Anyone else more disconnected from this team more than usual this summer?

6 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

For whatever reason, my interest in the Jets in the slow summer months is at an all time low this year.  I figured it would be the exact opposite.

I’m checking this board less frequently, checking Jets Twitter less frequently, any sort of way to take in Jets news and discussion I am way below my usual levels for this time of year.

My 2 best guesses are subconsciously I don’t want my “buzz” ruined from the spring where my enthusiasm was at a near all time high.  My other best guess is it a defense mechanism of sorts in protecting expectations.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Lets get to TC

Season 9 No GIF by The Office

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Brah, just wait till Twitter is getting lit w/ Rodgers comp% and TD/INT ratio w/ vids of him connecting w/ G. Wilson and tik tok videos of him running in slow motion in a Jets jersey smiling as he runs his fingers through his hair.  You will need the most loose pair of boner pants you own! 

star wars 107 facts GIF by Channel Frederator

100%!!! Yes, yes. For me, it's not wanting to expend any of my hope this early. The "automatic Superbowl contenders" talk is absolutely ridiculous. I'll start buying in if they have a winning record after 4 or 5 games. Schedule is incredibly brutal, again, and we have question marks in many places, like every year.

For whatever reason, my interest in the Jets in the slow summer months is at an all time low this year.  I figured it would be the exact opposite.

I’m checking this board less frequently, checking Jets Twitter less frequently, any sort of way to take in Jets news and discussion I am way below my usual levels for this time of year.

My 2 best guesses are subconsciously I don’t want my “buzz” ruined from the spring where my enthusiasm was at a near all time high.  My other best guess is it a defense mechanism of sorts in protecting expectations.

Lets get to TC

I have the same feeling, but I think it's for the opposite reason.

There just isn't much to complain or worry about right now. We're not debating the QB, or wondering if the D can turn it around, or begging the team to fill the gaping hole at [insert position] or yelling about the coaching staff. The ingredients for a SB run are all right there, already on the team, and the only thing left to do is wait and see how it comes together.

In other words, until TC starts, there's just not much worth talking about

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Brah, just wait till Twitter is getting lit w/ Rodgers comp% and TD/INT ratio w/ vids of him connecting w/ G. Wilson and tik tok videos of him running in slow motion in a Jets jersey smiling as he runs his fingers through his hair.  You will need the most loose pair of boner pants you own! 

LOL, Twitter, I remember that place

Lets get to TC

It is the lowest level of excitement in a while. The lame  duck years for Bowles, Rex and Gase were pretty low but nothing like this year. 

I just fundamentally hate what we have done this offseason. Almost every move. I think we reached a lot in the draft.

The Rodgers trade was crippling and unnecessary. A completely ludicrous contract to take on, a ridiculous amount of draft compensation. Insane amounts of opportunity cost. It's so bad I am not even sure Douglas and the Jets really even have a plan on how to deal with it.

Saleh is a horrible HC, which is not surprising because Woody keeps hiring essentially the same coach. 

Our HC was more concerned with protecting MLF than making changes to help the team and his QB even after the season was over.

I have serious doubts on Rodgers returning to form.

I just feel that we are watching the last year of this regime, everyone gets fired and we have to start over only with crippled cap and limited draft capital. Then Woody will go hire another ultra conservative DC to be HC and the suck will continue.

Dont get me wrong I will root for the Jets with all my being, but we like 2 weeks away from training camp and I just don't really care.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

It is the lowest level of excitement in a while. The lame  duck years for Bowles, Rex and Gase were pretty low but nothing like this year. 

I just fundamentally hate what we have done this offseason. Almost every move. I think we reached a lot in the draft.

The Rodgers trade was crippling and unnecessary. A completely ludicrous contract to take on, a ridiculous amount of draft compensation. Insane amounts of opportunity cost. It's so bad I am not even sure Douglas and the Jets really even have a plan on how to deal with it.

Saleh is a horrible HC, which is not surprising because Woody keeps hiring essentially the same coach. 

Our HC was more concerned with protecting MLF than making changes to help the team and his QB even after the season was over.

I just feel that we are watching the last year of this regime, everyone gets fired and we have to start over only with crippled cap and limited draft capital. Then Woody will go hire another ultra conservative DC to be HC and the suck will continue.

Dont get me wrong I will root for the Jets with all my being, but we like 2 weeks away from training camp and I just don't really care.

