Undercover Athlete - CJ Mosely

maury77

6 hours ago, MykePM said:

It's cool to see another side of CJ.  He usually seems pretty dry.

Oh, and living in the Southwest, I'd hoist that flour sack as many times as I needed to to get a NY pizza right now.

That was my exact reaction as well. Liked seeing him interact and be silly a bit, have some fun.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Look at all those weaklings off the street out-lifting Mosley. Also what a jerk, giving away the hardworking owner's pizza like that, on his first day on the job no less, laughing it off like he did when he went offsides on a hard snap. He deserves a pay cut. 

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Figures you would like him. SOJF rooting for individuals instead of the team, even when they are terribly overrated like Mosley, who's maybe like the team's 8th-best defender. Maybe.

You've got #thedisease -- it's time to root for winners like those around Mosley instead this year. You'll come along kicking & screaming, but you'll get used to it eventually. 

Like clockwork

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lmao

disease

disease

disease

disease

disease

Sorry, but you don't have the credibility to badmouth anybody, seeing how you were looking forward to dunking on everyone here when your dream came true of Rodgers going to the Dolphins.

As you were ;)

When are people gonna learn not to f**k with Sperm Edwards?  It’s the digitized equivalent of killing John Wick’s dog.  

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lmao

disease

disease

disease

disease

disease

Sorry, but you don't have the credibility to badmouth anybody, seeing how you were looking forward to dunking on everyone here when your dream came true of Rodgers going to the Dolphins.

As you were ;)

To be fair,  making a bad prediction or not liking a move before it happens, like predicting the Jets weren’t interested in Rodgers or not wanting him to be signed, seems different to me than bashing a player like Mosley who is already on the team. You have made good arguments about his contract and being overpaid, and about his performance being overrated but inside the organization and around the league he is highly regarded as he was a second team all pro last year. I think the overall point Joe makes about some Jet fans constantly focusing on the most negative aspects of a situation, like in this case the captain and leading tackler of the league’s 5th ranked defense, can seem like it’s a disease. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, docdhc said:

To be fair,  making a bad prediction or not liking a move before it happens, like predicting the Jets weren’t interested in Rodgers or not wanting him to be signed, seems different to me than bashing a player like Mosley who is already on the team. You have made good arguments about his contract and being overpaid, and about his performance being overrated but inside the organization and around the league he is highly regarded as he was a second team all pro last year. I think the overall point Joe makes about some Jet fans constantly focusing on the most negative aspects of a situation, like in this case the captain and leading tackler of the league’s 5th ranked defense, can seem like it’s a disease. 

When the best thing you can say about Mosley is him being a captain, leader, and volume tackler, I think you've made our point for us.

He's a good player.  Not a great one.  He sucks in coverage (all the #'s back this up, don't challenge me on this), doesn't get nearly enough TFLs and FF's and he doesn't get to the QB.  In today's NFL, we call that skillset.....a bit outdated. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When the best thing you can say about Mosley is him being a captain, leader, and volume tackler, I think you've made our point for us.

He's a good player.  Not a great one.  He sucks in coverage (all the #'s back this up, don't challenge me on this), doesn't get nearly enough TFLs and FF's and he doesn't get to the QB.  In today's NFL, we call that skillset.....a bit outdated. 

I won’t quibble with your assessment of Mosley but with the multitude of crappy players we’ve seen come and go on the Jets in the last 12 years, the level of bashing of a good, not great, player kind of makes the point I was going for. 

12 hours ago, docdhc said:

There was plenty more; I just stopped there.

Wanting to dunk on every Jets fan here who wanted Rodgers, if he instead got his wish of Tannehill keeping the kettle warm for Zach a year later, is being a terrible Jets fan. 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:36 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Is this the thread where we bash our all pro team team captain and talk about how overrated he is?

Jet fans…..

You certainly are an expert of ruining everyone else's fun.  Chill and knock off you arrogant, condescending attitude towards your fellow Jets fans.  Jets fans like that suck.  Don't be a suck.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/3/2023 at 1:49 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

So the players of all the other teams voted him onto the top 100 because he’s the jets team captain? That doesn’t make a lot of sense.  He’s very good in coverage.  He may not be a shut down linebacker or Ray Lewis. He’s still very good.  Thinking that a linebacker has a responsibility to get to the QB in this defense tells us all we need to know about you lol. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2023 at 6:26 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

lmao

disease

disease

disease

disease

disease

As you were ;)

LESS THAN 0% CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

You certainly are an expert of ruining everyone else's fun.  Chill and knock off you arrogant, condescending attitude towards your fellow Jets fans.  Jets fans like that suck.  Don't be a suck.

You can be arrogant and right. Or chill and wrong. But never go full arrogant and wrong.

• Upvote 2

On 9/4/2023 at 11:09 AM, Dcat said:

It's only September 5th and the Joe W captaincy emo meltdown is already tantalizingly close.