Leftwich Fired

LockeJET

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

But not bowles? Strange.

probably dont want to make Brady mad especially since he hasnt decided to come back. new HC might influence that plus he gave Bowles a lot of praise when they hired him. now if Brady stays he can pick the OC he wants. 

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Leftwich is one of the more intriguing names out there.  Just a couple years ago he was the hot name.

everyone wants an experienced OC right!?

yeah but if you got fired with TB12 as your QB then how are you going to do with Zach, White, Minchew or Brissett? 

yeah i want experience but i want a guy who got fired a few years ago and then worked as a QB coach or a passing/running game coordinator. give the guy a few years to learn so new things before you make him an OC again.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Leftwich is one of the more intriguing names out there.  Just a couple years ago he was the hot name.

everyone wants an experienced OC right!?

He’s not at all. The Bucs were awful all around but their offense was especially hard to watch. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah but if you got fired with TB12 as your QB then how are you going to do with Zach, White, Minchew or Brissett? 

yeah i want experience but i want a guy who got fired a few years ago and then worked as a QB coach or a passing/running game coordinator. give the guy a few years to learn so new things before you make him an OC again.

Did Leftwich fail Brady? I think it was the other way around. Brady was terrible this season

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Despite the Jets fans thought process, coaching matters, a ton

I watched pretty much every Bucs game. They are the worst coached team in the league. Leftwich had no business being an OC. Keeping Bowles is also a huge mistake. If you want to kill Brady for anything it should be for forcing Arians out.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

What about when he was the OC when they won the SB?  Did he have business being one then?  

Arians. The drop off from BA to this staff was massive. Leftwich was going to get fired midseason (for good reason) but Bowles convinced Licht to keep him on. 

• Upvote 1