What Does Signing Derek Carr Bring To The Table?

SoFlaJets

9 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Don't think the Jets are  getting Carr #1he chooses where he wants to go it won't be the Jets#2 Jets are less then 7 million under the cap with them needing to resign Huff,  QW maybe his brother at LB plus McGovern or a replacement for center. My prediction they sign Minshew, Brisset or Baker Mayfield try to fix Zach that is the reality. Even cutting players like Carl Lawson won't clear enough cap space for Carr and resigning those players to keep the team together. Think fans will be disappointed. 

Woody’s already said he’s willing to spend on a QB thinks the present team has the defense to win. If Jets do sign a vet QB on a higher level like Carr I don’t see them retaining Zach maybe re-signing White. I guess it depends on if a market for Zach can they get something back for him. 

There’s so much to consider here.  NY is a tough market to play in.  Whoever the Jets bring in to play QB, he should want to play here, and have the mental toughness to play in New York.  Douglas and Co. needs to do their due diligence when making this decision.  

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I’m all for signing him but not for 40 million. 

Who CARES how much of Woody Johnson's money it costs he's paying BYU 10 million to sit on the bench and pretending that he knows what he's watching and besides, where did this 40 million dollar price come from? The same place as Derek Carr's inability to play in cold weather-not that it even gets cold in NJ in the winter anymore. How much snow have you guys had this year? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Why not?

The Top 6-8 guys in the league are getting $50+ million a year.

Carr is in the class just below that with guys like Prescott, Cousins, and Tannehill.

Good, quality QB’s make big money. It’s just the way it is.

How anyone could have any faith in this team hitting on some kid in the draft is beyond me. I’m through with that for the time being.

So go get a good veteran with a track record.

That’s Carr

i would be very surprised if Carr gets a penny less than $40 million.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Woody’s already said he’s willing to spend on a QB thinks the present team has the defense to win. If Jets do sign a vet QB on a higher level like Carr I don’t see them retaining Zach maybe re-signing White. I guess it depends on if a market for Zach can they get something back for him. 

Doesn't matter what Woody is willing to spend Carr has the control to allow Raiders to trade him to where he wants to go I really don't believe he will come to the Jets this franchise is dysfunctional  think somebody like mishew or Baker or Brisset who want a opportunity to be starter will come here. Several teams will being vying for Carr he will get the final choice. Not to mention where is Woody getting the cap space without weakening the entire roster . Yes you can find the money but you better be willing to sacrifice Huff, Quinton Williams , need a center whether you sign McGovern or replace him the OL itself will need depth. Have to look at the whole picture.

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Re-work what deal?  Only way Carr ends up here is after getting cut and if we offer him the most money.  If he doesn't get cut he isn't likely coming here at all because he has a no-trade clause and the Raiders would likely try to trade him to the NFC.

My bad I had just mad a post to someone else that was saying something about the small chance Carr would agree to a trade here for a late rd pick to guarantee jets get him, but jd would want a confirmation that he’s willing to redo contract. 

sorry. 

and yea I agree except I don’t think the “trade players out of conference” is as big a deal as it used to be. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Who CARES how much of Woody Johnson's money it costs he's paying BYU 10 million to sit on the bench and pretending that he knows what he's watching and besides, where did this 40 million dollar price come from? The same place as Derek Carr's inability to play in cold weather-not that it even gets cold in NJ in the winter anymore. How much snow have you guys had this year? 

It’s mid January and it’s almost 50 degrees.  By the time carr finishes his first contract here we will be seeing 70 degrees and sunny on Sunday’s in December 

31 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

It’s mid January and it’s almost 50 degrees.  By the time carr finishes his first contract here we will be seeing 70 degrees and sunny on Sunday’s in December 

I know VJ, also the Jets played in ONE home game at 37°

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Brings a dead end to the table

When you have no ability whatsoever to develop your own QB, aything you do is a dead end. The only question is how long does it take and how agrressively do you come to that dead end.

A guy like Cousins is a slow drawn out dead end with a lot of false hope. Carr would likely be similar just not as drawn out. Rodgers would be much quicker and more abrupt.

If you can't develop your own guy, this is what you are up against, and we cant