NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is partially on Saleh. It's his job to ask his OC to try anything other than the same garbage. I watched this with Lafleur and now Hackett. No adjustments. Not a single gadget play to disturb the flow of the D. Not a single Jet sweep. Not a single reverse. Nothing. Nada. 

I agree but we don't know how much of this is actually on execution. There were times I saw Dallas peel off and get up on our check downs pretty quick which means we did a bad job of selling it. Once a check down is read or a screen Zach is dead in the water and his 2 options are to run or to take a sack because you really can't expect much else

Lot of bad. Hopefully the team got it out of their system. Im probably just being hopeful here, but short week, long game last week, long travel time to Dallas, late game (always bad news for the Jets) and a playoff caliber Dallas team. Next week will say a lot. If somehow they can beat the Pats, I think they still have a shot at the playoffs. 

If they put up a stinker at home, the season is probably over after week 3

• Sympathy 1

Out coached and out played. Where have we heard that before?  This team, like many other Jet teams, bought into the hype.  The D and O game plans were abysmal.... the execution was piss poor and I will not ever comment on the QB ... like the Left side of the OL, he is toast.

• Upvote 1

So going into the game, Thorn had the cowboys line;

DL# 1.    OL #5

The Jets;

DL # 5.  OL #20

when the cowboys had the ball it was strength on strength. 

when the Jets had the ball it was a big mismatch.  That was the story of the game. 

and really the big problem is the SLOW STARTS. Playing from behind  is death. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

This is what happens when you worry about your public imagine and try to sell a fanbase on some BS over hyped team by doing ******* hard knocks and 1JD instead putting your heads down and getting to work. Please stop trying to sell us ZW it’s unbelievable how far they go. His teammates don’t believe in him, it’s too obvious. He has talent but not the head to do anything with it.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

This is what happens when you worry about your public imagine and try to sell a fanbase on some BS over hyped team by doing ******* hard knocks and 1JD instead putting your heads down and getting to work. Please stop trying to sell us ZW it’s unbelievable how far they go. His teammates don’t believe in him, it’s too obvious. He has talent but not the head to do anything with it.

They didn't want to do hard knocks but the NFL said you are going to be on hard knocks. 

Some fans still focusing on ZW.   It’s a strange obsession.

He didn’t play well overall..but Boys had the ball the whole game. - well over double the time.   Run game ..offensive line - defensive unit..get more of the blame in my book. 

team loss..both sides of the ball…but especially due to a defense that’s supposed to be top 5?  N=t today.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

I don’t think anyone in the front office down to the coaches gave one second of thought to the possibility of Rodgers getting hurt. 

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

He didn’t play well overall..but Boys had the ball the whole game. - well over double the time.   Run game ..offensive line - defensive unit..get more of the blame in my book. 

team loss..both sides of the ball…but especially due to a defense that’s supposed to be top 5?  N=t today.

Yea why focus on the worst QB in the league that we spent the 2nd overall pick on , who is already the biggest draft bust in team history. Same old Jet fans right ? Losers . 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

I’m not hitting the panic button yet. Elite players wreck games and Parsons is one defensive player that could win league MVP easily. 

I just hated the coaching today overall, on both sides.

Fortunately it was an NFC, against a very good football team. Don’t let it snowball  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t think anyone in the front office down to the coaches gave one second of thought to the possibility of Rodgers getting hurt. 

I think the way they thought of it was, if rodgers stays healthy we have a chance to win it.  If not, we go with zach, keep our first rounder and get a new qb next year.  It’s now possible that both rodgers and wilson are not on the team next year.  

Dallas is the best team in the league right now and they are peaking. Their best players are also peaking and may be top 3 players if not the best at their positions in the league — Parsons, Lamb, Prescott…

This game was not winnable. Better team on paper, better team on the field, and totally completely out coached. Jets had no chance here even if was not a big stinker. 

• Upvote 2

The first pick wasn’t “being aggressive”.  It was being reckless and stupid.  And he does that far too often for someone you say is “improving”.  

The game was all but over when he threw the 1st pick. They were down by 17 in the 4th quarter, the way the D was playing, it was like they were down by 100.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app