1JD & Hard Knocks

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Just had a chance to watch it and a few thoughts that immediately sprung to mind:

-Credit to HBO, they seemed to get the message from the Jets and made a point of keeping it a bit more light-hearted and positive.  There were definitely multiple moments of even getting some good laughs.
-Holy crap, Solomon Thomas is built like a brick sh*thouse.  Obviously these guys are all in crazy shape to be out there, but he legitimately looked like he could kick all of their asses.
-I couldn't help but laugh as they're flipping through the various position meetings, with mostly positive talk, until the LB room starts off with their coach adamantly proclaiming "that's not good enough!"  Yeah, that sounds about right.
-Apparently every Wilson pass is a no-look pass, but I'll give him some degree of credit for actually acknowledging his own failures.
-Not that we didn't already know this, but damn the team is smitten with Rodgers.

I don't blame the team for their lack of interest in doing this, which I found interesting that HBO even openly acknowledged, but I feel like it's not a bad start.  Let's hope it stays that way, although I'd imagine this year was probably an eye-opener for HBO, and they realized they need to get back into the good graces of NFL teams/owners, or things will only get worse for them.

who knew by not aiming at all he would actaully be able to hit his target for once. Aaron rogers is incredible 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Anyone not doubling Q every play is asking for trouble.  

11 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I know right, I don’t have the HBO or Max or Cinemax thing or whatever the hell I need to watch it yet. It’s really confusing to be honest. AT&T offered me free HBO  to switch my cell phone service but I was told ain’t no HBO no more, I think they call it HIV or Cinemax or HIV max or some sh*t now. 

It’s all the rage.

Spend billions building a brand other companies would pay a Billion just for the name.   And then kill it instead.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Maybe his playoff appearance was trash but he didn't suck that year.   He was literally 2nd in the league that year in MVP voting behind Manning.   He sucked is a bad take from you.  

Check out Ronnie Brown’s stats that year plz. 

While you’re there compare the. To his stats in all years before and after 2008.

Tony Sparano and Brown were the MVPs of that team.  

5 hours ago, Dcronin said:

Overall take on the team as seen so far - Rodgers could be an incredible boost for this team, if he keeps up this calm cool savior thing. Ulbrich seems like a good coach and guy players like. But the hype is just terrible for us. There isn't really any guarantee at all we can eek out enough wins to make a WC spot or win the division, and the preseason expectations are "Superbowl or Bust." It's just insane, just absolutely ridiculous. Chiefs, Bengals, Bills, Ravens, even the Dolphins and Pats and Broncos, all of them will have something to say about that. Our schedule, once again, is almost impossibly hard.

We have three, maybe 4 stars on our team, and for like the what, 9th year in a row, we have a giant question mark at O-line. We didn't sign Rodgers to watch him on the ground. Very worried about OL, and about Breece trying to come back from an ACL. He will more than likely just be a different guy. It's sad.

Overall take on this season of Hard Knocks: good stuff. Love the A-Rodg & Zach storyline, love the inclusion of brilliant actor and cool guy Liev Schreiber. Also see that the Hackett/Rodgers chemistry is for real. Also, even my pessimist self can see that they are trying to build a squad who can live with hype and deliver on it. They just need to show some proof of that. Right now, they just look like any decent NFL team. They need to start looking like they do in our daydreams.

While I certainly get your point on the bold and the "Super Bowl or bust" concept, with the league now up to 3 wild-card spots, there are no excuses if the team doesn't even make the playoffs, and JD and Saleh will be very deservedly both heading to the unemployment line.

The schedule is a total BS advance excuse though, if it's too hard for the Jets but not for the rest of the division, then the schedule isn't the problem, the team is.  Eagles and Chiefs will certainly be very tough games, but one of them has no impact on playoffs beyond total record, and they're early in the season, which is actually to the benefit of the Jets (particularly the Chiefs game, a team they could be dealing with again in January).

Don't get me wrong, I don't currently think the Jets will miss the playoffs, so I'm not overly worried about that, but if they do it's inexcusable.  Super Bowl?  That's the dream, but I'm certainly not getting my hopes up just yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Could be off but Clemons if it all clicks could be a Justin Tuck type of player for the franchise. 

I'm already having visions that our pass rush is going to overrun some opponent and then Clemons is going make a hit that will absolutely demoralize them.  Hopefully this will happen against the Patriots.  

• Upvote 2

There were a couple early segments I was like “nope” for and skipped but really good.  I loved it again   

One part terrified me.  8 running in slow motion, eyes locked in on a defender and running.   In his eyes it looks like he wants to throw a block.   Nooooooooooooo!!!!  Lol.

They give the people what we want.   Fun slow  mo’s of the DLine working.  

Im so glad RB Carter has the juice he did as a rookie again.

