I Was Wrong ...

KRL

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

If Gano doesn’t miss the kick we’re looking at the same meltdown as after last years Patriots game where Saleh was forced to admit that they weren’t fielding a professional quarterback.

Their record is not consistent with qb play.  You could argue they should not have won the buffalo game either.  If the jets lose both and are 2-5 we’re all sitting here talking about drafting a qb in the first round again.  Which should still be in the conversation but it won’t

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Their record is not consistent with qb play.  You could argue they should not have won the buffalo game either.  If the jets lose both and are 2-5 we’re all sitting here talking about drafting a qb in the first round again.  Which should still be in the conversation but it won’t

These guys are willing to go along with it as long their paycheck still clears. If you remember last what after the Patriots game there was like a 5 hour meeting that included Woody which led to Mike White finally starting. You can only gaslight for so long. Winning hides things but this obviously isn’t sustainable. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's funny that you think expressing a critical opinion of a football player on a football message board makes a person "miserable".  As if that opinion, and only that opinion, drives that posters happiness level.

Well, having Zach Wilson forced down our throats for a 30th game certainly impacts the entertainment aspect of my happiness.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's funny that you think expressing a critical opinion of a football player on a football message board makes a person "miserable".  As if that opinion, and only that opinion, drives that posters happiness level.

Criticism is fine. Anger makes no sense. Sign of the times I guess. 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Can you imagine?

We're 4-3, and Zach is rated 15th in the NFL with a 67% comp. rate, 2,100+ yards passing well on his way perhaps to a 4,000+ yard year, 13 TD's, 8 INT's, 240-260 YPG, and a 90+ QB rating?

He'd be beloved here for just being......average.  I wish he were at that level.  That would be improvement to crow about, and a basis, perhaps, for hope for a brighter future about.

The stats above, btw, are Sam Howell, 16th rated QB in the NFL at current, 5th round pick on the crumbling, fire-sale Commanders, a guy who may not even be a starter for that team next year as it enters a what could be a full blown rebuild.

@Beerfish

52 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Half those other QBs lost their games, while ZW won his.

Which is a reason to stop crediting QBs with wins and losses and evaluate their play on its own merit.

This team is winning completely in spite of Zach Wilson.  Meanwhile, those QBs you disparage for losses have been net positives for their teams.  

The cream rises to the top.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I am not a Zach fan dude....But any QB in this league will look average with well-below-average line play.  And if you have to be Patrick Mahomes to look just average behind a well-below-average line, then 3/4 of the NFL starters aren't going to look very well.  We apparently remember that Super Bowl very differently. 

Zach is still not processing fast enough to hit the short window when guys are open.  THAT is the NFL.  But for most of the people to be shredding him as they are, given we are doing that thing again where we are on the 4th/5th starter for positions on the OL weekly (it seems), I will take 4-3 with victories over Buffalo and Philly (and almost KC if not for some spotty refereeing).

Again, Mahomes didn’t look average even with 5 backup linemen facing an elite defense on its A game. Three dropped TDs are on the receivers, not the QB throwing them.

Yeah I’ll of course take victories any way they come, and will hope for more since we don’t decide who the QB should be, but it’s hard to watch. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

In the context of Sunday's game was it really a poor performance though  ?  I can shudder to think what some of you would say if you were Giants fans. 

in what world is a 47% comp % not a poor performance? yeah we won and thats great but 9 times out of 10 your team will lose a the game its QB completes under 50%.

yeah i know there were some drops but not that many to bring it down like that.

and officially he had 2 drop passes and 8 bad throws.

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

in what world is a 47% comp % not a poor performance? yeah we won and thats great but 9 times out of 10 your team will lose a the game its QB completes under 50%.

Again in context of the game. 3rd center ,bad rain, a defense blitzing on almost every down. Yeah he made bad plays (sacks , and a dirted throw) but compared to the opponent in similar conditions ...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Frank, I would love nothing more than for Zach Wilson to get himself away from the combination dumpster fire/meat grinder that is the New York Jets organization. He seems like a nice young man with a bright future, and because of that he never had a chance here. I would be very pleased to see him take his $30 million dollars and back up a real quarterback in Arizona or San Fran next year. That said, he’s here now, he sucks, and this dipsh*t org is running him out there every week, so we get to complain about that until he’s gone. 

