Let’s talk about Zach Wilson

12 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I disagree that the o-line got MW killed last year. It was a well timed delayed 6 man blitz where the 6th guy was keying on the C vacating to double someone else. That was on MW to see it and get rid of the ball faster - his blockers were already occupied.

Well you’re right he didn’t protect himself a whole lot, there especially. As opposed to zach who curls up in a ball if DL yells at him. Also zach had the slowest snap to throw count in NFL. 

13 hours ago, Hal said:

Checking in to remind everyone…

1st ballot HoF FQB.   

You are a lucky duckling I let you off the bet regarding the Jets picking up Zachery’s 5th year option. Was worth it though to get you into mafia!

On 8/9/2023 at 12:38 AM, T0mShane said:

There’s a different standard for the #2 overall pick in his third training camp who’s had 22 starts in the NFL. 

They’re also paying him to be the highest paid backup in the league. Second place — Mariota… for less than half the price.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

I missed the first series which was one of the two good series Zach had. We saw last year and today with good running backs he can manage a running game OK. But can he consistently move an offense and score points. And is he able to master short passing which is the bulk of an NFL offense. He got a lot of help today from the defense. I still saw inconsistency and inaccuracy today but team scored 13 vs Panthers 0. Hopefully Zuerlein is as good reg season with Rodgers as he's looked so far. 

On 8/11/2023 at 8:31 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

We are on the cusp of our best season in over a decade and 2 of the top 3 threads on this board are bash zach wilson threads.

The disease is alive and well.

You're acting like we're coming off a great decade.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/25/2023 at 12:16 AM, Hal said:

Zach got historically bad coaching.  He was trying to please the bad coaches.   He’ll be fine.  

I think people should look back on Steve young’s career.  He started two seasons on a bad Tampa team before going to the niners.  And then he was a spot qb for three seasons before he replaced Montana. Three super owls and a hall of fame entry later….

can history repeat itself?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think people should look back on Steve young’s career.  He started two seasons on a bad Tampa team before going to the niners.  And then he was a spot qb for three seasons before he replaced Montana. Three super owls and a hall of fame entry later….

I call and raise you the 700 QBs who started their careers sucking and just sucked.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, rangerous said:

Cool,  Now do Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, Jason Campbell, J.P. Losman, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Christian Hackenberg, Paxton Lynch, DeShone Kizer and Josh Rosen.

cAn hiStOrY rEpEAt iTsElF?!?!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cool,  Now do Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, David Carr, Patrick Ramsey, Rex Grossman, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, Jason Campbell, J.P. Losman, JaMarcus Russel, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jimmy Clausen, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Christian Hackenberg, Paxton Lynch, DeShone Kizer and Josh Rosen.

cAn hiStOrY rEpEAt iTsElF?!?!

Okay but the point is young went from a bad system/team to a great system.  With Zach it presupposes that Hackett is a much better than milfy which, imo, is the case.

Didnt watch the game live, but took a look at the clip of all of Zach’s throws bla bla posted.

He still needs time. I think we’re starting to see what he can be and what his ceiling is. It’s not a top 5 QB. If he can become more consistent, I think maybe he can be Ryan Tannehill. 

• More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Name names. Who is furious? You should diagnose yourself, brother.

Let’s start with those saying he sucked today.  Then those who said yeah he played well but his ceiling is backup QB.  Onto people who are selling he was check down Charlie.  Or brought up YPA

Pretty much the usual group that will dissect him to death to convince us that a good outing wasn’t.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Let’s start with those saying he sucked today.  Then those who said yeah he played well but his ceiling is backup QB.  Onto people who are selling he was check down Charlie.  Or brought up YPA

Pretty much the usual group that will dissect him to death to convince us that a good outing wasn’t.  

It was a good example of why preseason sucks but he did the preseason crap well. Other than 1 throw he looked very accurate.   On 20 throws you get a couple inaccurate throws.  

• Upvote 3