The legion of Mike White officially died today in Seattle

43 minutes ago, DireJet said:

MW didn’t look like he could breathe without pain. Maybe he didn’t take a pain shot today bc he’s got twins under 2 at home.

This is on Jets brass. Not Mike White. If you have a successful organization, you aren’t counting on your 3rd stringer to begin the season to save you in a playoff race. Sad thing is I think a healthy Mike White might have saved them. We’ll never know bc Jets brass failed on every level possible. 

Mike Fckn White is a GOD u fu8cking ingrates...You dont deserve him!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White did his best. He put up some of the finest, most productive statistical games in the history of the Jets franchise, and he did it while being treated as an afterthought running an offense built and designed for Zach Wilson. He’s a gritty, hard-working dude who’s fought for every crumb he’s gotten in the NFL. His teammates love and respect him. The fans had fun watching him compete. He will have a job in football next year, and he’ll—once again—be a gritty, beloved, competent quarterback for whatever team signs him. If you, as a Jets fan, spent a second of the 2022 NFL season working to tear Mike White down and are now pleased with yourself because he was bad in the game that ended the season, I’d suggest you maybe open a window to get some fresh air, or take the dog for a walk, or maybe look at a picture of a kitten for a minute. He was, far and away, the best quarterback on the Jets roster for this season, and the last, and now his time is probably up. Fact is, the future of the Jets QB position is bleak, as was the past of the Jets QB position. But for a few weeks, with Mike White, the present was less bleak than it had been. So, kudos to those who were skeptical, or even angry, that Mike White got his shot. And congrats on what’s to come because, surely, that will be better. 

We didn't get eliminated from the playoffs of the 2022 season until 2023.

It was a good year. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

He sucked. He’s terrible. Period. He got lucky he played the worst defense in the NFL in the Bears or otherwise he wouldn’t have been everyone’s franchise QB. 3 straight games of 0 TDS. And Seattle was NFLs 29th rank D going into todays game. Guys open all day. 

ouch

20 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm not making excuses for White, but he's started, what 8 games?

Why isn't he allowed to grow and have set backs? 

Bingo.

Guy has played some of the Jets games by a Jets QB in the last 20 years. Multiple games. 

Has 2 clunkers, 1 with broken ribs.

He needs to be competing for the job next year with a Vet. Wilson gone. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

Now the insanity of the fan base and the NY press belief that Mike White was franchise QB can finally die. Now this front office get back to the business acquire a Vet like Carr or whoever that can actually get this team to a championship and maybe sit Zach for a year try to salvage or draft someone. Now we can stop with Mike White as the solution at QB.

Nah, the coaching staff exposed themselves as the sh*t they are. We know ZW is sh*t , but we have no solution. So it's back to flushing the proverbial toilet. New GM and new HC.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White did his best. He put up some of the finest, most productive statistical games in the history of the Jets franchise, and he did it while being treated as an afterthought running an offense built and designed for Zach Wilson. 

If today showed us anything it showed us that LaFleur has "his offense" and does not "design" it for anyone. White fits it a little bit better and had success when there was no tape on him and continuously regressed to the point he looked exactly like Wilson today.

It showed that the failure of both of them is largely if not entirely because of LaFleur who should be fired tomorrow.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

If today showed us anything it showed us that LaFleur has "his offense" and does not "design" it for anyone. White fits it a little bit better and had success when there was no tape on him and continuously regressed to the point he looked exactly like Wilson today.

It showed that the failure of both of them is largely if not entirely because of LaFleur who should be fired tomorrow.

I do not believe that Zach Wilson is inaccurate because of LaFleur, though. I don’t think that LaFleur made Zach Wilson afraid of pass rush pressure, and I don’t think LaFleur makes his teammates actively dislike Zach Wilson. Today was a terrible performance for Mike White, but it was aberrational from what we’ve seen of him, generally. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I was hoping he would win these next two games and get us in the playoffs.. I am very disappointed in his play today. Figured he would have played much better than he did was missing guts all day. This was his “SHOT” and I really thought that he would take advantage of it….He didn’t… and looked pretty bad. Had he performed the way I had envisioned..I’d have brought him back to compete for#1 next year.
Like the OP stated in this title, those hopes did officially die today

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I do not believe that Zach Wilson is inaccurate because of LaFleur, though. I don’t think that LaFleur made Zach Wilson afraid of pass rush pressure, and I don’t think LaFleur makes his teammates actively dislike Zach Wilson. Today was a terrible performance for Mike White, but it was aberrational from what we’ve seen of him, generally. 

