Plan B

Dunnie

If the Rodgers deal blows up I am sure Joe D has a Plan B.   

What do you think it is at this point now that the QB market has dried up considerably.

The way I see it these are the options ...

Stafford if you can pry him loose or any of the remaining dregs. 

So if the Jets end up with Trevor Siemian, [s]Marcus Mariota[/s], Joe Flacco or (insert your favorite backup here) .. Zach will likely be the starter.

Draft a QB ?

Lamar is fantastical nightmarish bad idea and a fantasy held by some ... which is why this could happen. 

What are your thoughts and why ?  Is there an overlooked diamond out there somewhere ?

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Mariota signed with Philly. I don’t see semian  or stafford as viable candidates. The jets will most likely draft a qb ( which I think they’ll do anyway) and then have him compete with Zach and whoever else they might bring to camp. Who knows, maybe Morgan come back. The thing I see is they’ve put together an offensive staff that knows what’s going on. If Zach can be fixed, these guys can do it.  But Rodgers is still in the cards. It’s just going to be a longer waiting period than we hoped.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Mariota signed with Philly. I don’t see semian  or stafford as viable candidates. The jets will most likely draft a qb ( which I think they’ll do anyway) and then have him compete with Zach and whoever else they might bring to camp. Who knows, maybe Morgan come back. The thing I see is they’ve put together an offensive staff that knows what’s going on. If Zach can be fixed, these guys can do it.  But Rodgers is still in the cards. It’s just going to be a longer waiting period than we hoped.

copy that .. i did not see that he had been picked up .. thanks

Just now, Warfish said:

I don’t think there is any chance, as in actual 0%, that the Jets make any action or interest in Lamar Jackson.

I don’t think they’d take a serious run at it, but I think they’d do a performative check-in on the situation that lasts a news cycle. The old “Jets have reached out to” canard.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think they’d take a serious run at it, but I think they’d do a performative check-in on the situation that lasts a news cycle. The old “Jets have reached out to” canard.

I think NY sports media will say it, because they make up a lot of sh*t and/or rely on untrustworthy inside sources.

But no, I don’t ever expect a proforma interest from JD.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’d imagine the draft is plan b.  Trading up top 5 to grab one of stroud, young or levis, whoever’s there.

if they end up with Richardson I’ll be pissed.

Richardson would mean Zach for the next two years ... Id like Tanner McKee in the 2nd round.

Edited by Dunnie
  • More Ugh 1

All the plan B's are gone unless you're signing up for the annual Teddy B. injury or the annual sink w/ Carson Wentz season.

Unfortunately for Jets fans, plan B is Zach Wilson and the even more encouraging part?  He's your QB2 next season as well, so yay!  Zach WIlson.

What they should do is trade Zach for anything, sign one of the terrible veteran back-ups and then draft Anthony Richardson and let him sit behind both QB's to learn and develop until Rodgers retires.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Richardson sit behind Wilson?   hahahahahahahahahaha lmfao

Richardson is the only QB in the draft I see sitting behind him. Perfect landing spot for Richardson ??? Baltimore.

Edited by Dunnie

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

All the plan B's are gone unless you're signing up for the annual Teddy B. injury or the annual sink w/ Carson Wentz season.

Unfortunately for Jets fans, plan B is Zach Wilson and the even more encouraging part?  He's your QB2 next season as well, so yay!  Zach WIlson.

What they should do is trade Zach for anything, sign one of the terrible veteran back-ups and then draft Anthony Richardson and let him sit behind both QB's to learn and develop until Rodgers retires.

They don’t have time to wait on Richardson, and it sounds like Richardson is going top 2 besides

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I think NY sports media will say it, because they make up a lot of sh*t and/or rely on untrustworthy inside sources.

But no, I don’t ever expect a proforma interest from JD.

Hopefully we don’t need to find out, but I have to disagree. They’d absolutely take a pass at it. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They don’t have time to wait on Richardson, and it sounds like Richardson is going top 2 besides

Yes .. this is a better response than mine .. Richardson is the most talented athlete in the draft.  He is a project. Baltimore might make sense where they have already retrofitted their entire team around a running QB.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Teams like the Jets may now look at situations like Purdy and feel they can get good QB play out of 2nd or 3rd day draft picks. Lets be honest, there would have been a lot more cases like Purdy over the past decades, but they get on teams over the years where there is a much higher draft pick that remains ahead of them on the depth chart even if that QB struggles due to draft position. We have seen that in the Jets and other teams. Many college QBs down to the end of round 7 or even undrafted can be coached and have the ability to be pretty good starters especially in such a QB starved league.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

The only apparent option B would be to make an offer to Lamar Jackson that the Ravens would be unlikely to match. I’m thinking a 5 year deal at 250M fully guaranteed. It’s a bold high risk move, but it’s better than Zach Wilson who is clearly not ready for the NFL.

Problem is Ravens had to completely tailor their offense to LJ and that takes time as well as sometimes it may be too difficult for most offensive coaches to do. He likely would be a bad fit here.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, heymangold said:

I’d imagine the draft is plan b.  Trading up top 5 to grab one of stroud, young or levis, whoever’s there.

if they end up with Richardson I’ll be pissed.

If we draft Levis I masticate a box of drywall screws.... I hate him as a prospect more than I can articulate with words... I'd need performative dance to properly get it accross.

mosh GIF