Rodgers sharpening the defense

Forgot to mention. Why do the Jets keep raising ticket prices for a last place team? The giants have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 15 years and I think their tickets are a little bit cheaper. I know from going to away games that almost every other nfl team in the league has cheaper ticket prices. And the parking pass bs lol all for a last place team.
Supply and demand.

16 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

This stats very interesting 

This shows you can have a great pass rush  , but when the other Qb doesn’t hold the football,  that negates that pass rush the Jets have.     Every year your defense has to adjust to what offenses do.

Have you heard of this guy named Sauce, perchance? 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BP said:

I still remember the first play from scrimmage against the Seahawks in a must win game going 90 yards and not being able to stop geno smith all day. And then the jags game at home not being able to stop their offense all day in another must win game. This was reality for the great/vaunted jets defense of 2022. These things stick in my head because they disgusted me.

NY Jets are still the defending off season champions for 13 years.

I’m with you on this. They’re overrated as a defense. Better than Saleh’s first couple of years but that ain’t saying much. They have a long way to go before being an elite defense. And what’s worrisome - they really didn’t upgrade it at all. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 7/3/2023 at 5:49 PM, Xtina said:

Our bad ass d never sharpened Sanchez or any of our bums. I wonder is that is only a one way street. I suppose a good def would make a QB better just never seen it. It might only be a good qb makes a def better.

Last time Rodger had a remotely good def that didn't give up 40 a game. He won the Superbowl

It's going to be a good year 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

I’m with you on this. They’re overrated as a defense. Better than Saleh’s first couple of years but that ain’t saying much. They have a long way to go before being an elite defense. And what’s worrisome - they really didn’t upgrade it at all. 

We need linebackers, desperately. And not retreads. Cj Mosley is basically nothing more than our defensive coordinator. When he’s hurt the defense is lost on the field. When he’s on the field he’s a non factor physically. He was really bad last year. Kwon Alexander made an impact last year but he’s still a FA.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Cyberjet said:

Agree that statistics tend to warp reality. Though statistically they ranked high, in reality they allowed too many frustrating drives having a hard time getting offenses off the field when they needed to. 
That being said they were much improved but to the naked eye the impression was they were not a top 5 defense. Aaron Rodgers will make this a better defense

Statistics warp reality? I trust numbers a lot more than subjective eye tests.

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Our bad ass d never sharpened Sanchez or any of our bums. I wonder is that is only a one way street. I suppose a good def would make a QB better just never seen it. It might only be a good qb makes a def better.

Last time Rodger had a remotely good def that didn't give up 40 a game. He won the Superbowl

It's going to be a good year 

Some QBs simply cannot be made better.

13 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

This shows you can have a great pass rush  , but when the other Qb doesn’t hold the football,  that negates that pass rush the Jets have.     Every year your defense has to adjust to what offenses do.

Don’t forget the best 3 corners in football pal. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, HawaiisOnlyJetsFan said:

They aren't fooling Rodgers, which is the entire point. It's not about learning "tendencies". It's about learning what is tipping him to certain coverages, which can lead to them doing things differently/improving, so they can/are disguising coverages better...how is that difficult to grasp?

What doesn't  fool Rodgers because he has seen every coverage and can read defenses better than any QB currently playing the game won't  necessarily  mean it won't  fool a less experienced  QB. That is my point. I mean if you played organized sports or even something like playing stick ball against your friends, you know this guy has a tendency  to swing at ball that are low and inside. That doesn't  mean the next guy coming up will chase those pitches. That is how you beat players. Figure out what they do that helps them and don't  give them that and what hurts them and bait them into it. 50% of what Rodgers is beating probably will work against the rest of the league. I know having a QB that doesn't  suck is new around here but this is part of it. 

• WTF? 1

On 7/3/2023 at 11:45 PM, CanadaSteve said:

And STILL was a top 10 defense.  With practicing against AR, drafting McDonald, Lawson being a bit more back to form, and Johnson and Clemons stepping up more this year, this defense could be SICK.

Our defensive line could be "SICK", but our linebackers group might just be "sick", meaning not so great.  Our GM and Saleh spend an awful lot of time and capital improving the D line, but not much on the linebacking corps.  

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2023 at 9:49 AM, Raideraholic said:

Who said A Rodgers wasn’t a top ten Qb .  I said all time he’s not in top five for having One Super Bowl .  Trent Dilfer has one Super Bowl too.   