It's not about Wilson or White. It's about a truly horrible OC. That was evident today. We cannot win with this guy. Just because White had 2 Cinderella games under LaFleur does not mean that anything about our offense is good. In fact if you look at it objectively, White had 2 good outings in his first start of each year and then got progressively worse until he looked exactly like Zach today. It is the system. A system where you run on 1st like 80% of the time and 2nd close to 100% of the time cannot win in the NFL. It just cannot. And not only that but our running offense has less creativity than Gase's which I though was impossible and his play calling is mind numbingly bad and predictable. 

White in 8 games has 12 interceptions. Zach has 18 in 22 games. 

White has exactly one way to beat an opponent and that is to play nearly flawless football within LaFleurs "offense in a phone booth system". White cannot beat you with his legs, he cannot beat you deep, he cannot beat you off schedule and he cannot score in the redzone. 

Maybe White and Zach could be better but not under this OC. He needs to be fired tomorrow.

There is literally NOTHING good about a MLF offense. And it is less creative than Gase's was. At least Gase could script the first few plays.

Our QB is probably not on the roster but I can tell you two things:

1. White's performance strengthened the argument to keep Zach as a developmental player

2. The developmental of any QB should never ever be put into MLFs hands again.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mike White did his best. He put up some of the finest, most productive statistical games in the history of the Jets franchise, and he did it while being treated as an afterthought running an offense built and designed for Zach Wilson. He’s a gritty, hard-working dude who’s fought for every crumb he’s gotten in the NFL. His teammates love and respect him. The fans had fun watching him compete. He will have a job in football next year, and he’ll—once again—be a gritty, beloved, competent quarterback for whatever team signs him. If you, as a Jets fan, spent a second of the 2022 NFL season working to tear Mike White down and are now pleased with yourself because he was bad in the game that ended the season, I’d suggest you maybe open a window to get some fresh air, or take the dog for a walk, or maybe look at a picture of a kitten for a minute. He was, far and away, the best quarterback on the Jets roster for this season, and the last, and now his time is probably up. Fact is, the future of the Jets QB position is bleak, as was the past of the Jets QB position. But for a few weeks, with Mike White, the present was less bleak than it had been. So, kudos to those who were skeptical, or even angry, that Mike White got his shot. And congrats on what’s to come because, surely, that will be better. 

18 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

512056245_24839cf7282061ab44608e5e05bd0b71(1).thumb.jpg.c65d2900796753b47f379ca57e7e0638.jpg

He fought valiantly.  He fought through pain. He sacrificed his body for his team and his family.  But, alas, he alone was not enough. 

Sometimes the Dragons and the French win. 

Remember him. 

200.gif

• Haha 1

It's not about Wilson or White. It's about a truly horrible OC. That was evident today. We cannot win with this guy. Just because White had 2 Cinderella games under LaFleur does not mean that anything about our offense is good. In fact if you look at it objectively, White had 2 good outings in his first start of each year and then got progressively worse until he looked exactly like Zach today. It is the system. A system where you run on 1st like 80% of the time and 2nd close to 100% of the time cannot win in the NFL. It just cannot. And not only that but our running offense has less creativity than Gase's which I though was impossible and his play calling is mind numbingly bad and predictable. 

White in 8 games has 12 interceptions. Zach has 18 in 22 games. 

White has exactly one way to beat an opponent and that is to play nearly flawless football within LaFleurs "offense in a phone booth system". White cannot beat you with his legs, he cannot beat you deep, he cannot beat you off schedule and he cannot score in the redzone. 

Maybe White and Zach could be better but not under this OC. He needs to be fired tomorrow.

