Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Bucs and Rams had really good NFL HC with a resume of success.  The Jets don’t.  I would feel a lot better about this with an experienced head coach and OC making this decision.  

The same can be said for making the decision to move on from Sam and drafting Zach.  We don’t have top people in place to really make an informed judgement.   We have Bob Saleh and Rodgers lap dog.

Agreed about Saleh, but he's done a good job with the defense. The idea would be that Rodgers basically runs the offense. 

I worry about Saleh for a variety of reasons, but he's not stopping me from upgrading QB1 if the price is reasonable. 

23 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That's an excuse to stop making sense?  bah. It's bitterness more than sadness. 

I'm not making excuses 

People asked what happened 

Somewhere along the way losing became winning around here everyone all happy to suck for Sam or tank for Trevor

but I never subscribed to this 

Losing creates a culture of losing. There is no single player that can save a franchise 

Not Trevor not Sam and not even Rodgers 

The only way to win is by building a program. Over decades like Pittsburgh or these other top franchises. 

The Jets went on a winning streak last year against Skylar Thompson and washed Aaron Rodgers and people mistake that for the team being good 

Theyre not good. They are a last place team who replaced half their coaches. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

it's not hard to believe, hence my point that you have a legitimate argument there - not just one of the bad takes.

do you believe that Woody or JD is driving the Rodgers bus?

who do you want them to bring in to be a GM?

Douglas looks uncomfortable with the entire process.  This has Woodys finger prints all over it.   Douglas seems okay to me.  He made a bad choice with Zach and he might not have made it with a top HC from the O side of the ball.   

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I don’t think it’s controversial to say/think that the trade for Rodgers won’t work out.

New city, new franchise, new teammates, approaching 40 years old, just had his worst statistical season since his rookie year, and uncertain if he wants to continue playing football. The red flags are there for those that choose to see them.

I’m going to (try to) look at the Rodgers acquisition as making the 2023 Jets entertaining to watch. But the odds are this turns out poorly. 

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Douglas looks uncomfortable with the entire process.  This has Woodys finger prints all over it.   Douglas seems okay to me.  He made a bad choice with Zach and he might not have made it with a top HC from the O side of the ball.   

What?  He looks confident. But whatever

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

I'm not making excuses 

Somewhere along the way losing became winning around here everyone all happy to suck for Sam or tank for Trevor

Losing creates a culture of losing. There is no single player that can save a franchise 

The only way to win is by building a program. Over decades like Pittsburgh or these other top franchises. 

The Jets went on a winning streak last year against Skylar Thompson and washed Aaron Rodgers and people mistake that for the team being good 

You seem to be all over the place here, but one common theme seems to be that you continually ignore or downplay anything remotely positive.  The fact is Joe Douglas brought in 3 of the best rookies in the entire sport last year. You have another draft half as good as that one - and you are building a "program." The team was in the playoff hunt until the final weeks of the season with Zach Wilson, Mike White, and Joe Flacco at QB playing behind an injury-ravaged OL. That is progress. The fact that Aaron Rodgers has agreed to come here is, in and of itself, progress. 

Meanwhile, you have this inflated sense of being right all the time. If memory serves, you had the jets winning 3 or 4 games last year. I had them at 7-10. Who was being more realistic? Who was really out to lunch? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not making excuses 

most people don't give up hope in March.  

we had fun/good times until Dec this past year.  that's the latest it's been in a while.

58 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Trevor Lawrence as an individual is uniquely unprepared for heathen life in NY/NJ

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's hypothesis and therefore impossible to prove 

that is the lamest of lame cop-outs.

you haven't provided one iota of explanation why trevor lawrence as an individual would be uniquely unprepared to play/succeed for the jets.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm not making excuses 

Finding a QB is what can save a franchise.  We're talking about the Jaguars here, dude.  The Jaguars.  You know, that historically elite model of consistency that seemingly overnight has an elite QB/HC pair in Lawrence/Pederson?