T0m, I know you love white boys from Utah, so I very much believe what you write here. In the meantime, please voice your concerns with one Robert Saleh, he is the one you should be frustrated with

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

And you continue to blame the wrong person as well. Why do you hate Saleh? Is it because he's Lebanese or Muslim?

Oh, here ya go:

chain-of-command.thumb.webp.3fb56d2e0b9a0515faa053d0dfc79228.webp

I don't hate Saleh, and really don't appreciate the racist implications bud, I just think hes a fake HC, hes a DC posing as a HC. Seems like a great dude, and have no personal issues with him, my issue is he plays pussyball, and I don't think pussyball can win a SB, which is all I ask at some point in my life from the Jets

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

You could argue the other way as well by looking at the chiefs game Zach played pretty good as far as stats go he outperformed mahomes who many consider the best in the league. We lost that game but i don't think anyone came out of that one feeling like Zach was at fault.

9 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

They’re going to have to decline his option, and also they must know what they have.  Levis threw 4 tds in his first game.  They hoped to hide Wilson all year and then probably trade him, but he has little trade value.  I can’t see them going into next year with this same qb situation.  Unless there’s an implosion this year, it seems unlikely they take a qb in round 1 now, but OL seems very likely.  

They are not declining his option. Or He will get an extension like Love. Nothing about your stance aligns with reality. The Jets FO and SalehLOVE Wilson. Rodgers loves Wilson. The players are solidly behind him. End of story. 

1 hour ago, GangGreened said:

There is no “anger” from the side that criticizes him. Let’s be very clear. That side is usually inserting some humor into the situation. The “anger” comes from the other side. 

the other day someone said he was going to block me cause he only wanted to bring up the last 3 games and forget the 1st 3. now after yesterday he cant do that anymore. that game killed his so call improvement the last so and so games.

these guys think the season started vs KC

18 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

They are not declining his option. Or He will get an extension like Love. Nothing about your stance aligns with reality. The Jets FO and SalehLOVE Wilson. Rodgers loves Wilson. The players are solidly behind him. End of story. 

next year is the 4th. the 5th year is in 2025 and is projected to be around 20 million for Zach. Rodgers is due 51.5 million cap hit in 2025. there is no way we are paying 71.5 million for the QB position in 2025.

plus Rodgers is under contract for 2025. he could play. we are not paying 20 million for a backup QB. and May 1st 2024 is when we need to decide this with Zach, way before anybody knows what Rodgers wants to do.

he is not getting that extension.

37 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’ve never seen anyone throw a personal attack from that side. You were bringing someone’s wife into a ZW debate lol

My point exactly. The original poster said a zw fan was a nut licker. But that's not classless but my post was. Double standards all over this debate. 

12 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

The mental gymnastics with this kid is crazy. I don’t know what I think anymore honestly. He looked like sh*t those whole game in my eyes. Then he throws a laser on the run to set up the game tying FG. The throw was a thing of beauty. Now days later everyone giving him a pass for what I thought my eyes saw. 

I’ve said it before, but I really hate his god given arm talent , becuase it’s there and it’s amazing, unfortunately that’s the only thing he’s got a QB needs that’s even remotely adequate 

Did your eyes not see:

- The OL injuries and 3 C's down tot he PS guy picked up two weeks ago at a critical position?
- The pouring rain which will impact any game and team's offensive performance?
- The multiple dropped passes on well through balls, I have read there were 8
- The Giants pass rush and blitzing wrecking havoc but ZW hanging in their all game and pulling it out when it mattered at the end?

1 minute ago, JetsRay said:

Did your eyes not see:

- The OL injuries and 3 C's down tot he PS guy picked up two weeks ago at a critical position?
- The pouring rain which will impact any game and team's offensive performance?
- The multiple dropped passes on well through balls, I have read there were 8
- The Giants pass rush and blitzing wrecking havoc but ZW hanging in their all game and pulling it out when it mattered at the end?

I saw all that on film and it’s true.  For that I give him a pass.  BUT, it’s hard to ignore his poor play all season.  He is poorly ranked via stats and facts are stubborn.  He is ranked around #30????   Only in Jet land would he have defenders.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2? Lol

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again in context of the game. 3rd center ,bad rain, a defense blitzing on almost every down. Yeah he made bad plays (sacks , and a dirted throw) but compared to the opponent in similar conditions ...

