%. Not every 300 yard day is created the same.

I call BS.