Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Ron Rico said:

I don't think we're screwed. What does "screwed" look like? Last season. 

There's a few FA QB that can get the Jets 10 or 11 wins this coming season. 

Yep, just none our currently on the roster. I still think it’s Rodgers, just think this waiting is much harder on those that don’t know and of course media plays on that. This deal was likely done when they were in California. Just they aren’t in as big a hurry to tell us as we are to know. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SoJetsy said:

Screw Sharon Rogers, get Lamar in here and let’s go!

I’d love LaMar but regardless of what everyone thinks is the issue with him it’s very likely not having an agent. Good reason why those guys make the money they do. I’m sure his Mom has his best interest in mind but seemingly not going about it the right way. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Still think he's on some high level trolling.   If he retires after all this he'd be loathed by every jet fan and would be screwing over his great friend in Hackett. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already told JD he's in a couple days ago and wanted to see if it would be leaked. 

Why would he do that?

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How funny would it be if we acquired both (in addition to Nathaniel Hackett) and then Rodgers decides not to come here!  

If they start doing that it’s a stronger indicator it’s a stronger indicator it’s a fine desk as opposed to an episode of Punk’d. Hopefully any ways. 

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Still think he's on some high level trolling.   If he retires after all this he'd be loathed by every jet fan and would be screwing over his great friend in Hackett. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already told JD he's in a couple days ago and wanted to see if it would be leaked. 

I’m hoping this is it because if not, damn it says a lot about just the simple common sense skills of this org

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I believe it ends up some form of accelerated cap hit, too.

Neither team wants Rodgers to retire, that's for sure. 

As painful as it'll be to watch the Jets next year without him, I almost want him to retire for the entertainment value.  

• Haha 1

@Jetsfan80

Let’s say Rodgers decides to retire, but doesn’t want to lose the entire 58 mil he has coming this season.

He knows the Packers would like to move on to Jordan Love, could they work out some type of financial settlement where they lessen their cap hit, and Rodgers rides off into the sunset with a saddlebag full of cash?

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Jetsfan80

Let’s say Rodgers decides to retire, but doesn’t want to lose the entire 58 mil he has coming this season.

He knows the Packers would like to move on to Jordan Love, could they work out some type of financial settlement where they lessen their cap hit, and Rodgers rides off into the sunset with a saddlebag full of cash?

Would he go into the HOF as a Jet?

• Haha 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

You're a little too wound up, even for a potato.  :)

Rodgers is coming.

Agree. But regardless, your scenario is to Jetsy to be funny. I definitely am feeling my usual Monday crankiness with the added dimension of the time change. I'm over waiting. Time to roll.

• Haha 2

Only thing that makes sense to me at this stage is he has told our FO that he will join them (just stay quiet on it). And he's on purpose waiting until the last minute just to screw with GB one last time. Still pissed at them for drafting Love and trading Adams. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Only thing that makes sense to me at this stage is he has told our FO that he will join them (just stay quiet on it). And he's on purpose waiting until the last minute just to screw with GB one last time. Still pissed at them for drafting Love and trading Adams. 

I’m going with “he hasn’t decided yet.”