So who is the odd man out at RB

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Carter, Cook, Hall, Izzy are somewhat similar backs, Knight seems to be more of a banger which is a good thing to have.

If it was me I'd try and get something for Carter.

You have to imagine this as at the top of JDs mind. Next year's draft is currently a little bare, I could see him trying to stock that back up a little, and MC is probably the most valuable as a trade asset even if it's a later round pick. 

We'll keep Michael Carter...here's one (of serveral) MC highlite reals from his days at NC. Im in a rush so don't know if this is the real that has his 300yard day.....but THIS is the MC we drafted, and could see again with AR under center.....no team will be stacking the box, giving MC good lanes to accel thru. Give it a look...pretty impressive if he can re-capture any of this.

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

I always have the same fear, but how often does this really happen to the Jets?

You have Riggins, Farrior, maybe Geno? Who else am I missing? @Jetsfan80 has covered this in detail. 

I think the bigger problem the Jets have had over the years is not drafting stars in the first place!

its not so much which player....its just..... they always find a way to F it all up.

yeah yeah i know SOJF

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

We'll keep Michael Carter...here's one (of serveral) MC highlite reals from his days at NC. Im in a rush so don't know if this is the real that has his 300yard day.....but THIS is the MC we drafted, and could see again with AR under center.....no team will be stacking the box, giving MC good lanes to accel thru. Give it a look...pretty impressive if he can re-capture any of this.

i think we will keep him over knight also.....but the thing this film highlights to me is that he has good initial burst but is missing that top gear

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

i think we will keep him over knight also.....but the thing this film highlights to me is that he has good initial burst but is missing that top gear

Yup...he's got good initial burst to get thru the line but in the open he got chased down like a crack head on Cops!

You have Riggins, Farrior, maybe Geno? Who else am I missing? [mention=5406]Jetsfan80[/mention] has covered this in detail. 
I think the bigger problem the Jets have had over the years is not drafting stars in the first place!

Hugh Douglas

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, FootballLove said:

We are not Draft Michael Carter in the up coming draft ..we drafted him 3 years ago.... so why in holy hell are we looking at what he did in college when he has 2 years of pro football under his belt ?

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

You have Riggins, Farrior, maybe Geno? Who else am I missing? @Jetsfan80 has covered this in detail. 

Because he missed a few players.  

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Bam is better than Carter at everything 

Maybe.  Not totally convince off of 4 starts, 7 suit ups.  He’s had what 2 good games?  But word is he’s had a really good camp.

Im thinking with Halls status unknown, they keep both

see this is the problem i have with getting Cooks. one of these guys have got to be let go. it is possible to be all in and still keep and develop young guys for the future.

you guys kept Judging them the last 2 years, but thats unfair to them when they had the worst QB (Wilson) and the worst QB room (Wilson, Flacco and White) of any team the last 2 years.

then next year were in the same boat when Cooks becomes a FA. looking around for another #2 RB when we might have one already here who is young and under a nice cheap contract which believe me were going to want when Rodgers cap hit starts to get bigger and bigger. and where not going to have any idea if we have one already here cause they wont be getting much playing time.

Izzy is probably safe being a rookie and has played well. Carter and Bamm wont survive waivers to make it to the PS.