Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Jolot said:

Possibly, but I’m going to enjoy it while it lasts ..why worry about 12-24 months from now ? Kind of like the Mets signing Justin Verlander 

If rodgers walks away after next season. We only have to start and play all year Zach Wilson. Then we will be guaranteed a top 5 draft pick for 2024 with a better class than this yr I would think..

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If this were most people/athletes and I’d agree.  I truly believe that Aaron really doesn’t care about what people think about him or what he does, nor do I believe that he would let their opinions weigh on his mind and alter his play.

I want to learn how to give zero f*cks the way he does, lol.  I guess it’s time to start doing DMT, vomiting, and coffee enemas.

He clearly gives all the ****s.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is 100% what’s going to happen

I think there is a good chance we get 2 years out of Aaron, but 1 wouldn’t surprise or upset me.  Next years QB class is looking very good.  Long term is still on the minds of the Jets collectives.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t know, you’d have to ask Aaron that.  He’s pretty vocal about not caring what outsiders think about him or how he operates.

I don’t think it’s a surprise that most players aren’t too fond of Schefter or Rappaport either.  There is plenty of evidence to support that.

That's fine but I hope Aaron realizes this,  he can write a long love letter to packer fans on Instagram or let wingo announce it or go on macafee and announce it.  Probably a whopping minute later schefter and rappaport and all the insiders will have their tweets out announcing it as per aaron rodgers.  And they all have a FAR wider reach than he does.  95% of the people will hear it from the insiders anyway.

If rodgers walks away after next season. We only have to start and play all year Zach Wilson. Then we will be guaranteed a top 5 draft pick for 2024 with a better class than this yr I would think..
Hahahahaha haha ha ha ha ha

9a8eff0644a7df3cc6b9074d5856a7df.gifa1ed25e1de39a966be97b5ef15c22a1a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think there is a good chance we get 2 years out of Aaron, but 1 wouldn’t surprise or upset me.  Next years QB class is looking very good.  Long term is still on the minds of the Jets collectives.

Did they learn enough from Wilson to write a book about how not to select, draft, and develop a young quarterback?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The pick after the Wilson year in that scenario would be in 2025.

This entire thing is just needless BS. This is what you get with this guy.  You lie down with dogs and you get fleas.  He's an A$$ho*#.  I don't see the point of what he is doing other than to be a egotistical SOB.  He is making Brett Favre look like a stand up guy, and that's hard to do.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this trade going well for the Jets.  I think we will get a declining old QB who plays uninspired mediocre football for one season and then leaves. And the Jets will give up too much for that one season. That's my prediction.  Unlike others on this board, I'll gladly be wrong and take a successful season vs being able to say I told you so, but I didn't like Rodgers or the trade back in January and I am liking it a hell of a lot less after the past week culminating in today's ridiculous drama.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I guess. I’m not sure how we get ahold of a QB next year when the consensus worst-case scenario is that we’ll be picking like 28th, but I guess we cross that bridge when we come to it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Can't wait to see his interview on RealTruthMattersOnlyForRealTruthTellers after the Post runs their first unflattering caricature of him after week 4.

If the biggest concern about the next Jets QB is him being mean to he media, sign me the f**k up.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That's fine but I hope Aaron realizes this,  he can write a long love letter to packer fans on Instagram or let wingo announce it or go on macafee and announce it.  Probably a whopping minute later schefter and rappaport and all the insiders will have their tweets out announcing it as per aaron rodgers.  And they all have a FAR wider reach than he does.  95% of the people will hear it from the insiders anyway.

Hey man, I get it.  He’s a weird dude though, I fully acknowledge that.  This is just how I view the whole situation.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I guess. I’m not sure how we get ahold of a QB next year when the consensus worst-case scenario is that we’ll be picking like 28th, but I guess we cross that bridge when we come to it.

Need to proactively go get another 2024 first rounder.

Quinnen Williams, pack your bags....

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Pleeeeenty of time to figure that out.  Lots of ways to navigate that but, like you said, we’ll cross that bridge once we get there.

• Upvote 2