There is literally NOTHING good about a MLF offense. And it is less creative than Gase's was. At least Gase could script the first few plays.

Our QB is probably not on the roster but I can tell you two things:

1. White's performance strengthened the argument to keep Zach as a developmental player

2. The developmental of any QB should never ever be put into MLFs hands again.

White’s performance *today* alone may let you conclude that keeping Zach has merit, but the entire bodies of work of all the QBs suggests that Zach is less than a lost cause. We can agree that LaFleur sucks, but the things that Zach does poorly handicap an offense to wild extremes. I think what we saw from White today was a banged up QB trying to throw the ball away before he gets his chest blown open again. Yes, it was putrid, and White’s resume for the year imploded no matter what he does next week, but it’s revisionist to say that Zach sucks because of the plays being called. You’re talking about a guy whose accuracy *behind the line of scrimmage* was among the worst in all of football. He’s simply a terrible football player. White, physically, is also deeply lacking, but I think the fact that LaFleur pulled out of him what he did is commendable, and not a demerit. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

White’s performance *today* alone may let you conclude that keeping Zach has merit, but the entire bodies of work of all the QBs suggests that Zach is less than a lost cause. We can agree that LaFleur sucks, but the things that Zach does poorly handicap an offense to wild extremes. I think what we saw from White today was a banged up QB trying to throw the ball away before he gets his chest blown open again. Yes, it was putrid, and White’s resume for the year imploded no matter what he does next week, but it’s revisionist to say that Zach sucks because of the plays being called. You’re talking about a guy whose accuracy *behind the line of scrimmage* was among the worst in all of football. He’s simply a terrible football player. White, physically, is also deeply lacking, but I think the fact that LaFleur pulled out of him what he did is commendable, and not a demerit. 

And this isn’t really a defense of LaFleur. You can fire him tomorrow if you want, I don’t care. But if we’re looking to point fingers at coaches, you have to go up top to Saleh. LaFleur works for him, and if he thinks LaFleur is cooking up his QBs, then it’s up to him to get his hands dirty and fix that. If Douglas is forcing Saleh’s hand and making them push Zach out there, it’s up to Saleh to defend his locker room from outside, political interference. Firing LaFleur is a scapegoating move. The whole team nosedived down the stretch. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And this isn’t really a defense of LaFleur. You can fire him tomorrow if you want, I don’t care. But if we’re looking to point fingers at coaches, you have to go up top to Saleh. LaFleur works for him, and if he thinks LaFleur is cooking up his QBs, then it’s up to him to get his hands dirty and fix that. If Douglas is forcing Saleh’s hand and making them push Zach out there, it’s up to Saleh to defend his locker room from outside, political interference. Firing LaFleur is a scapegoating move. The whole team nosedived down the stretch. 

I am completely OK firing the entire staff in 8 days. MLF MUST go though. Saleh might refuse which could lead to him getting fired as well. It would be utterly shocking if both got a pass from Woody especially on a day the Giants made the playoffs and we looked like a training camp squad.

Just now, johnnysd said:

I am completely OK firing the entire staff in 8 days. MLF MUST go though. Saleh might refuse which could lead to him getting fired as well. It would be utterly shocking if both got a pass from Woody especially on a day the Giants made the playoffs and we looked like a training camp squad.

The problem with this is that Douglas has to go to Woody and explain that he wants to fire a coach that Woody still has to pay, and somebody is going to pull out the receipts for Woody and tell him that nobody could win with those QBs and then it comes back on Douglas for ******* up the QBs…and this is all before Douglas has to beg Woody for $80 to $120 million to sign Carr or Garoppolo. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

the-office-steve-carell.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this is that Douglas has to go to Woody and explain that he wants to fire a coach that Woody still has to pay, and somebody is going to pull out the receipts for Woody and tell him that nobody could win with those QBs and then it comes back on Douglas for ******* up the QBs…and this is all before Douglas has to beg Woody for $80 to $120 million to sign Carr or Garoppolo. 

