Chuck Clark Injury

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Besides AR getting injured… S is portably the worst papa took we could get an injury bc it’s hands down our weakest unit. Luckily we hurried up and signed Amos. But Amos and Whitehead is still a below average group with no depth. By far the position group that can hinder us this season if we don’t game plan better on defense to hide our Ss coverage weaknesses.

unless you have an ed reed level player in the position safety is one of the least impactful posiitons on a football team 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

unless you have an ed reed level player in the position safety is one of the least impactful posiitons on a football team 

That's a very general statement though. You're taking out what the other personnel is. You honestly think teams aren't going to attack Amos and Whitehead instead of Sauce, Reed and MC2? So your statement is true if it's an average defense and teams aren't trying to avoid arguably the best CB starting unit in the league. But since we have those 3 at CB, you can bet our Ss will be attacked WAY MORE than an average defense.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

If football gods existed, Mahomes would’ve been a Jet. There are no football gods. 

Mahomes would have played behind an awful OL, had Adam Gase as his HC, no Travis Kelcie, no Hill, no Hunt. He would have been better than what we had but not the mega star he has become. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think you know what irony is?

Nope I clearly don’t I guess

but regardless 

watch what you say, we are the New York Jets until proven otherwise. That day will come but it hasn’t yet, kapeesh?

And for clarity because this is sooo hard for some here to grasp: to criticize dont = we want the team to fail and not have success.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, oatmeal said:

Nope I clearly don’t I guess

but regardless 

watch what you say, we are the New York Jets until proven otherwise. That day will come but it hasn’t yet, kapeesh?

And for clarity because this is sooo hard for some here to grasp: to criticize dont = we want the team to fail and not have success.

Enjoy the season!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Mahomes would have played behind an awful OL, had Adam Gase as his HC, no Travis Kelcie, no Hill, no Hunt. He would have been better than what we had but not the mega star he has become. 

And no Andy Reid

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Hate when this happens. Hope it's not serious.

May be an opportunity for the LSU draft pick (Jarrick Bernard-Converse) to get a chance at the position. Also the UDFA from Florida (Trey Dean) gets more of an opportunity.

Also wonder if they will bring Parks back too.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

Hate when this happens. Hope it's not serious.

May be an opportunity for the LSU draft pick (Jarrick Bernard-Converse) to get a chance at the position. Also the UDFA from Florida (Trey Dean) gets more of an opportunity.

Also wonder if they will bring Parks back too.

JBC is someone to keep an eye on, as someone who watches a lot of LSU football imo he was their best and most dependable DB last season. 

• Ugh 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don’t think you know what irony is?

"NY Jets"  irony is special.  Like signing one of the league's "never-injured" iron men and promptly losing him for the season.Maybe it's not irony but instead just an unholy curse.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, viffer said:

The football gods are the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl in over half a century...

I thought it was guys like Idzik, Maccagnan, Gase, Kotite... with a little help from Doug Brien that caused that.

Hardly Football gods.

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That's a very general statement though. You're taking out what the other personnel is. You honestly think teams aren't going to attack Amos and Whitehead instead of Sauce, Reed and MC2? So your statement is true if it's an average defense and teams aren't trying to avoid arguably the best CB starting unit in the league. But since we have those 3 at CB, you can bet our Ss will be attacked WAY MORE than an average defense.

This doesn't change the fact that safety is still one of the least impactful positions on the field

Injuries happen to every team - throughout the year...stop whining. stop blaming it on so called "jinx"

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Colts’ rookie fifth-round pick, safety Daniel Scott, tore his ACL on the last play of OTA’s last week and was placed on the Injured Reserve list today, per source. Scott is now out for the season.

19 hours ago, frankiepapa said:

Had to happen last week... how did this fall through the cracks?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly, wonder if maybe it’s something that he didn’t feel right away? We immediately heard when other players got banged up and had to walk off with trainers. The fact they stated nothing is official and he’s getting a second opinion could be a sliver of hope, overall very odd. 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

When the offense is picking on them. Yes they're impactful; in a negative way.

every team has weaknesses. if your weakness is at safety thats just about the best weakness you can ask for. much easier to work around a weakness at safety as opposed to almost anywhere else

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Besides AR getting injured… S is portably the worst papa took we could get an injury bc it’s hands down our weakest unit. Luckily we hurried up and signed Amos. But Amos and Whitehead is still a below average group with no depth. By far the position group that can hinder us this season if we don’t game plan better on defense to hide our Ss coverage weaknesses.

I don't think I could disagree more.  Our safety group is not that great, but that just means the drop off is not that big a deal.  The difference between Clark and say, Will Parks, is negligible compared to the monumental drop off between even Max Mitchell and Remmers.  As long as we don't lose a stud it will be easy enough to plug somebody in there and I think that Adams is better than people are giving him credit.  We have also cross-trained the corners a ton to play safety, so I think guys like MC2, Guidry, Echols and Moreland will be able to cover some snaps too.  Besides, maybe Pinnock will become available again.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think I could disagree more.  Our safety group is not that great, but that just means the drop off is not that big a deal.  The difference between Clark and say, Will Parks, is negligible compared to the monumental drop off between even Max Mitchell and Remmers.  As long as we don't lose a stud it will be easy enough to plug somebody in there and I think that Adams is better than people are giving him credit.  We have also cross-trained the corners a ton to play safety, so I think guys like MC2, Guidry, Echols and Moreland will be able to cover some snaps too.  Besides, maybe Pinnock will become available again.

I’m not at all saying S is hugely important. In fact I think the opposite. My point is that teams no question will attack our Ss bc of our CB play. It’s by far our biggest weakness starter wise. Which makes any spot you’re getting attacked at that much more of an issue.

Let’s say you have 3 pro bowl OLineman at LT, LG and C. Your RG is below average and so is your RT. Where do you think teams are sending pressure? So on paper your OL looks good bc you have 3 pro bowlers there. But really there’s a big weakness there.

This applies to our defense. Our secondary bc of Sauce, Reed and MC2 along with our DL looks great. But in reality we have a weakness at S.

You think OCs don’t know this if us fans know this? So I fully expect our S group to get attacked in the air A LOT. It’s up to them to show they’re up to the challenge.