McDonald

FactsOnly

8 hours ago, neckdemon said:

while you are right that it's beyond stupid that we drafted a guy in the first who we are barely using.......you are one of the biggest goofs on this forum so it's kinda ironic to see you call anyone else a goof

That dude's a troll, definitely a fan of another team just getting a rise out of gaslighting us. Some of his shtick is funny, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Time to get McDonald on the field.

Every year we hear how elite the defensive line is. We hear how they are wreaking havoc in camp. We see them dominating backup offensive linemen in preseason. And every year they proceed to perform during the season like a completely average unit that can't consistently pressure the quarterback.

They picked the guy in the first round for a reason. Let's see what he can do. At least put him in on third down passing situations, which have been disappointing to say the least.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

That dude's a troll, definitely a fan of another team just getting a rise out of gaslighting us. Some of his shtick is funny, though. 

Chris Simms Unbuttoned

what a lame title for a podcast.  F’ing guy wasted my last 3 years as a jets fan because meatheads thought he was the Pope of QB evaluation 

• Thumb Down 1

Been thinking about what Jermaine Johnson hinted at when he  repeated twice with a snicker "We got something for him" in referring to Mahomes. Nothing really came to mind but then...

Found this snippet from The Post https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/will-mcdonald-is-ready-to-make-a-major-impact-on-jets-defense/  that went unnoticed from mid August:

"None other than Aaron Rodgers offered advice when McDonald asked him at practice Thursday how he knew he was dropping into coverage. " 

McDonald played some OLB in college... maybe dropping and shadowing Mahomes as a prevent to him breaking big runs?...

That's all I got...

On 9/28/2023 at 4:44 PM, Beerfish said:

New England has the WORST O talent in the league.  We gave up a huge play td to someone named pharoh brown, we gave up 157 rushing yards.  Did our D do something to lose the game?  No did they do something to help win the game?  No

0 sacks, zero turnovers created.

As  said before if you want to defend the D fine as long as you say we have an average mediocre D that does not actively help you win games.

Our defense is 'supposed' to be awesome, they have been great in game one and non entities in the last two games

This is a repeat from last season. D plays well but with no offense, the D is hung out to dry. Its demoralizing to have to play D on this team when your crappy offense cant even generate a first down or sustain drives. Any semblance of an offense and we are 2-1 not 1-2. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s got a long way to go. Blew contain on a big run and otherwise didn’t make an impact 

Yup.  Will probably go back to being inactive for the next few weeks.  Needs to get on an nfl PED program this offseason. Hes not big or strong enough to play at this level naturally.  Not many are.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  Will probably go back to being inactive for the next few weeks.  Needs to get on an nfl PED program this offseason. Hes not big or strong enough to play at this level naturally.  Not many are.

I don't think it was strength so much as jumping inside and stunting which let the back run right where he should have been.  Even when you are a little guy, sometimes you have to take your lumps so they can trip over your corpse, or you slow him down enough for the DT or DB to fill in and make the tackle.

FWIW, the Chiefs made some great 1 on 1 tackles of Breece that shocked me, while Whitehead had a pretty poor game IMO.  That was another big difference that was tough to overcome.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Been thinking about what Jermaine Johnson hinted at when he  repeated twice with a snicker "We got something for him" in referring to Mahomes. Nothing really came to mind but then...

Found this snippet from The Post https://nypost.com/2023/08/19/will-mcdonald-is-ready-to-make-a-major-impact-on-jets-defense/  that went unnoticed from mid August:

"None other than Aaron Rodgers offered advice when McDonald asked him at practice Thursday how he knew he was dropping into coverage. " 

McDonald played some OLB in college... maybe dropping and shadowing Mahomes as a prevent to him breaking big runs?...

That's all I got...

Whiffed big on that left field prediction!...  McDonald, who admitted before the draft that he didn't know who JJ Watt was🤔  is still very raw after starting interest in football late but should develop based on his physical skills.

Mosley was key in dropping and if he held onto that first near pick...

On 10/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, Jetkwondo said:

That's all I got...

All Jermaine Johnson has done in his short career is talk. Kid needs to shut up and put up a bit. 

We can talk all about expanding Will McDonald's role, but he got snaps last week and last night and the early results so far is that he looks like Ol' McDonald rushing the passer.

Joe Douglas better get creative and find a way to squeeze Bryce Huff under the salary cap next year because the pass rush instantly goes to $&%! without him on the field

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think it was strength so much as jumping inside and stunting which let the back run right where he should have been.  Even when you are a little guy, sometimes you have to take your lumps so they can trip over your corpse, or you slow him down enough for the DT or DB to fill in and make the tackle.

FWIW, the Chiefs made some great 1 on 1 tackles of Breece that shocked me, while Whitehead had a pretty poor game IMO.  That was another big difference that was tough to overcome.

Agreed. Whitehead had at least two where he went for the hit instead of wrapping up, allowing the ballcarrier (can't remember if it was Pacheco both times) to just bounce off him. Then there was another where he did go for a regular tackle and it was broken for extra yards. 

There was that one tackle it looked like Breece was going to turn the corner to the left. Can't remember the play but it wasn't the 40 yarder and he only had 5 other carries so it's not hard to narrow down if I cared to look it up. I wonder if he might've cut back right again on the long run if I think his downfield blocker (Conklin?) dove & left his feet to Hall's right. Barely even a split-second decision there, while already running downhill, so it's hard to get on him for that.