So who is the odd man out at RB

15 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Carter has both more upside and a more diverse skillset than Bam, who is primarily a one-cut runner in the mold of the other guys in the room (Breece, Izzy, Dalvin) but less good at that. 

It'll be Bam.

He looks like a good locker room guy too.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Not making this a poll because it's  either MC or Bam. The more I think about this the more I think the Jets are tired of MC and he will just be cut. Bam still has a chance to show he is good. We have been waiting for MC now for 3 years at a position where early impacts are common. 

probably carter. I mean bam was brought up to the main roster cause carter could  not cut it, i dont think an offseason and new rookie that has flashed helps carter.

Bam is likely a goner. 

I think he needs to ball in these last two preseason games to have a chance. 

Remember that Carter is a JD pick who had a solid rookie year and is also very well liked in the locker room. I also think he is well-suited to be a change of pace RB3 (splitting time with Izzy). 

This is the main reason I didn't want to sign Cook.  Going after a "name" at the expense of a young, promising prospect at a position where youth and low mileage are prime attributes.

Knight is likely the odd man out.  If I had to choose, I'd go with Carter.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

Either one will be protected on the practice squad.

They have to pass through waivers before they can be signed to the PS though.

Carter would certainly be claimed, Bam would have a slight chance of going unclaimed.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Bam:  better blocker, better durability, better special teams contributor

Carter:  better running (slightly), better receiver

That's your choice.

Spot on.

Cook is neither a good blocker or pass catcher while Breece is good at everything.

So the Jets will have to figure out what they want from the other 2 backs, 1 being Izzy and the other Bam or Carter.

Izzy:  home run hitter, but raw in passing/blocking game

If they keep Carter, they have only 1 proven blocker in Breece.  Unless Bawden assumes that role. 

If they keep Bam, they have 2 proven blockers, 2 home run threats (Breece + Izzy), an immediate workhorse (Cook) + 2 complete backs (Breece + Bam).

26 minutes ago, KRL said:

Either Carter will be traded or Knight/Abanikanda will get "injured" and go on IR

Yeah I could definitely see the phantom injury move happening. Cook is on a one year. Bam probably makes it to the PS though. I really like his potential but not sure someone is going to active roster him from the roughly 1100 people cut on cut day

I am of the belief that both should make through, with Bam definitely making it through.

Every team will be in the same predicament, And the Jets have too much talent on their DL that teams will be grabbing them.

Plus I expect someone whether Carter or Bam to have a phantom injury at the time to make the cuts.

4 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

based on past experiences with my fav team.....my bet is whoever goes will become a star

I always have the same fear, but how often does this really happen to the Jets?

You have Riggins, Farrior, maybe Geno? Who else am I missing? @Jetsfan80 has covered this in detail. 

I think the bigger problem the Jets have had over the years is not drafting stars in the first place!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You have Riggins, Farrior, maybe Geno? Who else am I missing? @Jetsfan80 has covered this in detail. 

I think the bigger problem the Jets have had over the years is not drafting stars in the first place!

Partly Demario Davis? Even though he came back a 2nd time and we let him go a 2nd time lol.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Danny Woodhead 

• Upvote 2