Lamar trade talks back on the table?

Rhg1084

16 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

There’s only 3 active QBs in the league who have won superbowls. So by your logic the other 28 are useless 

I said lead to…

Where did I say the others are useless?

All I keep reading about the against Carr is he won’t take the Jets to a SB

I don’t think there is much debate that the Ravens have been a better run organization than the Raiders the past 10+ yrs. 

Harbaugh is regarded one of the better HCs in the league. We know the HC turnover with the Raiders. 

Lamar will not get moved this year.

The more likely surprise move would be Fields getting dealt but it would take major balls for the Bears to do that.

As for Rodgers, to me it is 50/50 jets or the packers, I see no other team at all interested in the player, giving picks and the cost salary wise.

I do think the Packers will be very happy to get rid of him, he is a problem for them and a declining one to boot.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:02 AM, jgb said:

Can’t see a GM who just drafted the OROTY and DROTY in the first round of a single draft giving up 2 (3??) first rounders for Lamar. I don’t think Lamar is even in the discussion TBH.

I suspect you are right but I could see Woody being like - but what about Lamar 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I suspect you are right but I could see Woody being like - but what about Lamar 

If only Larry David was GM. He sent a letter to Woody encouraging him to draft Lamar. Oh, well, hopefully Woody at least gets him to MC the launch party for when we inevitably switch back to the classic unis with the new color scheme. For the life of me I’ll never understand how a team with so many A list celebrity fans decided on JB Smoov. Probably a cheaper appearance fee.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, jgb said:

If only Larry David was GM. He sent a letter to Woody encouraging him to draft Lamar. Oh, well, hopefully Woody at least gets him to MC the launch party for when we inevitably switch back to the classic unis with the new color scheme. For the life of me I’ll never understand how a team with so many A list celebrity fans decided on JB Smoov. Probably a cheaper appearance fee.

I remember that 

Larry David said Macc laughed at him for suggesting Lamar in person 

• Upvote 1

I heard an interesting discussion about Lamar last night on Sirius. The host said the Ravens have no problem paying LJ $50mil per, the issue is he wants the entire contract guaranteed like Watson’s. The Ravens are telling him that deal is an outlier, and no other team would’ve given him that contract besides the Browns.

The feeling among a lot of NFL people is that’s the case and the fact Lamar doesn’t have an agent (who would confirm this to him) is a big problem.

I heard an interesting discussion about Lamar last night on Sirius. The host said the Ravens have no problem paying LJ $50mil per, the issue is he wants the entire contract guaranteed like Watson’s. The Ravens are telling him that deal is an outlier, and no other team would’ve given him that contract besides the Browns.
The feeling among a lot of NFL people is that’s the case and the fact Lamar doesn’t have an agent (who would confirm this to him) is a big problem.
He won't play then . NO team is doing that for a guy that Runs first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

He won't play then . NO team is doing that for a guy that Runs first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

The run first thing is such an outdated reason to say no team will sign him buddy.  In fact quite a few teams are looking for a guy like that, and are willing to revamp their offense around them.

The issue isn’t his style of play, it’s him wanting something that only two players in the entire league have ever had, a fully guaranteed contract. Even Mahomes and Allen don’t.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

The run first thing is such an outdated reason to say no team will sign him buddy.  In fact quite a few teams are looking for a guy like that, and are willing to revamp their offense around them.

The issue isn’t his style of play, it’s him wanting something that only two players in the entire league have ever had, a fully guaranteed contract. Even Mahomes and Allen don’t.

His style of play is definitely a concern.  Running QBs have a history of having a shorter shelf life and he has already had some injuries the last couple years 

Just now, Jets723 said:

His style of play is definitely a concern.  Running QBs have a history of having a shorter shelf life and he has already had some injuries the last couple years 

You’re completely off base here.

We’ve seen studies that show a QB is more likely to be injured in the pocket, or while throwing than when running. In a world where both Hurts and Lamar will be signing $50 mil per year contracts, arguing against signing a “running QB” is foolish.
In fact I’d be willing to bet Lamar, if available would be the top choice of most Jet fans, certainly no worse than second behind a first ballot HOF player.

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

He's never playing for the Ravens again, go get him JD.  This is a no brainer.

Can you find the tweet LJ left the night before last about his situation with the Ravens?

It was very cryptic, but along the lines of “at this point no amount of words will change things now..”

It sounds like he feels the same way.

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Can you find the tweet LJ left the night before last about his situation with the Ravens?

It was very cryptic, but along the lines of “at this point no amount of words will change things now..”

It sounds like he feels the same way.

I dont have the twatter but he posted a bunch of stuff basically saying the Ravens dont appreciate me.  And he's right, they dont, so the Jets should.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

I dont have the twatter but he posted a bunch of stuff basically saying the Ravens dont appreciate me.  And he's right, they dont, so the Jets should.

It’s going to be very interesting to see how the Ravens play this. Lamar isn’t budging on the guaranteed contract, which puts the Ravens on the spot.

If they place the unrestricted tag on him, i don’t think LJ will play, and another team would give them the two #1’s if they use the restricted one… will they be satisfied with that?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

It’s going to be very interesting to see how the Ravens play this. Lamar isn’t budging on the guaranteed contract, which puts the Ravens on the spot.

If they place the unrestricted tag on him, i don’t think LJ will play, and another team would give them the two #1’s if they use the restricted one… will they be satisfied with that?

I think Lamar is willing to sit, hold out, and pay the fines....so not sure they have a choice.  This is the time to do it.  Nobody will trade for him next year, they'll just wait for him to become a FA the following year.  So yeah, it should be more than enough because they're risking getting nothing at all. 

50 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re completely off base here.

We’ve seen studies that show a QB is more likely to be injured in the pocket, or while throwing than when running. In a world where both Hurts and Lamar will be signing $50 mil per year contracts, arguing against signing a “running QB” is foolish.
In fact I’d be willing to bet Lamar, if available would be the top choice of most Jet fans, certainly no worse than second behind a first ballot HOF player.

I respectfully disagree