New York Jets Enemies List News and Notes

T0mShane

1 hour ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

I always wished these 3 would trip and fall down a very long flight of stairs together. Then my hopes were dashed when Shula died. That M.F. always ruined my dreams.

Sunday Jan 12, 1969
Stadium: Orange Bowl
  • Upvote 2

On 9/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, slimjasi said:

7an9.gif

What if I told you . . .  that I’m totally cool with the Seahawks and actually enjoy that Geno might finally be realizing his physical potential? I’m also particularly grateful to that organization for gifting us access to Garrett Wilson and AVT for Jamal. 

I agree about the other teams. 

Counterpoint:  Jamal Adams is still a Seattle Seahawk, and I want nothing good to happen for him for the rest of his human existence.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:15 AM, Lith said:

Used to listen to local sports talk radio commuting to and from work.  Before the growth of satellite radio and podcasts.  And before I started telecommuting.  Probably 10+ years since I listened to Waddle and Silvy.  Or Mac, Jurko and Harry (if they are even still a thing).  Mike North with Dan Jiggets and Doug Buffone. 

Greatest schadenfreude sports moment of my life was being at the Cubs-Marlins game 6 at Wrigley in 2003.  The Bartman game.  I had a blast as all the Cub fans around me went from celebratory to suicidal in a matter of minutes.  It was awesome.

On 9/9/2023 at 11:19 AM, T0mShane said:

That must have been incredible. I remember watching it on TV and dying inside for that dude

There were other fans who reached for that ball.  Bartman got a raw deal.

The_Steve_Bartman_incident.gif.dd03825ccbe17be310d6aecb84a37e89.gif

• Upvote 3

On 9/11/2023 at 4:55 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

There were other fans who reached for that ball.  Bartman got a raw deal.

The_Steve_Bartman_incident.gif.dd03825ccbe17be310d6aecb84a37e89.gif

This always made me laugh since everyone saying Bartman should've pull back and let the ball drop would've been elbowing people out of the way to catch it themselves if they were in the moment.

On 9/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

1a. Broncos

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

Other than the Pats and Dolphins, I don't view any of these teams as being a stand-out enemy (beyond the usual "let's beat this team").

Packer fans said some stuff but understandably so.  It's all about AR to them.

The Sean Payton thing seems overblown.  Though that game will be more fun as a result.

The Bills are a division rival but the Dolphins and Pats are who I view as the real enemies in this division.

Why is Seattle on this list?  Jamal?  Geno?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re not on the #enemies list, but holy sh*t the Bears are unspooling under Eberflus. Players are straight up quitting less than one game into the season.

QB school tore the offense a new one. Concepts, design, blocking execution, decisions, everything lol 

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They’re not on the #enemies list, but holy sh*t the Bears are unspooling under Eberflus. Players are straight up quitting less than one game into the season.

I wonder if the Bears would trade us Justin Fields if we offered them Sauce and GW.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Larz said:

QB school tore the offense a new one. Concepts, design, blocking execution, decisions, everything lol 

Saw that too, which is tough because Getsy has had a decent reputation up til now. You have to wonder if he’s coaching around Fields and it’s sent everything into a tailspin. 

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I wonder if the Bears would trade us Justin Fields if we offered them Sauce and GW.

Bears were morons not to trade Fields last year when some teams were interested in him.   They could be sitting here with a much better young Qb plus a bit of a draft bounty.

They get what they deserve.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bears were morons not to trade Fields last year when some teams were interested in him.   They could be sitting here with a much better young Qb plus a bit of a draft bounty.

They get what they deserve.

On the other hand, if Fields sucks, they are gonna be terriblethis year, and they already have two #1s in the 24 draft.  They kind of hedged their bets with the trade out.  If Fields worked out, which seems doubtful, they have a ton of draft capital to build around him.  As it looks now, they could be in great position to pick one of the top guys next year.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

On the other hand, if Fields sucks, they are gonna be terriblethis year, and they already have two #1s in the 24 draft.  They kind of hedged their bets with the trade out.  If Fields worked out, which seems doubtful, they have a ton of draft capital to build around him.  As it looks now, they could be in great position to pick one of the top guys next year.

+1. Bryce Young would probably be QB5 in next year’s draft. Bears were smart not to jump

• Upvote 4

On 9/9/2023 at 10:50 AM, slimjasi said:

7an9.gif

What if I told you . . .  that I’m totally cool with the Seahawks and actually enjoy that Geno might finally be realizing his physical potential? I’m also particularly grateful to that organization for gifting us access to Garrett Wilson and AVT for Jamal. 

I agree about the other teams. 

I think Zach is starting to BELIEVE HE'S THE ONE!!

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

+1. Bryce Young would probably be QB5 in next year’s draft. Bears were smart not to jump

Yep

Everyone loves to talk about Caleb Williams and rightfully so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Drake Maye ultimately overtakes him as the #1 pick.

Dude literally looks like Peyton Manning in every facet.

And then there’s guys like Ewers, Leonard, Nix, etc.

Fields is far more explosive as a runner than I ever thought he would be, but he does even dumber sh*t in the passing game than Zach does. Everything beyond a screen pass or simple 3 yard drag route is an exercise in futility.

The Bears aren’t exactly trotting out dogsh*t at the skills positions and along the OL these days. They’ve invested HEAVILY in those areas over the last two years.

If Fields continues to flail, then the Bears might even jump ahead of the Cardinals as the most desired job in the league amongst potential GM’s and HC’s. Especially factoring in Kyler Murray’s massive, smoothbrained contract.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Everyone loves to talk about Caleb Williams and rightfully so, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Drake Maye ultimately overtakes him as the #1 pick.

Dude literally looks like Peyton Manning in every facet.

And then there’s guys like Ewers, Leonard, Nix, etc.

Fields is far more explosive as a runner than I ever thought he would be, but he does even dumber sh*t in the passing game than Zach does.

The Bears aren’t exactly trotting out dogsh*t at the skills positions and along the OL these days. They’ve invested HEAVILY in those areas.

If Fields counties to flail, then the Bears might even jump ahead of the Cardinals as the most desired job in the league amongst potential GM’s and HC’s. Especially factoring in Kyler Murray’s massive, smoothbrained contract.

Nate Tice said before the season that Maye would end up QB1 at draft time, but Caleb Williams is filthy. I’d give up a thumb for either. RE: Fields, he could probably be a top 20(?) receiver in the game if he can catch. He’s got less than zero awareness as a passer, which is such an indictment of that Ohio State system. Bears are going to have to choose between the coach or Fields sooner than later.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Agree that the Bears were smart not to jump at Bryce Young.  It's foolish to waste a high pick on "whoever the top QB is" that season if you don't believe in the guy.  Then you also feel tied into the guy for like 2-3 years.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2023 at 10:33 AM, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

1a. Broncos

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

I’m old enough to remember when the Colts were on this list every year.