You guys were right.   Good watch.  

So I have watched both, they are what they are. Never going to be near the level of Hard Knocks, but it ends up being nice extended coverage of the team.

Two players that interest me for different reasons.

1. They focused on Clemons. They are stacked at Edge. Could Huff be moved in a trade? 

2. You wouldn't know Becton was on this team other than seeing him on film. I don't think they mentioned him at all. First rounder coming back from two years of injuries. Seems like he would be a big story. Or will he not be on the team and Marketing is taking their orders from above to not mention him?

• Upvote 1

I've expressed before that I don't like 1JD.  It is nauseating PR fodder and this episode was no different.

I do not need to see 4 min of a uniform photo shoot, 2 min of face close-ups prior to game, 10 min of slo-mo game footage, 3 min of slo-mo players getting on a f*cking bus, 1 min of slo-mo players walking onto a joint practice field, 3 min of slo-mo practice footage.  All with bad, cheesy music playing.

There is just so little interesting content provided.  Only thing I enjoyed was seeing a bit of Brownlee and Brian Burns' session.

Also wtf is wrong with some of these parents?  Keep your snot-nosed, traitorous Carolina kids away from my QB.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So I have watched both, they are what they are. Never going to be near the level of Hard Knocks, but it ends up being nice extended coverage of the team.

Two players that interest me for different reasons.

1. They focused on Clemons. They are stacked at Edge. Could Huff be moved in a trade? 

2. You wouldn't know Becton was on this team other than seeing him on film. I don't think they mentioned him at all. First rounder coming back from two years of injuries. Seems like he would be a big story. Or will he not be on the team and Marketing is taking their orders from above to not mention him?

If they have some level of inside knowledge it could be significant. Like focusing on Brownlee.

Interestingly on the play that is viral for JJ (that was admittedly great) Huff clearly really got the sack. JJ gets ton of praise on the sideline, no one says a word to Huff. Last year when Huff started to get sacks and break out a bit, there was some mistake he made, though I forget exactly what, but after that he was used less in the rotation.

Just get the feeling that Saleh just does not like Huff. Wouldn't be shocked to see him be moved. Would also be completely unshocked if Hiff immediately went out and got 14 sacks for the new team. We should trade Lawson if we trade anyone. Darth Belichick has it right, get rid of players a year early.

Personally I think Saleh is a fraud and I see it in a lot of little things. Like Huff. And Mims, possibly with Tippman this year, siding with MLF over Zach. He just comes off to me as a fraud. 

IJD and Hard Knocks are sort of reinforcing my suspicions about him.

I heard someone talk about Andy Reid last week. Apparently he doesn't do much in the motivational speech side in practice, but in their practices Mahomes gets 2.5 times as many reps as Rodgers is getting and the backups get more than Rodgers as well.  Saleh's practices look less intense than my high school practices.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2

21 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If they have some level of inside knowledge it could be significant. Like focusing on Brownlee.

Interestingly on the play that is viral for JJ (that was admittedly great) Huff clearly really got the sack. JJ gets ton of praise on the sideline, no one says a word to Huff. Last year when Huff started to get sacks and break out a bit, there was some mistake he made, though I forget exactly what, but after that he was used less in the rotation.

Just get the feeling that Saleh just does not like Huff. Wouldn't be shocked to see him be moved. Would also be completely unshocked if Hiff immediately went out and got 14 sacks for the new team. We should trade Lawson if we trade anyone. Darth Belichick has it right, get rid of players a year early.

Personally I think Saleh is a fraud and I see it in a lot of little things. Like Huff. And Mims, possibly with Tippman this year, siding with MLF over Zach. He just comes off to me as a fraud. 

IJD and Hard Knocks are sort of reinforcing my suspicions about him.

I heard someone talk about Andy Reid last week. Apparently he doesn't do much in the motivational speech side in practice, but in their practices Mahomes gets 2.5 times as many reps as Rodgers is getting and the backups get more than Rodgers as well.  Saleh's practices look less intense than my high school practices.

Well you kind of took a turn there from the Marketing talk to Saleh.  :)

I don't think you are going to get a 39 year old Rodgers and have him overworked in camp. I like the joint practices the Jets are doing, it is the only way to create intensity with the new CBA.

Saleh? He was advertised as a defense and this wide 9 stuff had me scared because the pass rush has been so bad here for years. He stood by his D.C. during the bad times and it paid off. He changed up the O.C. after the bad times and it has paid off with Rodgers.

If word around the league was that Saleh was a joke, Rodgers wouldn't have bet his legacy on this. That is my two cents.

Granted Joe Douglas builds the roster but this team has an identity, Saleh is the one that sets that. They have edge rushers, running backs, still guys and a Hall of Fame QB.

• Upvote 3