And Sam Darnold is not Trevor Lawrence, neither when they were prospects or what they look like in the pros.  Never mention those 2 in the same breath again.

14 hours ago, GreenFish said:

I legit saw one of their fans say, start at 2 1st and after the Jets counter, settle on pick #13 and Garrett Wilson. I nearly chocked when I read that.

GB fans are going to be a little volatile for a few weeks.

yeah every time i read things liek that, the person is convinced it is fair. Like we are just gfoing to get some stuf for our trash. really we are going to trade away G wilson the one good WR we have had since marshal and a 1st rounder for 60 million dollar aaron rogers who might only play one season. It is crazy. people believe crazy shi

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Rodgers' cap hit this year - if his contract is untouched & made no more team-friendly - is $1.5MM more than Brady's was in his first year in Tampa. A year later it's a still very-manageable $32MM when the team will have in excess of $50MM of cap space even with the hit. It's a non-factor for a 2-year run. 

I noticed you didn't say anything about what happens after that 

1 hour ago, jetblue95 said:

that is the lamest of lame cop-outs.

you haven't provided one iota of explanation why trevor lawrence as an individual would be uniquely unprepared to play/succeed for the jets.

Why do I have to show my work when no one else does? 

I'll explain why Trevor Lawrence wouldn't be good in NY when you all explain why 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers is worth 50 per

5 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If we brought Revis back & he survived, so will Rodgers in GB. Favre also had no issues and he was worse in his behavior at the end.

Packers need him more than he needs them

The grave yard is full of people that thought they couldn’t be replaced

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'll explain why Trevor Lawrence wouldn't be good in NY when you all explain why 39-year-old Aaron Rodgers is worth 50 per

Because a 38 year old Rodgers was an MVP. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

I'm not making excuses 

Kill me. I beg you. 

I’m still not sure why we’re all so convinced that one tweet from this Johnson guy (and nobody else that I know of) has solved the mystery of what this deal will be, but if by some strange turn of events he’s solved this?

I’m okay with this package. It seems a good portion of fans for either team are botb happy and upset about it, so that means it’s fair and reasonable.

We should all be past the point of “is Rodgers worth it” because it really doesn’t matter what we think, the die has been cast. Let’s sit back and hopefully watch the best two years of QB play, and football we’ve seen in how many years?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m still not sure why we’re all so convinced that one tweet from this Johnson guy (and nobody else that I know of) has solved the mystery of what this deal will be, but if by some strange turn of events he’s solved this?

I’m okay with this package. It seems a good portion of fans for either team are either happy or upset about it, so that means it’s fair and reasonable.

We should all be past the point of “is Rodgers worth it” because it really doesn’t matter what we think, the die has been cast. Let’s sit back and hopefully watch the best two years of QB play, and football we’ve seen in how many years?

I tend to agree. Why are we listening to this guy that isn’t reliable from yahoo sports?

Nit me saying that the trade won’t be perhaps something similar…. But there’s no reason to take what this 1 person said and say that’s the base of the deal.

44 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I noticed you didn't say anything about what happens after that 

He’ll either continue playing or they’ll move onto the next QB. Shot taken while elite, cheap young talent is still cheap. That’s the time a team can splurge where they’re most packing elsewhere.

But you keep worrying about Woody Johnson’s cash outlay, when the Jets are in excellent cap shape, on top of the reality that the cap ceiling is about to take a 2x higher rise than usual next year alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

More past tense Rodgers  speaking ??

Had no issues with GB pre this trade. But man do I hope they go in QB hell for years after this trade. How the fans act toward AR is awful. I know he hasn’t been the most upstanding guy with them. But guys like Gute, Murphy and all likely don’t even have jobs anymore if AR hasn’t consistently won games like he has for 15 years. The lack of respect toward him besides MLF is embarrassing for the organization.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

You’ve made up this wacky boogeyman that somehow Lawrence would have to attend cocktail parties on the upper west side and not be playing in front of Jets fans from Long Island  or Fireman Ed