NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Well, this means either Michael Carter or Bam Knight is a goner. Probably Knight since I think MC can rebound as a pass catcher and 3rd down back with Rodgers throwing him the ball.

Cook and Knight are similar RB's

Carter, like Moore, has a big mouth and JD shut it up. Carter is a goner. 

17 minutes ago, jgb said:

Are we screening suitors for our daughters or trying to win football games over here?

Winning football isn't worth everything. I am not ok with a scumbag that hits women. I guess you're ok with anything? Or do you draw the line when it gets too much for your moral compass? Its all rhetorical so no need to answer. I don't want to read the sad standard you have for it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Everyone -Fantasy football update for me: hold onto your seats

I am now NOT keeping Breece Hall in my auction draft.

Though I still intend to acquire him from the draft pool. 

I know it’s a risk. I could keep him at $31 this year, it would be $35 if I kept him 2 years. I’m going to roll the dice and hope he doesn’t go for that much given the Cook signing.

• Ugh 1

39 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Breece Hall missing games?

Of course.  He always was.  I am not sure why some fans were thinking he was going to be ready for week 1.  He blew out an ACL and hasn't played since late October of last year.  No training camp, no nothing.  

This allows Breece Hall 4-6 extra weeks to get into game shape.  Who knows?  Maybe an RB can now be traded for a later-round asset. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, pointman said:

Winning football isn't worth everything. I am not ok with a scumbag that hits women. I guess you're ok with anything? Or do you draw the line when it gets too much for your moral compass? Its all rhetorical so no need to answer. I don't want to read the sad standard you have for it.

No, that’s not what I said. If you want to debate with someone who is ok with men who hit women, you should probably go find someone who holds that view.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

He WAS a better player than both. He was extremely average to below average last year and he's all of a sudden going to regain from when the Vikings couldn't wait to dump the guy. Names mean nothing ultimately in the NFL. Everyone declines, RBs more than any other position.

he had almost 1500 yards and 10 TDs last year.  while he's not the player he used to be, it's hard to call that below average (unless by his own standards).

glad it's only a 1 year deal.  there are legitimate concerns he's about to fall off the proverbial cliff, so a 1 year deal lessens the risk.  reported money is "up to $8.6MM", so need to see what it guaranteed, what is base and what is incentives.

obviously they are concerned on breece not being ready to start the year and certainly not ready to carry the load a full year.  i don't evaluate bam and carter in camp/practice, so i'm in no position to compare them to cook.  the coaches and front office obviously feel he's more valuable and assumedly a better player than the non-breece RBs on the roster.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Reverse Fran Healy GIF by Travis

lol. 

My take never changed on RBs dude.  I was always in favor of adding a RB, just not Dalvin.  The argument you just quoted is exactly what I've been saying all Summer.  

Only thing that changed was that I could no longer hope for Eno Benjamin after he tore his ACL, lol.

• Upvote 2

The Jets officially have a pick your poison offense now. With a QB smart enough to take advantage of it

safety up ? Throw over his head

safety back? give it to Cook. 

should be the type of offense that at least moves the chains and at least flips field position and gives the defense a test. 

this is like Dungy’s colts. 

throw it to get a lead , then unleash the pass rush pound the rock 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We need a RB capable of catching passes on this roster.  Cook and Bam really aren't that. 

I'm no fan of MC but we need his services on 3rd down.  

video is basically cook in the passing game....spoiler he catches and also protects the ball really well. 

game winning catch

he is best back available this year. good job Jets

Not really a fan of this.  I like our young guys and I thought they were adequate. But he’s a Jet now, so let’s go!

I’m also kinda shocked how quickly many on this board are ready to throw Carter in the dumpster/trade him away. I think Carter is a very good player and seems like he’s great lockerroom guy.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

No, that’s not what I said. If you want to debate with someone who is ok with men who hit women, you should probably go find someone who holds that view.

So you're not ok with someone abusing women, but its ok to financially compensate one if it fits your desperation to win football games? Got it. Not much of a difference, but you do your thing.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

video is basically cook in the passing game....spoiler he catches and also protects the ball really well. 

game winning catch

he is best back available this year. good job Jets

And yet:  MC's numbers as a receiver the last 2 years are superior to Dalvin's.  Cook also has 11 drops the last 2 seasons. 

He can absolutely help us in the early downs.  3rd down not so much.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My take never changed on RBs dude.  I was always in favor of adding a RB, just not Dalvin.  The argument you just quoted is exactly what I've been saying all Summer.  

Only thing that changed was that I could no longer hope for Eno Benjamin after he tore his ACL, lol.

Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

uh huh whatever you say....yeah you def did not change your view lol

For a well rounded backfield we should keep Carter over Bam. Izzy is better than Bam and Carter is better at catching the ball than Bam and Izzy. So hall starter when healthy with Cook  mixed in. Carter and Izzy barely getting any touches. The great news of this is no injury to our RB room now ruins our season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1