#JetsCamp 7/26. Keep it going.

Larz

The team saying yesterday, Becton being on a pitch count I guarantee was BS. He got beat a couple times yesterday bad by Lawson and then they pulled him. He probably wasn’t happy about it. So he got himself taken out of practice today by complaining about his knee.

5 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Here's what I don't understand...if his knee is barking enough to be held out of practice today, how the hell is it going to be ready tomorrow...snake oil?

I don’t know.  Also, time to tell him:

You.   Are.  NOT.  A.  Left.  Tackle.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

People are kidding themselves if they think Becton being traded isn’t a real possibility.

The writing is on the wall! Brown will be the left tackle Mitchell the right tackle and if he’s not immediately dealt, he will bitch and complain until he is. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

It could have been speech to text error no? Still classic. Not quite valor victorian but great

If I’m a professional journalist or writer I’m double proofreading every tweet I put out. It takes eleven seconds at most. 

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The question is what is a realistic return? I’d say a fourth or fifth rounder at best. 

You take whatever you can get at this point. He’s an unrestricted free agent after this year. He’s way too unreliable to franchise or sign. 

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

You take whatever you can get it this point. He’s an unrestricted free agent after this year. He’s way too unreliable to franchise or sign. 

Right, he’s close to worthless on the market. A malcontent who is on an expiring contract. And as much as people like to pump up Becton’s “potential”, he’s been a liability most of the time he’s been on the field, which is almost never.

6 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

The team saying yesterday, Becton being on a pitch count I guarantee was BS. He got beat a couple times yesterday bad by Lawson and then they pulled him. He probably wasn’t happy about it. So he got himself taken out of practice today by complaining about his knee.

Yep. He got humiliated yesterday. Two sacks by Lawson and one by McDonald. I think his ego got injured, but it really doesn’t matter. He won’t be protecting Rodgers’ blindside this season, completely absurd thought. 

4 minutes ago, PS17 said:

The question is what is a realistic return? I’d say a fourth or fifth rounder at best. 

Probably 

But it is what it is

The guy is historically unreliable, maintains that he’s strictly a LT, dogged the entire coaching staff and front office earlier in the offseason, and if he stays he’s on track to be nothing more than Duane Brown’s backup for a year.

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

I understand all the negativity around Becton. He’s brought a lot of it upon himself. 

But I also think most of us were surprised that he didn’t open camp on the PUP list. Jets are a week ahead of most of the league. Becton had a full pads practice while most players in the NFL were still getting their physicals. There’s probably some middle ground truth between the pitch count and getting pulled for being beat, but I’d lean towards them just being extra careful with him. He’s not only coming back from surgery, but he hasn’t played in two years. He’s gonna get beat in practice, especially against some of these Jets speed rushers. 

Either way, this is not gonna end well. They would never allow him to protect Rodgers blindside. When Brown is healthy he’s our starting left tackle. Mitchell is going to be the right tackle. No way Becton is going to take being a back up.  he will request a trade soon.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

lost in the Becton dog pile is that Will McDonald is the truth

i bash JD alot but fully expect McDonald to lead the DE in sack this year. I'd say lead the team except for Quinnen. He's legit that was a smart pick 

Preach brother 😂

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

lost in the Becton dog pile is that Will McDonald is the truth

i bash JD alot but fully expect McDonald to lead the DE in sack this year. I'd say lead the team except for Quinnen. He's legit that was a smart pick 

You mother****er. The kiss of death.

• Haha 2

Our D is very good and giving our offense who also has talent trouble.  I'm not unhappy with this I think our O due to the QB and WR and such was getting lots of hype, good for them to be stopped dead a few times.

I had a different feeling in the Rex era when the  D would smash the Offense all camp because to me it meant the D was good but the Offense was not good.

I think now we are good on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1