Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Axel Foley said:

He doesn’t want that smoke.

I realized that weeks ago. I predicted Carr to the Saints, Rodgers to GB or retiring, Jets with QB dicks in their hands momentarily. Which isn’t a bad place to be. Jimmy G is damn serviceable if choke prone. And the Jets roster ain’t half bad. 

Rodgers doesn’t want that smoke of being a NY Jets QB. He’s a narcissist through and through. He wants to be known only as a god. He’s used to being adored at the altar. Rightly so, he’s maybe the best who’s ever done it  

He never wanted the Jets job.

Eric Wareheim Mind Blown GIF by Tim and Eric

7 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

Same here. If it you don't know at this point of you want to play or retire that's a huge problem. I think he walks away. 

We don’t want him here if he’s not all in. Which as time goes on seems more likely. He wasn’t all in last yr, skipping lot  of season workouts, not making things work with receivers. That is main reason why GB wants to move on from him. 

I think he wants to play, and not give up over 100 million. I think it’s clear he would rather stay where he played his entire career. Not like he is out there demanding a trade. If I’m the jets I’d be all in on jimmy G if by Monday Aaron can’t make up his mind.  If raiders go qb in draft, jimmy G has limited places he can go to. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yeah just saw this. There is something happening he is keeping close to the vest. He is not retiring. He obviously knows the answer but cannot say. I think it happens tomorrow night. He’s a Jet but maybe only for one year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Longer clip of that interview.  Did Rodgers just suggest he's coming here for one year?

He literally said it. Not just suggest. Whether that means literally just one year.... 

Just now, Warfish said:

"Not if you only play one year". - A.Rodgers

Meh.  2 years min. or gtfo.

At least it'll be a entertaining year I suppose, good or bad, lol.

I think that little clip was as close to an admission as to whether he's coming or not as we are ever going to get. And it looks like an admission he's coming for one year to me. Agree it should be 2+ minimum. But dude seems v genuine and likeable 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At least it'll be an entertaining year I suppose, good or bad, lol.

Have a feeling Rodgers thought Marshall played 1-year. So he said what he said.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think he plays more then 1 but he just wants the ability to hold our collective d*cks to the fire next offseason 

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I've been expecting one year all along.  Maybe he does more than that if they win a ring in year 1 and he wants to run it back,.

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I think he plays more then 1 but he just wants the ability to hold our collective d*cks to the fire next offseason 

He wouldn't have to play games for that.  He'd just have to ask.

• Haha 1

Just now, AFJF said:

I've been expecting one year all along.  Maybe he does more than that if they win a ring in year 1 and he wants to run it back,.

It seems to be all about relationships with him tbh. I think it will all depend on the kind of family and connection that develops with the team and staff as a whole 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, TommyT said:

Have a feeling Rodgers thought Marshall played 1-year. So he said what he said.

Had that thought as well but he does say it in response to Marshall saying "You can be an all-time Jet".

It's possible he thought Marshall meant himself and their wires got crossed as they talked over each other a little bit.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

He really just wants to copy Brett Farve. Play for jets 1 yr after being forced out of Green Bay, then go to Vikings when they kick Kirk cousins to curb lol 

• Haha 2