Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  He bailed, dude.  In the most obvious of ways.  Lamar is all about Lamr as much as anuy other NFL QB is about himself.  Lamar's lack of effort because he was unhappy w/contract situation is a very bad sign.  Teammates protecting him with those comments are not exactly credible.

Yes, I know.  Played 12 games, had his team in 1st place, MVP race, etc etc etc and then he got bored and decided, I'm good, I'm bored! 

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

If he comes here it's because he will have a renewed vigor to win a championship. He will see it as an opportunity to get on a team with a really good defense who just needs a qb and some small upgrades to bring the offense to a point where he has a good chance at it. 

You actually believe his?  He's currently, apparently, prioritizing trolling insiders over letting the Jets know his decision and essentially preventing them from doing anything.  I mean...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

I've always liked Shefter.  It's Rappaport who's been a schmuck for many, many years.

I have a natural bias against reporters who depend on inside information.  They tend to have confirmational bias toward the people who are feeding them information.   They aren't unbiased reporters.  They're tools.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Selfishly not playing at 100% to prevent Love from getting on the field?  We killed Favre for this when he was here.

Lamar was injured.  The narrative that he could have played through it is silly.  Plenty of teammates and his coaching staff said the knee was still swollen and unstable....but it shouldnt have matter, he sucks, remember?

Are you really gonna whine incessantly because we didn’t pursue Jackson? I thought you were in on Rodgers, like, a few days ago? 

I understand you love Lamar, and feel he’s being treated unjustly, but there are a ton of factors involved with him not getting any traction to this point - starting with the fact that no one’s allowed to talk to him until tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You actually believe his?  He's currently, apparently, prioritizing trolling insiders over letting the Jets know his decision and essentially preventing them from doing anything.  I mean...

Of all the goofball simping and mythmaking in this thread, nothing is funnier than the idea that a guy who spent 18 seasons with one of the best organizations in sports will join a franchise owned by Woody Johnson and coached by Robert Saleh and say “man, this is where I belonged the whole time!”

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, slats said:

Are you really gonna whine incessantly because we didn’t pursue Jackson? I thought you were in on Rodgers, like, a few days ago? 

I understand you love Lamar, and feel he’s being treated unjustly, but there are a ton of factors involved with him not getting any traction to this point - starting with the fact that no one’s allowed to talk to him until tomorrow. 

Whining?  I'm responding to a post, I didnt bring up Lamar.  I commented on Rodgers and people responded w/ Lamar takes.  gfy

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Favre has a lot of odious traits, but no one has ever questioned his toughness. 

Jets fans circa 2008 - That bastard ruined our season playing through injury.

Jets fans today - Yo!  Did you see Rodgers play through injury last season!?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Whining?  I'm responding to a post, I didnt bring up Lamar.  I commented on Rodgers and people responded w/ Lamar takes.  gfy

Lol, whatever, Buddy. Panties are seeming awfully knotted over there. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

This has taken on the air of Andy Kaufman-like performance art. Which is typical of the Jets. Why sign a regular QB like Carr or Garapolo for 3-5 years when you could have this Dead concert/podcast/freakshow. 

Might get a year or 2 of decent QBing. But could also have Rodgers say eff this, I'm going to smoke dope in a cave and bang actresses until Canton calls rather than deal with this horror show. This entire thing is crazy and typical of Robert Wood Johnson IV being the dumbest and worst owner in all of pro sports, Dan Snyder and who ever is making a mess of the Philadelphia Flyers(which as a Rangers fan I heartily endorse, but I digress) included. 

Well said. Why deviate from wisely building a perennial contender when you can risk it all on a self centered, narcissist diva. This is all a result of the Zach fiasco, the gift that keeps on giving. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s be real here: at least Rodgers got on the field and battled through injury. Lamar straight up tanked the Ravens season.

Yes he did and MANY Ravens fans agree.  I have several Ravens fans friends for the longest time.  

Lamar tanked it. Period.  Was there an injury? Yes.  Could he have played (and played well) with minimal additional risk?  Put it this way...  had a contract already been worked out, #8 would have been the first one out on the field in last year's playoffs.  I'll lean in favor of how Ravens' fans feel about it.  At least they are not biased due to the outbreak of lamarcuckitis on this Jets board.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Axel Foley said:

Well said. Why deviate from wisely building a perennial contender when you can risk it all on a self centered, narcissist diva. This is all a result of the Zach fiasco, the gift that keeps on giving. 

You mean a football team reacting to a personnel decision that didn't work out? Yeah, that never happens.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yes he did and MANY Ravens fans agree.  I have several Ravens fans friends for the longest time.  

Lamar tanked it. Period.  Was there an injury? Yes.  Could he have played (and played well) with minimal additional risk?  Put it this way...  had a contract already been worked out, #8 would have been the first one out on the field in last year's playoffs.  I'll lean in favor of how Ravens' fans feel about it.  At least they are not biased due to the outbreak of lamarcuckitis on this Jets board.

Why should Lamar who doesn't have a long term deal and would be thrown to the curb if he got seriously hurt put him self at risk?  Rodgers was under contract with big guarantees. 

The big issue with calling out Lamar for not playing is he didn't have a long term contract with guarantees.