1-0

CanadaSteve

2 minutes ago, jetsuckbillsdont said:

I wouldn't get to cocky. We'll see who wins the East at the end of the year. 

We're going to be lending Jordan Whitehead out to each of your opponents for 1 week each using a new reversible trade mechanic.  By the end of the season we will have 15 day-2 draft picks and he will have 51 INTs.  

Should be fun :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm going to say the very unpopular thing that needs to be said.

Zach Wilson had a 66.7% completion rate with 10 YPC avg. and 1 TD and 1 INT.  Coming into a game he had no expectations of playing in.

But that's not the context.

The context is the pass protection was beyond sh-t.  The same OLine that got Rodgers killed in 4 snaps, also had Wilson running for his life on nearly every dropback.

Did he make 1 really bad mistake?  Yes.  Did he make a few more questionable passes?  Yes.  But he also completed 14 of 21 passes for 140 yards.  He got the crucial 1st down on the sneak play.  He did enough to help the team win on a night when not many expected them to. And I don't have numbers but I would bet he was under extreme pressure on at least half of his passing snaps.

So maybe, just for a moment, contemplate that with even league-average pass protection, Wilson might be good enough to win a bunch more games with this team.  Everyone is pointing fingers at him after a win, but really, we should be questioning every position on the OLine except perahps AVT.  It was absolutely horrible, and next week it's gonna be a whole lot worse.  It will be fortunate if Wilson still has feeling in his legs after next Sunday's game unless something changes fast.

Wilson was actually the better QB on the field tonight.  Maybe that's not saying much, but this night would have felt even worse on the heels of a loss.  Any time a backup comes in and wins, it's a big win.  Like it or not, he's our starting QB now.  And I expect Rodgers will be in his ear every day at practice.  So maybe let's just ease up for a week or two and see where this is going, because no matter how much pearl-clutching goes on, he's our guy.

Stop

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Zach Wilson had a 66.7% completion rate with 10 YPC avg. and 1 TD and 1 INT.  Coming into a game he had no expectations of playing in.

The context is the pass protection was beyond sh-t.  The same OLine that got Rodgers killed in 4 snaps, also had Wilson running for his life on nearly every dropback.

Did he make 1 really bad mistake?  Yes.  Did he make a few more questionable passes?  Yes.  But he also completed 14 of 21 passes for 140 yards.  He got the crucial 1st down on the sneak play.  He did enough to help the team win on a night when not many expected them to. And I don't have numbers but I would bet he was under extreme pressure on at least half of his passing snaps.

So maybe, just for a moment, contemplate that with even league-average pass protection, Wilson might be good enough to win a bunch more games with this team.  Everyone is pointing fingers at him after a win, but really, we should be questioning every position on the OLine except perahps AVT.  It was absolutely horrible, and next week it's gonna be a whole lot worse.  It will be fortunate if Wilson still has feeling in his legs after next Sunday's game unless something changes fast.

Wilson was actually the better QB on the field tonight.  Maybe that's not saying much, but this night would have felt even worse on the heels of a loss.  Any time a backup comes in and wins, it's a big win.  Like it or not, he's our starting QB now.  And I expect Rodgers will be in his ear every day at practice.  So maybe let's just ease up for a week or two and see where this is going, because no matter how much pearl-clutching goes on, he's our guy.

The OL was far and away the biggest problem tonight but I could see it improving over the coming weeks. 

ZW has a great arm and had a couple of very nice passes (in addition to an awful INT) but he's still a MASSIVE question mark.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The OL was far and away the biggest problem tonight but I could see it improving over the coming weeks. 

ZW has a great arm and had a couple of very nice passes (in addition to an awful INT) but he's still a MASSIVE question mark.  

Totally fair.  He's going to be a roller coaster.  My hope, however realistic or not, is that a few weeks of Rodgers whispering in his ear will help him improve enough to really help this team win.  Sanchez almost got us to the SB twice.  Zach just has to be a little better than that.  Hopefully more, but I'll take what I can get.

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I hated the way we approached the OL. I listened to the many posters here who proclaimed we were fine, better than fine, we would excel. Tonight the OL sucked at pass protection. Our run game looked good, but their defensive ends owned our tackles. I hope Brown gets better with game time, but wow, they were bad.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, OilfieldJet said:

I hated the way we approached the OL. I listened to the many posters here who proclaimed we were fine, better than fine, we would excel. Tonight the OL sucked at pass protection. Our run game looked good, but their defensive ends owned our tackles. I hope Brown gets better with game time, but wow, they were bad.

Maybe...and I'm just spitballing here...but maybe having our starting LT take the entire preseason off wasn't such a great plan.

17 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I get the optmism but they call plays for him like he's a UDFA out a FCS school, he's just not it.

Dallas will probably stack the box and blitz every third down

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I get the optmism but they call plays for him like he's a UDFA out a FCS school, he's just not it.

Dallas will probably stack the box and blitz every third down

Dallas may just commit felony assault on him enough to put him next to Rodgers on the bench.  I expect his life insurance policy will be cancelled by Thursday.