Well I don't see it as Douglas going to Woody and asking to fire Saleh, I actually think it might be Woody going to JD and saying he has to fire MLF and Saleh. I also do not think we are going to sign Carr or Garappolo . Not something you do if you are bring in a new regime. Just don't see it. If I were Woody I might consider firing Saleh and MLF tonight just to save the team from putting our young stars at risk.

GMs do not become GMs without being politically savvy.  JD may well need to go to Woody as you suggested if he feels Saleh being fired is already redetermined. 

Well I don't see it as Douglas going to Woody and asking to fire Saleh, I actually think it might be Woody going to JD and saying he has to fire MLF and Saleh. I also do not think we are going to sign Carr or Garappolo . Not something you do if you are bring in a new regime. Just don't see it. If I were Woody I might consider firing Saleh and MLF tonight just to save the team from putting our young stars at risk.

GMs do not become GMs without being politically savvy.  JD may well need to go to Woody as you suggested if he feels Saleh being fired is already redetermined. 

Then you’re in a position where you’re a franchise with no quarterback, sticking a new coach with the GM who left you with no quarterback, both of whom are trying to survive with an owner who’s just spiked two consecutive coaching staffs after two seasons each. 

MLF is a God awful OC. Saleh brought in his buddy and will stick with him till they both get fired. White is a competent QB, but he is a JAG, maybe a JAG+. The Seahawks defense is bottom 5 in the NFL. The offense scored 6 points with a competent QB. The real problem is the coaching staff. Barring getting an all time great QB, changing the QB is not going to fix this diasater of an OC. It may slightly mask how bad he is, but until you bring in real coaches this is what we will continue to deal with, and everyone will continue to blame the QB's, becuase everyone is really dumb

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Then you’re in a position where you’re a franchise with no quarterback, sticking a new coach with the GM who left you with no quarterback, both of whom are trying to survive with an owner who’s just spiked two consecutive coaching staffs after two seasons each. 

Crappy crappy situation. Still need to try and develop Zach

%, He’s a great kid, tough as nails and easy to route for, but he has limited ability…He’s a mid level backup and can win spot starts here and there,but he can’t have a team built around him. I know the ribs played a role in his performance today, but he did play today and was awful. He’s a check down Charlie and can’t go over the top of the defense. His drives seem to take forever and the team seems to never get in the end zone outside of the Bears game. The thing is he’s an UFA, what are the terms he’s seeking? This was essentially a 2 week showcase and part 1 today, No Bueno. His skill set is limited and he needs an O line like Detroit and a defense like SF and he may win, but that’s not realistic. He won the Bears game, provided a bit of a spark, but you can see his skill set being exposed and his play declining. Nice story, but went 1-3 and I think the Jets let him talk, will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A playoff berth would have solved a lot of problems. Team wasn't winning the Super Bowl, but getting in, that's significant and important progress. With a month of chances to get in the playoffs, Saleh's team never grabbed the brass ring. Be that Berrios dropping a TD in Minnesota, not making plays vs. the Bills,  the 4th quarter of the Lions game, the disaster vs. Jax, or today, same theme, over and over; somebody, anybody, make a play. Any coach, make a difference. And given the Giants with arguably a weaker roster managed to do that, think causes Saleh some real grief. And that's whether he's canned or retained. Even a football-deficient buffoon like Robert Wood Johnson IV is gonna ask some questions and the answers aren't good. 

34 minutes ago, Bugg said:

A playoff berth would have solved a lot of problems. Team wasn't winning the Super Bowl, but getting in, that's significant and important progress. With a month of chances to get in the playoffs, Saleh's team never grabbed the brass ring. Be that Berrios dropping a TD in Minnesota, not making plays vs. the Bills,  the 4th quarter of the Lions game, the disaster vs. Jax, or today, same theme, over and over; somebody, anybody, make a play. Any coach, make a difference. And given the Giants with arguably a weaker roster managed to do that, think causes Saleh some real grief. And that's whether he's canned or retained. Even a football-deficient buffoon like Robert Wood Johnson IV is gonna ask some questions and the answers aren't good. 

The answer is very simple: JD whiffed hilariously on his #2 overall QB pick. That’s it. Period.