Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The media controls the minds of the population in most situations

Lamar is a great example of how many people just regurgitate the talking points from the idiot box: the talk about his lack of a agent, him “quitting on his team” etc. 

I don't know about that.

There seems to be more people spewing conspiracy theories and collusion narratives then there are people that acknowledge the reality.

He does, in fact, not have an agent - that is not spewing media reports.  

Had he had an agent this wouldn't be happening simply because the agent would have spoken to all of his potential suitors and explained to him his actual market.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Watch them sign Lazard, Cobb, Mercedes Lewis, trade for Bakhtiari only for Rodgers to call them a month from now to let them know he wants to return to the Packers.

Why don’t we bring in Airbud, Radio and Boobie miles while we at it 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When Huff hit Allen, there was 1:36 left in the game and the Bills had no timeouts. Huff's hit was the fifth sack of the game for the Jets, who had also picked off Allen twice. The Jets were not a good team last year, but the idea that they somehow lucked into that Bills win is insane.

If all bit is doing is trying to suggest Zach Wilson didn't win the Jets that game, I dunno who he's trying to convince.  Only @Dunnie and maybe 3 others think Zach "won" that game.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Nothing is official till it's official.  They were talking w/ Carr too, no 

Things sure seem to be calm on 1 Jets Drive right now for a deal that is far from "official", wouldn't you say?  Sounds like a lot of business as usual stuff going on for a team who is pretty confident in their QB situation.  No other QB visits.  Contract restructuring/minor extensions and such going on.  Strong rumors of Lazard being a future Jet.

Doesn't seem like a DEFCON 2 situation to me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Things sure seem to be calm on 1 Jets Drive right now for a deal that is far from "official", wouldn't you say?  Sounds like a lot of business as usual stuff going on for a team who is pretty confident in their QB situation.  No other QB visits.  Contract restructuring/minor extensions and such going on.  Strong rumors of Lazard being a future Jet.

Doesn't seem like a DEFCON 2 situation to me.

I was on the fence until you said strong rumors. Then I was in. Strong.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

When Huff hit Allen, there was 1:36 left in the game and the Bills had no timeouts. Huff's hit was the fifth sack of the game for the Jets, who had also picked off Allen twice. The Jets were not a good team last year, but the idea that they somehow lucked into that Bills win is insane.

Eh, with a decent QB, the Jets were a good team and would have been a playoff team.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know about that.

There seems to be more people spewing conspiracy theories and collusion narratives then there are people that acknowledge the reality.

He does, in fact, not have an agent - that is not spewing media reports.  

Had he had an agent this wouldn't be happening simply because the agent would have spoken to all of his potential suitors and explained to him his actual market.

It's not spewing media reports by saying he doesn't have an agent. But because he doesn't have an agent, we are regurgitating all the talking points made by the Baltimore Ravens. Which may or may not even be true. There's nobody to speak for Lamar, because he can't publicly speak for himself.