Pro Bowl team announced: Sauce, Quinnen, Mosley and Hardee Selected

Larz

1 hour ago, carlito1171 said:

Sauce and Quinnen should be locks....happy for them if they do get the nod. 

Hardee for STs, and hoping for an outside chance DJ Reed can get the nod.....

yeah DJ deserves it. not sure they would select 2 CBs from the same team to start.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They need Braxton to return kicks out of the end zone to the 19 yard line

Seriously.. he looks like he is moving 150 mph and goes... nowhere. Its actually kind of impressive. Leon Washington is probably losing his sh1t watching every return.

• Haha 1

Sauce and Q are extremely well deserved.  Sauce's play overall has been great, and it's mind-blowing to think he's only a rookie.  Q has always been good, but I can admit when spending a #3 overall on a DT I always said he had to meet some very high expectations to justify that, and credit where it's due he's absolutely done that this year more than I would've imagined.  Hardee has also been excellent on ST this year and made numerous clutch plays, even if some are stunned that he didn't somehow magically, single-handedly make up for the total incompetence of the punter and screw-ups of 9 other coverage guys every single time.

However, the Mosley love still baffles me, as it has for years now.  In reality, he comes in as a close second to Tru Johnson as the most laughably awful Jets signing of the past decade+.  I guess he at least seems to be a popular rah rah guy in the locker room, but when he even bothers to show up his on field play has been mediocre at it's very best, and I've never seen any player put in such half-assed effort the moment he realizes he's screwed up on a play that's still ongoing.  That last TD was 100% on him and not only was it laughable how clueless he was to what was happening on the field, but the effortless jog that followed was cut-worthy if not for his idiotic contract.  I hope JD is smart enough to not be influenced by his own questionable decision to push more of CJ's guarantees into future years, as he needs to take a massive paycut or should be sent packing.  I'm usually happy to see the Jets get recognition, but CJ this year is pretty much the perfect example of why the Pro Bowl selections are at times highly questionable.

As far as the alternates go, Reed is very deserving and may have even made it if not for being on the same team as Sauce.  GW making it as an alternate is impressive, not only for a rookie but also considering the fact that I feel like overall WR tends to be one of the toughest positions to break through the crowd at (after QB of course).  Berrios deserved his nod last year, but no idea what anyone was thinking this year beyond past memories, as he's been a mess all around, including ST.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes and they have to show up and participate or they don't get pro bowl credit (no contact incentives, no record of it). The Mannings are coaching the game. Ray Lewis ad DeMarcus Ware are defensive coordinators

I had actually not heard about the bold and with perhaps the sole exception of understanding those who miss due to injury, I think that actually makes total sense.

It's gotten rather ridiculous over the years when having an 8th alternate showing up to the Pro Bowl which meant the long list of no-shows above him all get to claim they made it too.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I had actually not heard about the bold and with perhaps the sole exception of understanding those who miss due to injury, I think that actually makes total sense.

It's gotten rather ridiculous over the years when having an 8th alternate showing up to the Pro Bowl which meant the long list of no-shows above him all get to claim they made it too.

Yes.

It became painfully obvious the league had to make a change when Mac Jones was performing the corniest griddy of all time in the pro bowl. No one should have ever been subjected to it and I hope the NFL was heavily fined by the FCC.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Yes.

It became painfully obvious the league had to make a change when Mac Jones was performing the corniest griddy of all time in the pro bowl. No one should have ever been subjected to it and I hope the NFL was heavily fined by the FCC.

what he do?   corniest griddy...i never follow probowls

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good to see the pro bowl is only “a meaningless popularity contest” when no Jets are named.

Sad to say, this could turn into a repeat of the Jets' 2008 situation, where they hit their peak at the right time for Pro Bowl voting to help have more of their guys make the cut, only to finish up the season in a very different light.

• Sympathy 1