For years you used to openly wonder why people would think the Jets would be bad every Summer.

Now that you think the opposite about the 2023 Jets I’ve never been more confident this team is winning the division and making a deep playoff run.

Thank you Johnny thank you!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lets get to TC

Ditto. I love the years where we have a very high pick and take a QB. Was very excited for Darnold and Zach. Thought we were building something but each of those years was “gravy”- no pressure whatsoever.
This year? Huge amount of pressure. They not only need to make the playoffs, but they really need to win at least one playoff game, and probably the AFC East. The last 12 years have ruined me. Very tough to get crazy excited when people are talking about Jets winning the division, the AFC, even the SB when they have not been to the playoffs since 2010, have not beaten the Pats since 2015, etc.
As with every year, I expect the worst but hope for he best, but now they really have zero excuses and need to put up. BIG TIME.

And that scares me.
  • Upvote 2

On 7/4/2023 at 9:20 AM, HawkeyeJet said:

Lets get to TC

Between the draft and the start of camp very little of real import actually happens.

Wouldn't say disconnected, but not agitating/obsessing over every little nothing-burger story or thread this time of year.

• Upvote 1

I am doing what I do every year.  Combing through all of the chaff looking for a few kernels of Jets news.  I am always an optimist at this time of year.  Something about not learning from past mistakes.  Rooting for the Jets is like buying a lottery ticket.  Triumph of hope over experience.  But I still buy them.

I was opposed to the very costly AR trade.  But he has been a very pleasant surprise.  His time at GB never seemed very happy.  I thought we would see the same things here.  But he has been outstanding.  Couldn't ask for more!

Still have all the age risks.  And need the OL to shape up.  But this time may be different.

18 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For years you used to openly wonder why people would think the Jets would be bad every Summer.

Now that you think the opposite about the 2023 Jets I’ve never been more confident this team is winning the division and making a deep playoff run.

Thank you Johnny thank you!

I am usually the glass more than half full guy so yes maybe they will always do the opposite of what I expect. I will sure be hoping I am wrong.

• Haha 1

How old are you now? I started waning at about 35. Interest was always there, but emotional connection and passion… nah. I stopped having any ****s to give at about 40. Now, I pay attention, but this isn’t my life’s work or my contribution to society, so… 🤷‍♂️

21 hours ago, Warfish said:

Nope.

@bitonti, @FidelioJet and a few others seem to be thinking that way as well.

Guess it depends on what you see as a complete failure I suppose.

for the record this Jets team will be a couple games better maybe 9-8 

the early schedule is a nightmare and the division is the toughest in football 

Super Bowl hopes are overblown

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the division is the toughest in football

It's really not.

Fans everywhere are right now saying their schedules are "killer" and their division is "the best in football".

Fans gonna Fan.  It's just what they do.

Literally on my way in this morning local DC radio was extolling how "killer" the Commander's schedule was, and how the NFC East was clearly the best division in the NFL last year.....

No, more Connected than ever I would say. A Lot of it has to do with the advent of so many really smart Jets fans who are doing YouTube shows, podcasts and call-ins etc to said online shows. I mean I pretty much know the WHOLE roster and who is fighting for say the 6th slot in the WR corps or who I think will be the last and next to last guys at TE and RB.

Jake and GreenBean did a show together the other day and man if you didn't get psyched up after watching/listening to that show then you're probably a Johnny-come-lately fan

I don’t think I’m less connected but as a long suffering jets fan I am waiting for some shoes to drop. Is this the year? The team finally has enough talent to make some noise but so did the teams of the 80, late 90’s, and early 2000’s. Best they got was being a bridesmaid. And really this is usually the doldrums for team news so it’s not unexpected that some fans lose interest. Wait until next month when they start training and game day is that much closer.

Lets get to TC

It's the power of certainty. We know AR is going to provide what the Jets have been missing for some time so we aren't anxious about hearing any snippet of information about the new unknown 1st round QB. We know the D is good. We know the O has a leader and some young quality weapons. So we're just waiting for the news once camp starts. Once camp starts things will pick more than they have in the past.

• Upvote 1

Lets get to TC

There is a lot less to complain about this season. I'm sort of on cruise control myself.

• Upvote 2

On 7/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, JohnnyLV said:

But he’s a hell of a golfer.