Super Bowl Game Thread

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Broski, I don't debate that MJ did it for them. I get it. I got my J's too. I just don't need that movie with Mr. Ben Lopez trying to be serious and a story about MJ's mom being king turd and this whole over the top movie. 

GIF by Zack Kantor

No I get it.  I like the premise.  Hate that its Damon & Affleck involved.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

None. They’ve spun themselves into a knot.

Yup.  They have tried to take something that is a subjective judgment call and overlegislate it into an objective call by defining elements of a catch.  Which may make sense when sitting in a conference room discussing the rules, but does not work in practice on the field.

• Upvote 2

The NFL has a serious problem with properly defining and fairly identifying what a “catch” is. Replay has turned many catches into non catches over tiny subtle ball movement, and turned incompletions into catches and fumbles because of how replays slows time and gives a false impression of what happened and how fast it happened. Result is huge variability in calls.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Man. Hurts went from looking lost early in the NFL to consistently making all pro throws. 

Unbelievable this quarter. 

I don't know if I have ever been as wrong about a player as I was about Hurts.  Which is saying a lot because I have been wrong about a ton of players.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1