Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

That should be an amazing trip, I wish you the very best of times my friend!  Take pictures!

Here is one from my recent trip to Ireland (just got back actually):

IrishValley.thumb.jpg.0fff20854f8e47912197477a68b7aba9.jpg

Was in Ireland last June. Going to London & Paris this summer with family. Celebrating twins college graduation. Back to Marseille at end of summer for nephew’s wedding 

• Upvote 3

49 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

It actually stopped raining long enough to take a photo? This has been one of the wettest March's here in Ireland in recent times. 

Hope you were able to grab a Guinness, or two, when taking shelter from the rain. 

A Guinness, a Middleton Very Rare or three, a Redbreast, a Green Spot, oh aye, I enjoyed the full fruits of my heritages alcoholic production! :)

Food was great too, honestly, several amazing places in Dublin.

But aye, it was pretty much cool, overcast and drizzly all week.  But I expected that honestly.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A Guinness, a Middleton Very Rare or three, a Redbreast, a Green Spot, oh aye, I enjoyed the full fruits of my heritages alcoholic production! :)

Food was great too, honestly, several amazing places in Dublin.

But aye, it was pretty much cool, overcast and drizzly all week.  But I expected that honestly.

The day we went to Cliffs of Moor it was really overcast. That was a shame. Hit many of the coastline towns…. Lovely

Dublin was crowded as the Pride Parade was rocking at full tilt

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed! Absolutely beautiful along the coast and the food was out of this world.

Wife and I are doing the Greek Islands next year for our 25th anniversary. 

Bucket List- Tahiti and an over-water bungalow.

GREEK ISLANDS !!! SO JEALOUS ... we did greek islands and rome about a decade ago ... my favorite vacation of all time. Here are a couple snaps for you.  Enjoy and escape !!! Yes that is the back of my ugly head. Greek Island nightlife ... unmatched.

igMTuhFYqs3hqVOVn_wwjJYeRgMRBR4sewu9ZlL8

tMU1T1-XtlL9SczrJ0S6Q_ruzEboN7de3p_7JMzSVe7SwwkfBsEkMev0k2VLZCNgt7x-XY8OsgglSwfF

Pbf0jB_ZIhwrL_9ArW41rLXc6_k3FLWh3iu3y8gc

Edited by Dunnie
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, ptisme said:

Hackett was the genius behind that GB offense.   We looked bland without him last year.   And terrible in the RZ (one of Hacks jobs was RZ coordinator)

You think a broken thumb and no Adams might have had an impact?  Did you watch the Denver O last year?

I remeber when the Packers had Jody Nelson and Donald Driver along with Greg Jennings.  The O didn't look bland.   I don't think Hackett was part of that O?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This thread started at arguing about Aaron, to somehow arguing about the school system at some point, vax conspiracy and now we are talking vacations..

God please get this deal done ASAP ?

Loop Text GIF by xponentialdesign

Nothing but time on our hands. June 2 is a loooong way off.

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

GREEK ISLANDS !!! SO JEALOUS ... we did greek islands and rome about a decade ago ... my favorite vacation of all time. Here are a couple snaps for you.  Enjoy and escape !!! Yes that is the back of my ugly head. Greek Island nightlife ... unmatched.

igMTuhFYqs3hqVOVn_wwjJYeRgMRBR4sewu9ZlL8

tMU1T1-XtlL9SczrJ0S6Q_ruzEboN7de3p_7JMzSVe7SwwkfBsEkMev0k2VLZCNgt7x-XY8OsgglSwfF

Pbf0jB_ZIhwrL_9ArW41rLXc6_k3FLWh3iu3y8gc

Did Rome in 2021. Can't wait to go back!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

It's not 2017 anymore or even 2021 

Aaron rodgers is in a sharp decline 

Hard to know?  He could be in decline and still have a great bounce back year at 40.  He had a great 2021.  He hasn't been great in the playoffs.  He was 4 and 1 in the playoffs early in his carreer and since the SB 4 and 0 run he's 7 and 9 since.  11 and 10 for his career.  

The season is 17 games now.  I think it's less of a physical grind because the QB are pretty protected.  It's more of a mental grind.  You're in week 20 if you get out of the 1st round of the playoffs.  

Thumb injuries are tricky.  Warner had ligament damage and it took a few years for him to get back to top form.  Rodgers break might not be an issue at all?  

If he really did want to retire and he's having an FU season to get back at some imagined slight at Green Bay it probably isn't sustainable for an entire year.  

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

In fairness, actual Irish people hold "Irish-Americans", most of whom are now 4th or 5th generations way from Ireland, in equally low regard.  I just got back from Dublin, some funny conversation were had on that front, lol.

The term they use for those distant American cousins is "plastic paddy"

51 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Was in Ireland last June. Going to London & Paris this summer with family. Celebrating twins college graduation. Back to Marseille at end of summer for nephew’s wedding 

Did you happen to see this guy when you were in Ireland ? 

tumblr_omzsb2SqGK1sqf5tdo1_400.gifv

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jetblue95 said:

and i think you are undervaluing the #13 pick in the draft, especially in comparison to a 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd next year.  i will admit i know very little of this year's draft class, but even if there isn't a garrett wilson-like talent at 13, there will be good players, either for the jets, or for joe d to trade down and recoup additional assets.

so to me, speaking from an asset value - the #13 pick this year is worth more than the #42 and a future 2nd which could conditionally change to a 1st (assumedly based on the jets having a good season)

The way I look at the forst round is if you are picking in the top of the first round as we are, you want an impact player. I do not believe this draft has those and it os very possible all 3 QBs become JAG quality. As you probably  guessed I am not loving this draft and rather not make a pick at 13

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

The way I look at the forst round is if you are picking in the top of the first round as we are, you want an impact player. I do not believe this draft has those and it os very possible all 3 QBs become JAG quality. As you probably  guessed I am not loving this draft and rather not make a pick at 13

I think Richardson is the guy for any QB needy team inthis range or earlier.  You got some real good Edge rushers in the top half. But not dropping to 13.

35 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You think a broken thumb and no Adams might have had an impact?  Did you watch the Denver O last year?

I remeber when the Packers had Jody Nelson and Donald Driver along with Greg Jennings.  The O didn't look bland.   I don't think Hackett was part of that O?

Where to start?   First off of course the thumb and offensive line and lack of Adams being there were all huge.  I was referring to okay design.    Jordy and Driver? That was under McCarthy and a completely different offense

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

He is the 3rd best weapon on this team.  2nd best to start the year.  If he isn't a weapon then the Jets have, at most, one.

He is no weapon but has value because of his chemistry with Rodgers.   Otherwise he’s just a guy