Corey Davis Speculation Thread

Maxman

1 hour ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

I am so confused.  I didn't know Davis retired, just thought he changed his number from 84 to 10.  Does this mean there is another receiver we are paying $11 million to drop passes?  

It may not be by a gigantic margin, but Davis is a much better option than Lazard and way more of a dog.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I have been thinking about Corey Davis. This team never replaced him and how amazing would it be if he came back and that is why the Jets didn't make a trade for a receiver. Wishful thinking on my part? Saw this tweet and oh my. Would be great if this was true.

I am not sure what Corey had to deal with. Hoping the best for him and his family, he is a class act.

Me likey!!!

11 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Old Parcellsianism here:

If you are thinking about retiring, you already have. (and I know, Davis didn't really retire officially, but he retired).

I also understand the hypocrisy of Parcells saying this.

That fat **** supposedly retired when he left Tampa at the altar.  How many years did he coach after that?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

That was my first thought: family illness. Second thought was infidelity or other marital stresses, seeing how both could be situations that he'd want to keep private. Could also be neither of those reasons, of course. I suppose it could be lack of drive if he'd been mulling the decision for some time, as he stated, but "some time" was a pretty vague duration.

Could also be the recurring injuries just added up too much, as he's gotten hurt every year but one (when he missed 2 games to covid) and was worried the next one could be permanent (he wouldn't be the first to make that calculation). Plus on top of that he isn't from here, probably his wife isn't either, and frankly he's 28 and doesn't need the additional money ($25MM rookie deal, plus $27MM his first 2 years with the Jets), so he should be sitting on some $30MM even if he was just stuffing almost all his after-tax money into his mattress.

Also could be related, directly or indirectly, to his brother (died of kidney cancer at 27; awful stuff). 

no chance he has $30MM - but hopefully enough that he can live very well.   

On 11/1/2023 at 7:11 AM, slimjasi said:

This would be great, but is there any concrete source on this? 

Not really, the tweet referenced is baseless speculation. 

I'd love to have Corey back but he for sure walked away from the team for good reason, So much so that everyone refuses to talk about it and have given him full privacy. I wouldn't count on him coming back this season or get my hopes up for the possibility. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, carlito1171 said:

Not really, the tweet referenced is baseless speculation. 

I'd love to have Corey back but he for sure walked away from the team for good reason, So much so that everyone refuses to talk about it and have given him full privacy. I wouldn't count on him coming back this season or get my hopes up for the possibility. 

Read the updated post, Bart Scott apparently said it on WFAN today.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At this point in time, having Davis is likely better than not having Davis. 

So I hope the rumours are true. 

Hope he's been working out hard tho, if he's in couch shape, it's doubtful he'd have any positive impact this year at this point.

I like that you went with the UK version of rumor. Makes it seem more official!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At this point in time, having Davis is likely better than not having Davis. 

So I hope the rumours are true. 

Hope he's been working out hard tho, if he's in couch shape, it's doubtful he'd have any positive impact this year at this point.

Wont he need 3 months to get his legs under him like Dalvin cook?

• Ugh 1

22 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Three pages of thread based on the quote "there is a lot of speculation..."

Really? By whom? Based on what?

Sounds like more crap someone made up for clicks.

Trade deadline is done - 

The only real hope for some help at the WR spot (and we need it)  is if Davis comes back.  So there's a big discussion about it.

• Upvote 1