The last line about Trent Dilfer makes the case against the SB thing, doesn’t make it.  
Rodgers with one SB win is top five.  
Gannon with one SB isn’t even close

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Alka said:

Our defensive line could be "SICK", but our linebackers group might just be "sick", meaning not so great.  Our GM and Saleh spend an awful lot of time and capital improving the D line, but not much on the linebacking corps.  

The eagles aren’t the best team in football because of their linebackers. It’s because of the lines. They were built from the trenches out.  JD hasn’t had the same results but it’s the same idea. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Larz said:

The eagles aren’t the best team in football because of their linebackers. It’s because of the lines. They were built from the trenches out.  JD hasn’t had the same results but it’s the same idea. 

Dean & Reddick are nothing to sneeze at.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Dean & Reddick are nothing to sneeze at.

Mosely went to the pro bowl , is a team captain, former team MVP and the blur is really coming on. 

the fact remains that the line makes it easier or more difficult for the backers. 

if I was GM there would be 14 great players on the defense but that’s me. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:53 AM, More Cowbell said:

This is so BS. They are studying and learning how to play against Rogers. That does not mean this is how Tua will play them, or Herbert, or Allen, or any other QB not named Rogers. 

Why would you even say something like this?  This isn't about going up against Rodgers.  It's about Rodgers teaching the defense how he approaches the game and how he sees certain things and then what he does when he identifies.  It's the best ******* thing that could have happened to this team in a long ass time.  I had mixed feelings about signing Rodgers but when I hear this type of stuff I realize its a good thing.  Maybe that's the coach in me but none the less the team will be better with those discussions.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Mosely went to the pro bowl , is a team captain, former team MVP and the blur is really coming on. 

the fact remains that the line makes it easier or more difficult for the backers. 

if I was GM there would be 14 great players on the defense but that’s me. 

3rd round pick a couple of years ago & starting to come into his own. I guess what I’m saying is, either JD hasn’t been able to identify a draft pick to fill the hole at LB or our coaching staff has been unable to develop these young players.

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Very true.  But, if the d-line can actually get to the QB consistently instead of 'almost' getting to the QB, the LB's don't have to be elite.  We can still shore up the LB position in the coming months.  There will be someone.  But again, this heavy investment in interior D-lineman and edge rushers might say something different.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2023 at 8:53 AM, More Cowbell said:

This is so BS. They are studying and learning how to play against Rogers. That does not mean this is how Tua will play them, or Herbert, or Allen, or any other QB not named Rogers. 

So you’re seriously trying to sell the idea that the defense practicing against a HOF doesn’t gain anything from it?  That CB’S, S’S, LB’S, they’re not being helped practicing against a QB who will pick them apart every time he drops back if they don’t play well? 

Because anyone will tell you you’re so wrong

18 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Yeah, the DL forces the opposing QB to rush his passing plays, not allowing him to go deep negates the pass rush.  They’re not helping because KC may have changed the way they approach the passing game 

Im sure making Garoppolo run around trying to save his life is comparable to what Mahomes has done.   And the Jets pass rush will be negated.  

5 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

Why would you even say something like this?  This isn't about going up against Rodgers.  It's about Rodgers teaching the defense how he approaches the game and how he sees certain things and then what he does when he identifies.  It's the best ******* thing that could have happened to this team in a long ass time.  I had mixed feelings about signing Rodgers but when I hear this type of stuff I realize its a good thing.  Maybe that's the coach in me but none the less the team will be better with those discussions.  

Seriously, tell me how you really feel?

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you’re seriously trying to sell the idea that the defense practicing against a HOF doesn’t gain anything from it?  That CB’S, S’S, LB’S, they’re not being helped practicing against a QB who will pick them apart every time he drops back if they don’t play well? 

Because anyone will tell you you’re so wrong

Well, I guess there is no poi t in discussing. 

10 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Well, I guess there is no poi t in discussing. 

Pretty much.  I’ve told since I was a kid that you get better practicing against better players.  The CS thinks it will help.  The players tell us it’s helped, they’re learning more.  

On 7/4/2023 at 1:26 PM, BP said:

Forgot to mention. Why do the Jets keep raising ticket prices for a last place team? The giants have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 15 years and I think their tickets are a little bit cheaper. I know from going to away games that almost every other nfl team in the league has cheaper ticket prices. And the parking pass bs lol all for a last place team.

Not one single 'owner' bought their team to win a SB....nice if it happens, but padding their wallets is #1. By far. And when losing brings in so much money, winning will always be secondary.

On 7/4/2023 at 7:10 PM, Raideraholic said:

this is an amazing stat(s).