This is where I am at.    His play looks poor… He's running for his life as well.  

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I don't hate Saleh, and really don't appreciate the racist implications bud, I just think hes a fake HC, hes a DC posing as a HC. Seems like a great dude, and have no personal issues with him, my issue is he plays pussyball, and I don't think pussyball can win a SB, which is all I ask at some point in my life from the Jets

Never thought id agree with you.  But i do.  

• Thumb Down 1

Here's the thing:  Do I think Zach will ever be a starting-caliber QB in this league?  No.  

Was Trent Dilfer a starting-caliber QB?  No.  And he won a Super Bowl despite him starting all season. 

Let's hope for that, and let's hope that Aaron Rodgers has pulled some Aleister Crowley-level black magic to come back for the playoffs when we need him.  6 more wins might get us there. 

Here's the thing:  Do I think Zach will ever be a starting-caliber QB in this league?  No.  
Was Trent Dilfer a starting-caliber QB?  No.  And he won a Super Bowl despite him starting all season. 
Let's hope for that, and let's hope that Aaron Rodgers has pulled some Aleister Crowley-level black magic to come back for the playoffs when we need him.  6 more wins might get us there. 
I appreciate you position .... I disagree ..I think it's certainly possible he could reach a solid starter level.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, KRL said:

Hmmmmmm interesting key quotes from this interesting article is as follows:

"The Jets’ offensive line was playing horrendously even before two starters went out, and things only got worse after that. Wilson was ultimately pressured on 51% of his dropbacks, the highest rate of any quarterback in Week 8 outside of the Giants’ quarterbacks. The run game was non-existent, averaging 1.8 yards per carry outside of Wilson’s runs. The offensive line also committed four penalties.

New York’s weapons were similarly poor. The Jets’ receivers had a drop rate of 10.5% and caught 1-of-9 contested passes (11%). Receivers were not separating – on Wilson’s average pass attempt, the targeted receiver had 2.2 yards of separation from the nearest defender, the lowest mark of any QB in Week 8 (the league average is 3.4). Part of that is also because Nathaniel Hackett’s pass concepts rarely worked. Not to mention, the weather was a factor."

Just a thought..........

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, Same Old Jets said:

Zach Wilson won us the game against the Giants, give credit when is due and stop slobbering over yourself. 

How many Jet QB’s of the past, including Namath, hit those exact 2 consecutive 29 yard throws in the last 24 seconds?  Probably None of them.

The KT offsides stopping the clock was a gift that cost the Giants the game but most importantly the idiotic decision to NOT bring the pass rush heat on Wilson  when they could get it ALL game even rushing only 2 at him, while he had 4th stringers trying to protect him, was beyond insane.

The physical talent in Wilson proves why and where he was drafted, will he ever couple that with the mental side, who knows.  But he’s definitely improving at it.

Time to let him play like Mahomes ALL game long, they allowed that when he outplayed Mahomes, ONLY QB to Ever do that (pro down to college).  Time to let him rip it ALL game long.  You shouldn’t have to worry all that much when he gets picked a couple of times with this D.  If you let him play his game almost guaranteed you put up 2 more TDs per game on the scoreboard.

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

You could argue the other way as well by looking at the chiefs game Zach played pretty good as far as stats go he outperformed mahomes who many consider the best in the league. We lost that game but i don't think anyone came out of that one feeling like Zach was at fault.

Yep.  That was the only game this season, and one of only 2-3 in his entire career to date, where he looked and performed like a pro QB.  

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

i dont think he has a choice with this offense but to play pussyball. i think thats a main reason we are 4-3. 

look at the Eagles game where we finally went for it on 4th down , and we got stopped and gave them the ball at there own 40. they scored to put us down 14-3. that could have lost us the game. when we have a really good punter who has been pinning teams inside the 5 all year and got us 2 safeties because of it he should have punted.

i know you have all the confidence in the world in Zach. i dont, and neither does Saleh no matter what he says. otherwise we wouldnt be playing pussyball.

your right, we cant win a SB like this, but we werent winning one this year anyway. next year with Rodgers, Saleh wont be coaching conservative like this.

but we can make the playoffs like this, maybe. and i think thats more important to Saleh then being aggressive and losing out on the playoffs.