Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yeah because the NFL players and media don’t know ARod is an odd duck 

Everyone knows it but the Jets will be the punch line of the joke. I'm telling you, the media will be running with THAT narrative.

They will also be running "the Jets let Carr out of the building when they thought he was a HoF" - if Rodgers doesn't come, that is the lead story because 31 other teams fans will click on it.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you saying the media won't run with this narrative? I agree it's not the truth but it's 100% what the media will do. 

Who knows...but in the end it really makes no difference...Everyone knows the dude loves him some him...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

DAAAAAMN. 

Hopefully this will kick this ego clown to make a decision now 

Oh and everyone wondering why the players were tweeting Aaron this is part of the reason packers tossed him like a rag, gotta make him feel welcomed 

2 minutes ago, Ben Had said:

Who knows...but in the end it really makes no difference...Everyone knows the dude loves him some him...

No, it does make a difference though. The Jets felt the repercussions from Cousins taking less money for years. Barr backed out on us, Hightower did something similar. Then the Colts held our balls to the fire in a trade up.

We are luckier this time around with Douglas drafting but it would be a black eye on the reputation until the Jets win games.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

No, it does make a difference though. The Jets felt the repercussions from Cousins taking less money for years. Barr backed out on us, Hightower did something similar. Then the Colts held our balls to the fire in a trade up.

We are luckier this time around with Douglas drafting but it would be a black eye on the reputation until the Jets win games.

It's not even about winning with the Jets. It's a cultural hate. It's cool to hate on the Jets.

A decade ago, back-to-back AFC title games. What was the Jets' story? Rex Ryan's wife's feet. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Everyone knows it but the Jets will be the punch line of the joke. I'm telling you, the media will be running with THAT narrative.

They will also be running "the Jets let Carr out of the building when they thought he was a HoF" - if Rodgers doesn't come, that is the lead story because 31 other teams fans will click on it.

So what. We all know they will. So they shouldn’t try? We all should be happy that they are trying to get an all time great!  

The players want him. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

No one who knows anything about football, gives a **** about Carr. He is an average QB that was never bringing the Jets past the 1st round of the playoffs. We are trying for the home run. Nothing wrong with that. We miss out and no one can say we didn’t try to get the best that is out there. But Carr is not someone we would be regretting. The overrating of Derek Carr is such a joke. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

No one gives a sh*t about Derek Carr 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty public way of saying “We don’t really want you.”

That chip on Aaron’s shoulder may become the size of a national landmark when he reads this.

This is the most legit news we have heard in 4 days. The Packers don’t want him. We are waiting on Rodgers to either accept the trade or retire. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you saying we were unlucky that we didn't have the pleasure of watching the Kirk Cousins, Anthony Barr, and Todd Bowles era?  Some would call this good luck.

7 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

No one who knows anything about football, gives a **** about Carr. He is an average QB that was never bringing the Jets past the 1st round of the playoffs. We are trying for the home run. Nothing wrong with that. We miss out and no one can say we didn’t try to get the best that is out there. But Carr is not someone we would be regretting. The overrating of Derek Carr is such a joke. 

Again, I agree with you but the media plays to the casual fan, not the knowledgeable one.

This thread is funny. Here’s a fact, not a single reporter knows what the **** is going on. I’ll bet my small wrinkly sack, that nobody on this board knows what’s going on. I don’t think the Jets nor the Packers know what’s going on. 

Stop believing these people with “sources.” I cannot believe how gullible some of you are. Ultimately, I don’t think he’s coming. I feel like he would’ve made his decision already. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

This is the most legit news we have heard in 4 days. The Packers don’t want him. We are waiting on Rodgers to either accept the trade or retire. 

Not really tbh me and many people here was saying this was the case. 

kinda obvious too 

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

Are you saying we were unlucky that we didn't have the pleasure of watching the Kirk Cousins, Anthony Barr, and Todd Bowles era?  Some would call this good luck.

Lol im happy where we are now, but we had to hit reset a 2nd time to get here. That decision 100% impacted our ability to attract talent here and convinced our GM to pony up a ransomed to get to #3. I think we use the term "Jets Tax" for a reason

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Not really tbh me and many people here was saying this was the case. 

kinda obvious too 

Yeah everyone was speculating based upon nothing, but the president of the Packers saying this, makes it real news.