1JD & Hard Knocks

Surprised they showed the kapp getting cut. 

essy to root for those two.  And most of the jets.  They seem like good guys.  And good teamwork
Surprised .. but they didn't show the meeting. And I was happy with that choice.

Good dude.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Good episode

-Hard to watch Tanzel Smart knowing he got cut. Such a good dude. Hope gets to the practice squad. 

-Same for Kapp. He seems like he genuinely wants it, no matter the cost. 

-Hackett is def not meant to be a HC. Way too goofy. I can see why he failed. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad OC, but to lead a whole team? Nah. 

-Gibson could be a sneaky weapon. If he can turn into a legit returner, our ST unit can be pretty dang good. 

-Love pissed off Rodgers. Also kinda like how Becton got between and shoved aside the Giants dude. 

tbf they only showed us goofy Hackett, he obviously goes through real offense stuff which is boring and not hard knocks worthy. We really gonna act like Rex wasn't goofier. Maybe you want to make the argument Rex wasn't a good HC either but I think Hackett's bad head coaching comes from other qualities

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Idk I found it kinda cheesy lol. It's like too obvious of a thing to do.

I’m a sucker for cheesy, but remembering Gandolfini and his love for the Jets, it was a nice tribute.  I didn’t see it coming at all, fwiw.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Good episode

-Hard to watch Tanzel Smart knowing he got cut. Such a good dude. Hope gets to the practice squad. 

-Same for Kapp. He seems like he genuinely wants it, no matter the cost. 

-Hackett is def not meant to be a HC. Way too goofy. I can see why he failed. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad OC, but to lead a whole team? Nah. 

-Gibson could be a sneaky weapon. If he can turn into a legit returner, our ST unit can be pretty dang good. 

-Love pissed off Rodgers. Also kinda like how Becton got between and shoved aside the Giants dude

Great point.  My sense is Rodgers is really working hard on building a relationship with Becton.  Can only help Becton's mental make up...

just finished watching hard knocks and while like many of you I have been around a long time, seen it all and know better than to get overly hyped for the season, but hearing Rodgers say to Garrett Willson first of many and the way he ran off the field after the TD, I wish the Bills game was tomorrow.

I know Lucy is still holding the football but this year our Charlie Brown is Aaron F'n Rodgers.

12 days to go - time can't move fast enough. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The Sopranos intro remake was the best thing the Hard Knocks has put out in 10+ years.

I thought it was old, overdone, and somewhat stupid.  STH had to watch that same stupid thing with Fireman Ed before every game 10-15 years ago.  Plus, the Jets all live 30 or so miles west of MetLife out near Florham Park and do not drive anywhere near that area or route to get to the games.  I thought HBO could come up with something a little more original and less cheesy than that overused bit.  Same with the New York, New York song.  It is so overused (even though it was a cover). 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3

The opening of Hard Knocks last night was a Salsa song by "El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico" called "Un Verano en Nueva York" (Summer in New York). AWESOME opening. As far as playing the Sopranos song showing a HC who is all mouth and nothing more driving to work in NJ, I kind of laughed at it TBH. This is a HC who has gone 12-21 in his first 2 years, his teams have looked unprepared and disinterested many times over the 2 years and is being "celebrated" in the same light as one of the greatest TV characters of all time. That is kind of comical to me, really. Perhaps we should save the tough guy Soprano's opening for a time when they actually have a winning season?

• More Ugh 1