Saleh Not Naming Starting QB for Thursday Night

JetsFanatic

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah ribs totally heal within a few days. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

The pain actually gets worse before it gets better. The muscle tissue between the ribs contracts periodically; it's like a charlie horse in your chest. Wakes you up out of a dead sleep.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Yeah ribs totally heal within a few days. 

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

I was thinking the same thing. Shows how desperate Saleh is go avoid starting Zach Wilson again. I think it's becoming clear he's lost confidence in the kid. There was one TV shot on Sunday where Wilson was walking past Saleh after a failed drive, and Saleh didn't even look at him.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

gamesmanship 100%.

i hope im wrong but from what i hear from some people " one Jets drive " sounds happy with what Zach did yesterday. he did what we all wanted to see. sure he has some things to clear up "they say" but there is a lot of hope he can be the guy.

god help us.

with that said if White is 1,000 % ready he will not start another game for the Jets. unless Zach has a NE bad game and there is a chance for the playoffs.  its live or die with Zach.

• Sympathy 2
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Cimini can't speak f*cking English. Does he mean he wont commit to White even if he's healthy? 

If so then lol. Burn it all down.

Yes - he said he wasn’t ready to commit to white regardless of health.

As you said in your other post, it sounds like Zach is our starter on Thursday

There seems to be a sudden shift from Saleh on confidence for Zach. Maybe it's always been there and he's doubted him and the politics of the situation meant he had to start him over White. But his comments on Zach are not overly confident. He says the right things but adds doubts. We saw some of the same old with Zach in the 3rd quarter after he had a good first half (for a change). It might have to do with his teammates and the locker room and those guys favor White. 

• Upvote 2

You guys are taking the wrong read on this. The fact that they won't commit to White to start if healthy is a sign that the front office and Saleh have decided it will be Wilson no matter what. The front office, the coaching staff,  the players and the hot dog vendor all know White gives them a better chance to win but it's not about winning. They're putting 1 player ahead of everyone else and that player is terrible. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

There seems to be a sudden shift from Saleh on confidence for Zach. Maybe it's always been there and he's doubted him and the politics of the situation meant he had to start him over White. But his comments on Zach are not overly confident. He says the right things but adds doubts. We saw some of the same old with Zach in the 3rd quarter after he had a good first half (for a change). It might have to do with his teammates and the locker room and those guys favor White. 

It's bc he's being forced to play Wilson by the front office. I don't know why everybody can't see that. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This Saleh presser was different. ?

Hughes asked a great question:  given the organizational investment, if it's close, do you roll with Zach (over MW)?

He actually said no.  He went on with a relatively lengthy answer talking about Pete Carrol and how draft status doesn't mean anything once players set foot in the building.  The best players play.  Period.

No more "everybody knows, Zach is the future of this organization".

It's a significant shift in public stance, at least from Saleh.

I think Zach is done in NY.

Maybe a subconscious slip or maybe nothing:  but Saleh also said Zach is "gonna be a good QB in this league".  He could have just as easily said "for the Jets" or "for this team" but he didn't.

I think Joe Douglas will look to trade Wilson if he can.  Try to find another CAR to fleece. 

JD would have to be insane to head into '23 with ZW as his #1 on the depth chart with a team that's ready to compete now.

I don't think Saleh is making the decision on who plays QB for the Jets the rest of the season, the front office is. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 4

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't see how White will be cleared but I sure hope he is. Would love to see the Jets make a playoff push and worst case finish at 9 and 8.

Yeah I don’t get this. Everything we’ve heard is the earliest he could come back from this kind of injury is Seattle. And that’s an optimistic viewpoint. 

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't see how White will be cleared but I sure hope he is. Would love to see the Jets make a playoff push and worst case finish at 9 and 8.

I know they won't clear him, but Mike White has to play.

The loss yesterday didn't actually damage their playoff hopes much at all.

The Jets essentially still control their own destiny.  According to 538, if the Jets win out they still have a 96% chance of making it.

And 3 wins combined with NE losing any of their remaining games (they play CIN, MIA, and BUF clinches a playoff berth.

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I know they won't clear him, but Mike White has to play.

The loss yesterday didn't actually damage their playoff hopes much at all.

The Jets essentially still control their own destiny.  According to 538, if the Jets win out they still have a 96% chance of making it.

And 3 wins combined with NE losing any of their remaining games (they play CIN, MIA, and BUF clinches a playoff berth.

If Mike white is cleared he’ll play, but he’s not getting cleared. 

and here’s the problem - if the jets win on Thursday, Zach will keep the job unless he’s just awful (possible but the jags defense is just meh enough for him to have passable numbers), and if they lose, the season is over anyway. 

• Upvote 1